No | Name | Description |
---|---|---|
Kadarbiku estate is located in Harju, in the municipality Saue, in the village Tula (Tuula). Agriculture started to work here in 1989, while the family company Kadarbiku Köögivili OÜ was established in 2004. Kadarbik farms specializes in growing and processing vegetables. The farm uses 500 hectares of land, which grows carrots, cabbage, beets and various summer crops. They also make juices and smoothies. |
||
Established in 1990, this museum features an orchard that was planed in 1935 and relates to the poetess Brone Buivydaite. |
||
One of the most popular places on Latvian seashore to buy smoked fish or fish cooked in some other way. The fish is being smoked by local undertakers so quite often it is possible to feel a nice fish smell in tte village! |
||
Meklējams Virgas centrā. Asprātīgā piemiņas zīme (tēlnieks R. Gabaliņš, mākslinieks R. Kalniņš) – zābaks ar diviem pretēji vērstiem lielgabaliem un lodēm vēsta par Ziemeļu kara laika notikumiem, kad 1701. g. Virgā bija izveidota zviedru karaspēka nometne. Stāsta, ka karalis Kārlis XII savu zābaku pazaudējis citā reizē un vietā - Spilves kaujā pie Rīgas. |
||
The "Magdalena" café is in the centre of Saldus. Latvian cuisine: Sauerkraut, dumpling, beet, sorrel and cold kefir soup, potato pancakes, crepes, sautéed pork ribs, homemade steak haché, farmers’ treats, oatmeal cream, stacked oatmeal or rye bread. |
||
Trušu audzēšanas saimniecība "Trušu muiža" savā allaž tapšanas procesā esošajā garaušu muižas kompleksā piedāvā aplūkot 15 – 20 dažādu šķirņu trušus no visas pasaules, kā arī iegūt bildi ar trusi. Lieliska iespēja ciemoties trušu "Harmonijas un miera sētā", tos samīļot, pabarot. "Trušu muiža" iegūst aizvien jaunus kaimiņus un pilnveidojas. Iespēja iegādāties "Trušu muižas" greznumlietas. Vaislas truši un mīļdzīvnieki. Vasaras sezonā (jūnijs - augusts) gaidīs ciemos no otrdienas līdz svētdienai (11:00 – 18:00). Lielākas grupas, iepriekš vienojoties, uzņem arī citā laikā. |
||
The company produces butter, cream, cottage cheese, cottage cheese products, yoghurt and desserts, using high-quality milk that comes from more than 100 local farms and three co-operatives. Technological processes are observed and improved during the manufacturing process so that the product retains its value in terms of taste and nutrition. Tourists are welcome, and tastings are available. This is one of five companies in Latvia that can produce “Summer Solstice” cheese as an EU guaranteed traditional product. The company’s products also have the “Green Teaspoon” quality mark. |
||
This section of the Baltic Coastal Hiking Route is a comparatively short hike across a beautiful sandy beach, the coastal side of which is bounded by brightly colored pine forests with spectacular dunes and dams of dunes. To get from the beach to Carnikava, the Baltic Coastal Hiking Route will take you through a forest via a promenade. Then it takes a stroll around the Old Gauja River via a levee and reaches the pedestrian bridge over the Gauja River. Both as you start and end the hike, it is nice to sit in one of the pubs and summer cafés located on Vecāķi beach and in Carnikava. |
||
The loveliest views of the local cultural and historical treasures (the Āraiši lake castle, the Lutheran church, the parsonage, Medieval castle ruins – all of these cultural monuments). The hillocks of the area which offers this view can be found in the immediate proximity of the Āraiši windmill and the Drabeši-Āraiši road.
|
||
These are beautiful and impressive views, particularly early in the morning, of the historical locations of Alūksne. Go to Templis Hill, the Aleksandrs Pavilion, the obelisk which commemorates Heinrich von Fittinghoff, and the memorial to soldiers of the No. 7 Sigulda Brigade for good views. The Templis Hill, the castle ruins, the estate and the pavilions are arhitectural monuments.
|
||
Veisieji reģionālais parks (Veisiejų regioninis parkas) veidots (1992.g.) Sudavas augstienes (Sūduvos aukštuma) ainavu, bioloģiskās daudzveidības un kultūras pieminekļu aizsardzībai. Viena no parka bagātībām ir ezeri, kuru iegarenās formas liecina par ledāja darbības rezultātu. Pēdējā apledojuma laikā šeit atradusies ledāja mala. Ezerus (kopā – 37) ieskauj lielāki meža masīvi uz kontinentālām (iekšzemes) kāpām, kas piemēroti atpūtai dabā, dabas vērošanai, ogošanai un sēņošanai. Parkā ir iekārtotas peldvietas, kur patīkami gremdēties vasaras tveicē, izveidotas dabas takas, bet mazās upītes, kas savieno ezerus, ir piemērotas braucieniem ar kanoe laivām. Veisieji reģionālā parka teritorijā ir liela augu un dzīvnieku daudzveidība. Šeit tiek aizsargātas arī tādas retas sugas kā Eiropas kokuvarde Hyla arborea (parka simbols), purva bruņurupucis Emys orbicularis, dažādas orhideju sugas u.c. |
||
This park was set up to protect the landscape and cultural environment of the Haanja highland. At the central part of the park are the two highest hills in the Baltic States – Suur Munamägi, which stands 318 m above sea level, and Vällamägi, which is 304 m above sea level. The ancient Rõuge River valley (Rõuge ürgorg) is found in the western part of the park. It is 7.5 km long and up to 60 m deep. The valley dates back to the Ice Age, and it has seven lakes, including the deepest one (38 m) in Estonia – Lake Rõuge Suurjärv.
|
||
This 1939 monument was designed by Kārlis Zemdega and is dedicated to Agriculture Minister Arturs Alberings from the first period of Latvian independence. The monument shows a young man with a grain basket. The monument disappeared during the Soviet occupation, and a gypsum statue of a Pioneer was installed instead. In 1977, children found some parts of the old sculpture buried in the ground, and 10 years later someone found the head of the monument. After a restoration, the Sower sculpture is now in its historical location – in the Terneja Park alongside Rīgas Street. |
||
The Western breakwater was finished in 1885 and stretches 860 metres into the sea. Together with the Eastern breakwater it regulates the flow of water from the Daugava River into the sea, also reducing silt levels in the river. The structure of the breakwater is based on piles that are strengthened with rocks. The breakwater has been reconstructed and strengthened several times. During the 19th century, it held a prison for offenders. Approximately ½ of the breakwater has been restored with cement, but the rest of it is in fairly sad shape. Polish King Stefan Báthory ordered the construction of a lighthouse alongside the Daugava in 1528, and the first map to show a lighthouse was produced in 1536. A 1721 list of lighthouses in the Russian Empire notes a pile of rocks at the location upon which a fire was lit. Later there were wooden and stone towers that were destroyed during wars. The current Daugavgrīva lighthouse was built in 1957 and is 35 m high. Its light can be seen at a distance of 18 nautical miles. |
||
The cafe is situated in the southern part of Vecpiebalga. The interior decorations are made of oak and boast Latvian symbols, as well as stained glass. Working hours: Monday- Thu 8:00 - 22:00, Fri, Sat 8:00 - 01:00, Sun. 8:00 - 22:00 |
||
The saloon is on the corner of two historic roads – the Rīga-St Petersburg road and the Cēsis-Vecpiebalga-Madona road. It uses ingredients from local farms and vendors. Latvian cuisine: Grey peas with bacon, dumpling, beet or wild mushroom soup, bean salad, herring with boiled potatoes and cream, farmer’s ramekin, roast pork, potato pancakes, crepes, bread soup, strawberry dessert, homemade ice cream. |
||
The former military zone in this location is not in use at this time, and there is no specific information about what it was used for in the past. The territory is privately owned and is not open to visitors.
|
||
The bakery offers baked goods made of natural ingredients. It also offers salads, pizzas, cakes, ice cream and other treats. |
||
The Baisogalo Estate is one of the oldest ones in Lithuania and is known as a royal castle because it once belonged to the local lord. The ornate late-Classicism buildings were built in the mid-19th century and have survived. The 12 ha landscape park dates back to the early part of the 19th century, with an alley of chestnut trees leading to the estate from the local village. The central alley that starts at the gate weaves through two curvy bodies of water with a bridge and statues of lions. Various trees behind the estate are alongside curvy and narrow pathways. On both sides of the alleys are bodies of water, and deep in the park is a pond with an island. |
||
Atrodas t.s. Baznīcu kalnā - A. Pumpura ielā 11 a. Varenais neobaroka stilā celtais dievnamu tapis 1905. g. Pastāv viedoklis, ka par šīs baznīcas prototipu izmantotas Aglonas vai Krāslavas bazilikas, kā arī Rietumeiropas baznīcu paraugi. Tās interjeru rotā divstāvīgs altāris, kurā novietota spāņu gleznotāja B. E. Muriljo pazīstamās gleznas “Svētā Dievmāte” kopija. 1909. g. baznīcā uzstādīja poļu meistara Ādolfa Hofmana būvētās ērģeles.No būvniecības laika saglabājusies arī pārējā baznīcas iekārta. |