No Name Description
N/A

Pussalas pils pirmsākumi ir meklējami 14. gs. Tajā laikā minētā pils bija viena no lielākajām šāda tipa aizsardzības pilīm. Pēc Traķu un Viļņas ieņemšanas 1382. g. pils kļuva par Ķēstutu (Kęstutis) - Lietuvas dižkunigaišu dzimtas dzīves un valdīšanas vietu. 1655. g. Polijas – Lietuvas lielvalsts un Krievijas kara laikā pili nopostīja. Līdz mūsdienām no iespaidīgās celtnes (aizņēma 4 ha platību) saglabājušās tikai no laukakmeņiem celtā aizsargmūra un torņu paliekas. Tās iekšpagalmā ir apskatāma efektīvā viduslaiku ieroča – katapultas atdarinājums.

N/A

This is one of the most expressive estates built in the style of Romanticism.  Dating back to the 19th century, it is on a peninsula in Astravo, which can easily be reached from Biržu along the longest wooden bridge in Lithuania, crossing Lake Širvenos.  Covering 18 ha, the mixed-plan park was installed from 1851 until 1862.  Local fir trees, linden trees and pine trees grow in the park.

N/A

Atrodas Taurenē, Gaujas labajā krastā. Muižas apbūve, kurā ietilpst pils (19. gs. 80. gadi, arhitekts – R. G. Šmēlings, historisma un neoklasicisma stils), senie alus pagrabi, klēts, vecā pils un parks, veidojies 19. - 20. gs. Šobrīd muižas pilī atrodas Taurenes pagasta pārvalde un kultūras nams. Muižas kompleksā ietilpst ēka, kurā atrodas Vecpiebalgas novada tūrisma informācijas punkts un Taurenes novadpētniecības ekspozīcija (senajā ledus pagrabā). Parkā (ziemeļos no pils) uzmeklējams piemiņas akmens, kas veltīts komunistiskā terora upuriem. Pie Nēķena muižas sākās 0,4 km garā Cieres dabas taka, kas iepazīstina ar Gaujas krastu mitrājiem.

N/A
Bikovas Manor. The name of this manor is listed in the chronicle since the 17th century. You should see the manor house and the park where you can find a stone chapel that was built in 1820, servant’s house, several household buildings and stablings. After the fire of 1905, the building was reconstructed and the second floor was built. Since 1937, the manor is serving as Gaigalava Secondary school. According to the legend, there are secret passages that lead to the church and the cemetery. The building is the architectural monument of local importance.
N/A

The Livonian Order built a castle made of bricks and fieldstones in this location in 1253.  The building measured 72 x 40 metres and had a three-story residential area and a gate tower at its centre.  An entrance for soldiers was installed at the height of the second floor of the fortified wall during the 14th century, with barriers and four bastions installed during the 16th and 17th century.  Legend has it that the daughter of a knight was bricked into the wall and that there was once a secret underground passage to the Lutheran church that is 200 metres away.  The park includes the “Ancient Seashore” promenade, featuring plaques with quotes from Zenta Mauriņa and Jānis Rainis.

N/A

The Baisogalo Estate is one of the oldest ones in Lithuania and is known as a royal castle because it once belonged to the local lord.  The ornate late-Classicism buildings were built in the mid-19th century and have survived.  The 12 ha landscape park dates back to the early part of the 19th century, with an alley of chestnut trees leading to the estate from the local village.  The central alley that starts at the gate weaves through two curvy bodies of water with a bridge and statues of lions.  Various trees behind the estate are alongside curvy and narrow pathways.  On both sides of the alleys are bodies of water, and deep in the park is a pond with an island.

N/A

Der Stützpunkt des Livländischen Ordens. Der Bau der Burg war eine Strafe für Ortsbewohner. Die Burg wurde nach dem Befehl des Dänischen Königs Frederik der II 1576 vernichtet.

N/A

The Cesvaine Castle is one of Latvia’s most beautiful castles. Built in the style of Eclecticism, it is said to have been presented by its owner, Adolf von Wulff, to his wife. The castle was built between 1893 and 1896. On the banks of the Sūla River alongside the castle is the Cesvaine Park, including the afforested Cesvaine castle hill.

The castle is closed until November 2018. Excursions are only outside!

N/A

The Švekšnos Estate and its park are among the most beautiful venues of this type in Žemaitija.  Alongside the estate is an impressive park, with two segments that are linked by a wide parade staircase that is decorated with vases and offers a lovely view of the lower terrace.  On an island I the central pond of the park is a statue of the goddess Diana.  A colourful sundial, a vase on a pedestal, a sculpture of St Mary, and a sculpture called "Angel of Freedom" are all found in the park.  Other elements, including viewing areas, pathways and gates have also been restored.

N/A

Braucot cauri Kaives ciemam, var pievērst uzmanību Kaives muižas „atliekām”. Vietas vēsture ir sena, jo jau 1440. gadā Livonijas ordeņa mestrs piešķīra šeit īpašumu Johanam Kaivenam. Kungu māja gāja bojā 1905. gadā, bet pārvaldnieka ēku nopostīja 2. pasaules kara laikā. 1956. g. nodega kalte, bet pirms trijām desmitgadēm - muižas krogs. Līdz mūsdienām palikusi tikai 1861. gadā celtā magazīna (sarkana ķieģeļu ēka) pakalnā un tai blakus esošais parks, kurā izveidots neliels skulptūru dārzs, estrāde un atpūtas vieta.

N/A

The castle was built during the first half of the 19th century in Tudor Neo-Gothic forms.  The first owner of the castle was Baron Johann Gottlieb von Wolff.  During the 1870s and 1880s it was rebuilt in the style of French Neo-Renaissance.  The castle was burned down during the 1905 Revolution, but it was restored with certain elements of Art Nouveau forms.  Tours are available of the interior of the building.

N/A

The Bebrene Estate features an ensemble of Baroque buildings from the late 19th and early 20th century. The dominant building is the mansion of Count Plater-Sieberg, which was built in 1896 after a design by the architect L.J.L. Marconi. It is home to the Bebrene High School today. Surviving to the present day are the ornate gate and the unusual stone fence of the estate. The regular-design park which surrounds the mansion features a wealth of foreign trees.

N/A

The Alantos Estate is in the village of Naujasodžio, and it was built in the style of Neo-Classicism in the 19th century.  The estate is surrounded by a park with many types of trees, as well as a set of ancillary buildings.  The mansion is reminiscent of an Italian villa, and the Neo-Romantic park has alleys of trees and three ponds of various sizes.  The trees were planted so that over the course of time, their trunks would grow together to ensure mighty crowns.  Alongside the park are a few gazebos, an obelisk that stands a few metres high, as well as white marble sculptures of Venus and Jupiter.

N/A

The Buse (Matkule) castle hill is next to the Imula River.  The hill and the opposite bank of the river offer one of the loveliest views of small rivers in Kurzeme.  They are best seen during the season when trees are bare so that leaves do not cover up the landscapes.  There are trails for pedestrians in the area.

N/A

The Lielstraupe Castle is the only building in Latvia which contains a Medieval castle and a church.  Work on the castle began in 1263.  The building suffered great damage during the 17th and 18th centuries, as well as during the riots of 1905.  The complex was restored in 1909 by the architect Wilhelm Bockslaff.  There are several artistic monuments in the church – the organ loft from the 17th century and the pulpit paintings of the 18th century.  In 1944, two stained glass windows produced by the artist Sigismunds Vidbergs were installed at the church – Golgotha and Birth of Christ.  The tower contains a clock produced by a local clockmaker, and there is a sun dial on the wall of the church.  Visitors to the park of the castle will see the wooden bell tower which dates back to 1744.  A memorial plaque to men who fell during World War I and Latvia's liberation battles was installed in the church in 1938.  A drugs treatment hospital was installed in the castle in 1963.  The church is open during worship services, and the rest of the complex can only be viewed from the outside.

N/A

This estate is an unexpected surprise in this place and date.  Work on the castle began in themed-18th century, and it was rebuilt one century later.  During the first half of the 20th century the castle hosted an elementary school, and during the Soviet occupation it was an apartment building.  Today the castle has been reborn in terms of form and content in the direct and indirect sense.  The Mountain Holiness Community works here.  During the summer, there are children's camps and other events.  The old stairs, window shutters and brass door hinges are all original.  A church is being built on the site.  The Renaissance-style garden can be visited.  Contact the estate in advance for a tour of the interior of the castle an church in the company of local residents who will tell you all about the history of the estate and its garden.  300 m to the south-west of the estate is the Brukna Castle Hill, which is hard to see in situ and even harder to access. 

N/A

Meklējama Skaistkalnes dienviddaļā, Mēmeles labajā krastā, Skolas ielā 5. Vietvārds Šēnberga tulkojums no vācu valodas nozīmē „Skaistais kalns”. No sarkanajiem ķieģeļiem celtā divstāvu muižas pils (historisma stils) tapusi ap 1894. g. (arhitekts Pauls Makss Berči). Ēkā ir saglabājušies dekoratīvās apdares elementi un iespaidīgs kamīns (vienīgais tāds Latvijā), uz kura atainota dzimtbūšanas atcelšanu Latvijā. Kamīnzālē atrodas pirms četriem gadiem atjaunotais griestu plafons. Muižas pilī atrodas Skaistkalnes vidusskola. Muižu ietver parks, kurā atrodas citas ar muižu saistītās ēkas.

N/A

This is one of several remarkable medieval strongholds in Estonia; the convent house, mysterious cellars and displays with numerous finds and exhibits are open to visitors; the children’s playground in the courtyard contains attractions inspired by the Middle Ages.
The single nave Dome Church (1279) is the largest of its kind in the Nordic and Baltic countries. The White Lady, the most famous ghost in Estonia, makes her appearance in a church window in August at full moon.

N/A

The Burbišķe Estate houses the Daugivene Culture and History Museum.  The 28 ha territory is environmentally protected.  The central part of the park has a pond that covers 3 ha and has 15 islands and 11 bridges, both large and small.  Since 2000, the estate has hosted a tulip festival with some 300 types of tulips.

N/A

The New Sigulda Castle was built between 1878 and 1881 for Prince Kropotkin.  Its tower was extended in 1937.  From 1923 until 1940, the building was known as the Writers Castle, and it was managed by the Latvian Press Association.  During the Soviet era, a cardiology sanatorium was housed there.  In 1993, the Sigulda City Council took over the castle, and since 2003 it has been home to the Sigulda Administrative District Council.  The wooden residential building (mid-19th century) in which the Kropotkin family lived still survives, as do the granary (late 18th or early 19th century), the gardener's house (19th century), and the stone wall (19th century).  The New Sigulda Castle is part of the historical centre of the Sigulda, Turaida and Krimulda complex, as are the ruins of the Sigulda Castle and the Krimulda Castle, the Krimulda Estate and the Turaida Castle.