No | Name | Description |
---|---|---|
The farm breeds historical Portuguese Lusitano breed horses, Shetland ponies, other horses from Europe, Ango Nubian goats, sharp wool sheep from Lithuania's genetic fund, and a large group of various fowl. Visitors will learn all about the animals and their origin and be given a chance to ride horses and ponies, as well as to observe the animals. |
||
The History Museum of Malta. Exposition „History of Malta parish: from
Rozentova and Borovaja to Malta”. We offer household items, tools of trade,
works of art, collection of paper money and coins. Excursion outside the museum
„At the cross-roads of Malta”.
Working hours: Mon– Fri : 9.00 – 17.00, Sat., Sunday : closed |
||
In Dagda, on the side of Daugavpils Street, there is a forested hillock that is the Lubāne castle hill. On the upper part of its southern side, there’s a viewing area which offers a view of the small Lake Lubenenis, the eastern part of Dagda, and the white tower of the local Catholic church. Legend has it that treasure is buried here.
|
||
This set of buildings represents a homestead for a fisherman and a farmer. The house was built in 1926, and the ancillary buildings all date back to the first half of the 20th century. The homestead can be seen from the road. |
||
Prepared blood sausages both traditional and more modern. The farms offer sausage-making demonstrations for various interest groups. Farm sausages are special with the prize won at the Riga Food exhibition - People's Taste. Open at any time by prior arrangement. |
||
The trail tells about the protected nature area which is found in Riga city and has been established to protect the seashore habitats (forests, meadows, reeds, dunes) and the birds, populating the daugavgrīva meadows. There is a bird watching tower with facilities for people with special needs.
|
||
Braucot cauri Kaives ciemam, var pievērst uzmanību Kaives muižas „atliekām”. Vietas vēsture ir sena, jo jau 1440. gadā Livonijas ordeņa mestrs piešķīra šeit īpašumu Johanam Kaivenam. Kungu māja gāja bojā 1905. gadā, bet pārvaldnieka ēku nopostīja 2. pasaules kara laikā. 1956. g. nodega kalte, bet pirms trijām desmitgadēm - muižas krogs. Līdz mūsdienām palikusi tikai 1861. gadā celtā magazīna (sarkana ķieģeļu ēka) pakalnā un tai blakus esošais parks, kurā izveidots neliels skulptūru dārzs, estrāde un atpūtas vieta. |
||
Saimniecībā, kura atrodas pašā Sēlijas novada centrā, aug un zied vairāk nekā 400 dažādu rožu šķirnes, kā arī siltumnīcās tiek audzēti dažādi dārzeņu un puķu stādi. Iegādei tiek piedāvāti dažādi viengadīgie augi, vairāki simti rožu stādi un ēdamaugu stādi siltumnīcai un dārzam. |
||
This restricted area was established to protect a high-type swamp, a swampy forest and a series of rare birds. The Niedrāji-Pilka swamp can be crossed with dry feet while enjoying almost virginal nature. This is possible on the narrow-gauge railroad embankment which runs through the swamp for three to four kilometres from the North-east to the South-west, or on the well-appointed circular wood pathway which is on the eastern size of the embankment.
|
||
This is one of the greatest waterfalls in the Baltic States – 8 m high and up to 70 m wide. It is most impressive in the spring and after strong rains. The waterfall and its ~300 m canyon emerged from the limestone of the Ordovician Period. You may spot some fossils there. When the water is low, courageous people try to ford the river both above and below the waterfall. The limestone and the falling water have established a unique “tunnel” there.
|
||
The zenith missile brigade and its communications headquarters were used for the provision, planning and co-ordination of radio communications. The object is all but abandoned, but it is owned by the Latvian Repatriation Centre and the Christian Mission.
|
||
The former air defence missile base took up a large territory to the South of Pāvilosta in its day, but today that land has been abandoned and degraded. It can be dangerous for visitors.
|
||
The first Dnyestr-M radar station was opened here in 1969 to calculate the trajectories of ballistic missiles. The trajectories of satellites were also calculated here. The range of the radar station was 5,000 km. In 1972, construction began on a second, more modern radar, the Dnyepr-M. In 1977, it was ready for use, and the first radar was modernised at the same time. The two radars were located in buildings that were 250 m long and 17 m high. During a 24/hour period, they could identify the height, speed and flight trajectory of up to 750 space objects. In 1985, work began on a third, even more modern radar – the Daryal-YM. This was a radar that could “peek” across the horizon. The antenna building was 117 m high (19 stories), 80 m long and 80 m wide. It had a planned range of 6,000 km, but it was not completed. After the withdrawal of the Russian army in 1995, the building was blown up. That cost LVL 6,172,311 and used up 360 kg of explosives. The territory of the radar stations took up 1,072 hectares, with barracks, a hotel, 551 apartments, a medical facility, a water tower, a war hospital, a bomb shelter, etc. The aim of the facility was to monitor space above Western Europe and North America, as well as to “intercept” any ballistic missiles that were fired at the USSR. The territory is closed to visitors, but it is an important part of Latvia’s military heritage. The abandoned territory can be viewed from the outside. The nearby bus stop is called “Kombināts.” This was the only facility of its kind in the Baltic States. !!! Since March 2018 the Skrunda army base is closed for visitors. |
||
Nature restricted area is located to the South from former railroad Ventspils-Liepaja and includes approximately 6 km of Uzava River (and the old drainage system). The territory was used for agriculture during Soviet time, now it starts overgrow by scrubs. The protected nature values – rare bird species, including corncrakes, variety of grassland habitats and plant species. Territory is not useable for tourism activities. There is a possibility to get good insight into the North part of restricted area from the road Alsunga – Berzkalns where information stand is located.
|
||
The castle diner is situated next to Koknese castle ruins. Either before or after boating, Nordic walking, visiting the castle ruins, enjoy tasty coffee, baked buns, snacks, french fries, grilled sausages, ice-cream or buy a soft drink to go with your sandwiches and to drink while sitting in the courtyard of the ancient castle and watching an amazing view of Perse and Daugava crossing. Upon special request we can also cook our very tasty Firesoup. |
||
The River Pēterupe (46 km long) in its lower reaches flows by the sea, and it is one of the longest parts of the river along the picturesque coastline. In the past the River Pēterupe had several names: Pērļupe, Tarupe, Tara (in Livonian: the River of God or the Holy River). The historic area of Saulkrasti – Pēterupe Village was located on the right bank of the River Pēterupe. |
||
The Akmeņupīte river starts in the highlands and ends at the Daugava, and it is a rapid river only during the spring or after lots of rain. Otherwise it is a shallow little river with a rocky bottom. On the shores of the river is a nice path with several places to relax or to build a campfire (firewood is available). Water from the local streams is potable.
|
||
Operdziedātāja Jāņa Zābera muzejs "Vecais ceplis" atklāts 1973. gada 11. augustā - dziedātāja dzimšanas dienā - viņa dzimtajās mājās. Muzejā apskatāmas fotogrāfijas no viņa dzīves gājuma, afišas un operu tērpi. Tāpat pieejami dziesmu un operu āriju ieraksti mākslinieka izpildījumā. Muzeju pārzina Jāņa Zābera brāļa meita ar ģimeni. To ir iespējams apmeklēt, iepriekš saskaņojot laikus.
|
||
The Peppermint Hut offers various teas, cookies, candies, honey with peppermint and peppermint syrups. Periodically, new products area added to the range. Creative workshops are used to produce peppermint soap, plates with images of peppermint, decorative candles and many other things. The owner of the house also uses peppermint to produce powders and facial tonics. |
||
Naukšēni Winery is an organic farm producing cider from Paradise apples. Our Story Apples Ciders For Visitors Where to Buy |