No Name Description
N/A

Das Museum vom Zentrum Europas. Gegründet vom litauischen Bildhauer Gintaras Karosas. Mehr als 100 von Künstlern aus den 33 Ländern errichtete Installationen sind unter freiem Himmel ausgestellt.

N/A

The restaurant-cafe Moka is situated in Estonia, in the city of Tartu, not far from Tartu university and offers a wide variety of foods.

N/A
N/A
Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church of Nautrēni (Rogovka). The construction works of the brick church lasted from 1901 till 1914. It is an example of Romantesque style. The organ was bought in 1939; it is a national cultural monument.
N/A

Der dritgrößte Feldstein im Baltikum (584 m3, 7 m hoch, Durchmesser bei dem Grund – 32 m ). Auf estnisch bedeutet „Hausstein”. Befindet sich am Rande des Pikanõmme – Majakivi Pfades (4,5 km lang).

N/A

The farm offers visitors an excursion around the garden and wine cellars; it is possible to try wine, as well as buy wine, candy and marmalade.

N/A

The Burbišķe Estate houses the Daugivene Culture and History Museum.  The 28 ha territory is environmentally protected.  The central part of the park has a pond that covers 3 ha and has 15 islands and 11 bridges, both large and small.  Since 2000, the estate has hosted a tulip festival with some 300 types of tulips.

N/A

Brāļu kapos apbedīti aptuveni 2000 karavīru. Pirmos kritušos strēlniekus — Andreju Stūri, Jēkabu Voldemāru Timmu un Jāni Gavenasu — apbedīja 1915. gada 15. oktobrī. Sākot ar 1915. gadu, kapos sāka apbedīt Pirmā pasaules kara kaujās kritušos strēlniekus, vēlāk Februāra revolūcijas laikā nošautos kareivjus. Stučkas valdības laikā 1919. gada pavasarī šeit apbedīja Brīvības cīņās pret vācu vienībām un Dienvidlatvijas brigādi kritušos latviešu strēlniekus. Pirmās Latvijas brīvvalsts laikā Brāļu kapos apbedīja ap 800 Latvijas armijas kareivjus un virsniekus. 1941.—1942. gadā Brāļu kapos apbedīja 15 nacionālos partizānus, kā arī pārapbedīja komunistiskā režīma terora upurus. Līdz 1944. rudenim šeit apbedīja arī vairākus desmitus bijušās Latvijas armijas virsnieku un karavīru, kuri bija dienējuši Latviešu policijas bataljonos un Latviešu leģionā.

Abās pusēs ieejas vārtiem (augstums 10 metri, platums 32 metri) divas jātnieku skulptūru grupas (augstums 3,3 metri). Liepu gatve (205 metri) savieno vārtus ar galveno terasi, kuras centrā novietots 1 metru augsts mūžīgās uguns altāris, bet abās pusēs ozolu birzis. No terases abpusējas kāpnes ved uz regulāri veidotu kapulauku. Tā malās atrodas divas "Mirstošo jātnieku" skulpturālās grupas (augstums 3,6 metri), vidus daļā atrodas augstcilnis "Kritušie brāļi". Pret katru kapa vietu novietota smilšakmens vai plienakmens plāksnīte ar kritušā uzvārdu un vārdu vai uzrakstu "Nezināms". Ansambli noslēdz 6 metrus augsta siena ar Latvijas apriņķu un pilsētu vēsturiskajiem ģerboņiem. Pie sienas atrodas četri senlatviešu karavīru tēli, kas simbolizē Latvijas novadus - Kurzemi, Zemgali, Vidzemi un Latgali, bet tās centrā uz 9 metrus augsta sienas masīva paceļas monumentāla figūra "Māte Latvija", kas noliekusi vainagu pār kritušajiem dēliem. Brāļu kapu memoriālais ansamblis ir izcirsts no Allažu šūnakmens, izmantots arī Itālijas travertīns un smilšakmens.

Pirmmetu izstrādāja tēlnieks Kārlis Zāle, arhitekts Aleksandrs Birzenieks, Pēteris Feders un Andrejs Zeidaks.

N/A

The garden is located on the very bank of the River Gauja, near the Valmiera Castle ruins. A story about the use of plants in preparing meals. Bread, gingerbread baking, cheese making programmes.

N/A

Atrodas Lielvārdes parkā pie Rumbiņas ietekas Daugavā. Līdzīgi kā citur, arī šeit 13. gs. pirmajā pusē bīskapa pili cēla nodedzinātās lībiešu koka pils vietā. Mūra pili nopostīja Livonijas kara laikā - 1577. g. Tikai 1987. g. notika drupu konservācija. Lielvārdes parka veidošanu uzsāka 19. gs. beigās Lielvārdes muižas barona Artura fon Vulfa vadībā. Sagaidot eposa „Lāčplēsis” simtgadi tajā izvietoja sešpadsmit no ozolkoka veidotas skulptūras (t.s. Skulptūru dārzs) (autori V. Ansavs, P. Mellis, Ē. Delpers, A. Dauvarte). Aiz pilsdrupām Daugavas krastā ir stāva krauja ar dolomīta iežuatsegumu. Līdz HES ūdenskrātuvei var nokļūt pa kāpnēm. Lielvārdes muižas pils līdz mūsdienām nav saglabājusies.

N/A

Metsavenna Farm organises forest brethren (or brothers) expeditions for visitors to search out forest brothers in their hideouts, visit an underground bunker, hear true stories of life after WWII, have a taste of home-brew and sing old songs along with the master. The more adventurous can stay a night in the bunker, while in winter a sledding hill is opened for snowy downhill rides.
Who were forest brothers? Thousands of men escaped from the repressions of new regimes into forests during and after World War II, they built underground bunkers for year-round dwelling. Soviet authorities ruthlessly hunted them down and most of the people hiding in forests were either killed or imprisoned and deported to Siberia.

N/A

Temple Hill is steep (with artificially created steepness) and about 30 m high, and it is opposite Marijas Island.  It is an ancient Lettigalian castle hill, 80 m long and 40 m wide, with several artificial ramparts.  One of the oldest objects found in the region is an axe from the 2nd to 3rd millennium BC.   Archaeologists believe that the island was populated at that time.  There was a Lettigalian castle on the hill during the 10th and 11th century, but it was sacked by the Holy Crusade.  The surface of the castle hill was transformed comparatively recently in 1807, when a granite rotunda was built there in honour of Russian Field Marshall Sheremetev and Swedish captain Wulff.  The view of Lake Alūksne and the town is one of the most beautiful ones in all Vidzeme.  The Sun Bridge (1937) is also worth a look.  A wooden viewing platform is nearby.

N/A
This is the grave of the parents of Captain A. Bertholds with an unusual grave monument.
N/A

The Talsi Dairy was established in 1922 after merging several other dairies.  The Talsi Dairy company was established later on these foundations.  One of the best known products is “Talsu Ritulis” cheese.  Products such as milk, kefir, cottage cheese, butter, cheese, etc., can be purchased at the “Piena sēta” store that is alongside the company.

N/A

The saloon is in the 250-year-old servants’ home of the Rundāle Castle, with a brick floor, pot-bellied stoves, a smokestack and other historical objects. Meals are served on antique dishes, and hot beverages are served in cups from the Kuzņecovs Factory.

Latvian cuisine: Roast ham with eggs, potatoes with mushroom sauce, roast goose, crabs boiled with dill, pancakes with honey, bread soup with whipped cream, stacked bread, country teas, apple pie.

Special foods: Pork shish kebab with oven-roasted potatoes.

N/A
At a lovely place in the Gauja National Park in the Vaidava Parish, guests can examine ancient tools, mechanisms and household objects. Guides will talk about how these various items were used. There is a guesthouse for overnight accommodations, and there is room for tents and picnics.
N/A

2015. gadā uzceltais skatu tornis atrodas dabas parkā „Daugavas loki”, Daugavas ielejas kreisajā krastā – Daugavpils novada Vescalienas pagastā. No torņa aplūkojama izcilā Daugavas loku ainava.

N/A

Located at Daugavas Street 58 in Skrīveri, this was the first home of the Andrejs Upītis (1877-1970).  It was built in 1908, but the one that is there now was built on the foundations of the first one in 1921.  The building houses a museum which features the life and work of the writer, including the writing his great novel “The Green Earth.”  There is a garden around the building.  In 1952, Upītis gifted the house and garden to the state.  The museum offers tours and educational programmes.

N/A

К северо-востоку от Мазирбской лютеранской церкви – в полемежду храмом и домом «Пакални» видны два чумных камня. На поверхности бóльшего был высечен (сейчас стерся) текст о ливах, которых одолел король Швеции Карл IX и чума. Сбоку на большой камень опирается второй (самый маленький) чумной камень, который в свое время был установлен у близлежащих домов. Стертый текст рассказывал об армиях, ходивших по Курземе, о голоде и чуме. ТретийБольшой чумной камень находится заМазирбским имением священника. Высеченный на нем текст (еще немного просматривается) повествует будущим поколениям о местном священнике (умер во время чумы) и о создании пастората в Сикрагсе. Одновременно камень является памятником шести пасторам обширной окрестной общины. Все три камня повествуют о Большой эпидемии чумы 1710 года, и тексты высечены на них в период с 1711 по 1734 год.

N/A

Viens no jaunākajiem Latvijā celtajiem mūra tiltiem. Tā akmens margas ir barona Karla fon Manteifeļa dāvinājums (celts 1907. gadā) Aizputei. Tilta ziemeļu puses margās ir iemūrēta granīta plāksne ar Manteifeļu dzimtas ģerboni, kas ir vāji izšķirams.