No Name Description
N/A

This is an open territory which is 3.5 km long and 2 km wide.  It is located on the left bank of the Lielupe River between the village of Pavasari and the Odiņi homestead.  The polder was established during the Soviet era to obtain farmland, and back then it was used very intensively.  Today, it is slowly becoming overgrown, and despite this, this is one of the most important locations in Europe for corn-crakes.  A gravel road crosses the polder from the North to the South, and this is an excellent place to hear the songs of the corn-crake.

N/A

This chapel is interesting in form and made of field stones.  It was built in the 19th century and is not open to the public.

N/A
8 days

Saaremaa and Hiumaa are the two largest ones amongst 1500 other Estonian islands. In fact Saaremaa is the common name for Muhu and Saaremaa islands which are connected by the causeway like Hiumaa and Kassari islands. 
Kuressare is a capital of Saaremaa and that's from where this route starts. There is impressive medieval Bishop's Castle, many spas, pleasant cafés, galleries and market in the town. From Kuressare the route goes to sparsely populates Sõrve peninsula. Then going towards Kihelkonna you pass Viidumäe Nature Reserve and reach Vilsandi National Park which encompasses Vilsandi and 150 other off-shore islets. Its headquarters is at Loona Manor. 
Small fishermen villages, picturesque juniper growth, windmills are typical for the Saaremaa landscape. 
From Triigi there is a ferry to Hiumaa island which is much wilder than Saaremaa. There are peninsulas to all direction stretching in the sea. The route goes to Kõpu peninsula where is the most remarkable and the third oldest lighthouse in Europe located.  Kärdla is the main town of the island once renowned for its textiles factory which now houses museum. Kassari island is a retreat from several Estonian artists who has summer houses there. Kassari Church is unusual for its thatched roof. 
Arriving back to Saaremaa explore Meteorite Lake at Kaali and the earliest stone church in Estonia – Valjala Church. Return to Kuressare. 

N/A

0,2 km austrumos no Vidsmuižas atrodas no šķeltajiem laukakmeņiem un sarkanajiem ķieģeļiem celtā (1910. - 1912. g.) Vidsmuižas katoļu baznīca. Tāpat kā Riebiņos esošā, arī šī ir uzskatāma par tipisku 19. – 20. gs. mijas Latgales lauku baznīcas paraugu.

N/A

The restaurant is in the Promenade Hotel, which was established at historical port docks in Liepāja. It works with local farmers and fishermen and offers live music on weekends.

Latvian cuisine: Mutton soup, baked plaice or catfish filet, cod prepared according to traditional fishermen’s recipes, crepes.

Special foods: Freshly caught fish with grilled vegetables.

N/A
One of few places in Latvia (around 1 km to the North from Lapmezciems) where used to be beautiful juniper meadows. Since no agriculture activity (grass cutting, cattle grazing) has been implemented in the area, juniper meadows are overgrowing and disappearing. To save the area sustainable management is needed. Slitere National Park with Blue Mountain cliff and Slitere lighthouse is located in short distance from Kadiku nora (Juniper meadow).
N/A
This is one of the loveliest waterfalls in Estonia – up to 6 m in height and 50 m in width. Recommended: The rapid Keila River has carved a cliffy canyon behind the waterfall, with a flow of water that falls down a major distance. It’s worth hiking through the Keila park to the shore of the Bay of Finland (~1 km), then returning along the other bank of the river.
N/A

Since the 1970s, these ruins have been on a small (100 m long) island that is part of the reservoir of the Rīga hydroelectric power plant.  The island is named after St Meinhard and the ruins are part of the oldest stone building in Latvia.  Work on the church began in 1184, but it was rebuilt and sacked several times, most recently in 1916.  The ruins have been conserved and are protected by a metal cover.  The shores of the island have been strengthened.  The 10 metre metal cross on the island was designed by E. Samovičs, while the stone altar was sculpted by J. Karlobs.

N/A

The café is in the Oga shopping centre, offering cheeses that are the “business card” of the city.
Latvian cuisine: Preiļi cottage cheese pierogi, Preiļi cheese soup, cheesecake.

N/A

Farm Maizes māja near Cēsis, where you can gain joy, strength and vitality! This tourism farm offers cognitive and educational programmes for adults and children, introducing them to the traditional Latvian lifestyle and intangible cultural heritage. At Maizes Māja, groups of students, families, friends, and tourists become members of the family and have a lot of work to do, for example, bringing firewood and firing the oven, before baking rye bread or sweet and sour bread from Kaupo rye flour in a proper bread oven. When the work is done, a nice meal is enjoyed together.

N/A

The museum was established in 1973 and has been in the Kalna Ziedi homestead since 1989.  The permanent exhibition is in a building that was erected in 1989 on the foundations of the former home, while the warehouse (1990) was built on the foundations of a cattle shed.  The exhibition hall (2000) was built where a granary once stood.  The only part of the former farm that remains in place is the cellar, but the placement of the buildings is typical for the layout of a farm in Vidzeme.  The collection of the museum speaks to the history of the administrative district, beginning with information about the Stone Age.  The open-air exhibition features beehives with marks of belonging, as well as rare round crosses that are monuments to Medieval cemeteries.  100 metres to the Northeast from the museum is the Kalna Ziedi castle hill, while 200 metres to the south are the remains of a sacrificial oak stump that was destroyed in 1994.  The location is on the edge of the reservoir of the Pļaviņas hydroelectric power plant and offers a broad view of the plant’s dam and the town of Pļaviņas.

 

N/A
Iespaidīga smilšakmens atsegumu virkne, kas izveidojās pēc 2005. g. orkāna.
N/A

Kīdevas muiža rakstos ir minēta 1614. g., taču pašreiz redzamā divstāvu kungu māja, ir celta 19. gs. beigās. Ēkas sienas ir klātas ar koka šķindeļiem, kas viens otru pārklāj kā zivs zvīņas. Šāds kungu mājas sienu pārklājums Igaunijas mērogā ir unikāls. Laikā no 1919. – 1951. g. tajā atradās skola. Blakus muižai atrodas neliels parks. Diemžēl turpat pusgadsimtu ilgās pamestības rezultātā ēkas atrodas ļoti kritiskā stāvoklī. Tas ir arī pietiekams apmeklējuma iemesls.

N/A

Biedrība ikvienam interesentam piedāvā praktiskas nodarbības ar taustāmiem rezultātiem - darbošanos ar savām rokām īstā darbnīcas vidē - koka amatniecība, rokdarbi, sveču liešana. Darbošanās patstāvīgi ar iespējamu palīdzību visos līmeņos, ko sniedz pieredzējuši meistari. Iepriekšējas iemaņas nav nepieciešamas. 

N/A

Esko Farm is a family business which focuses on making dairy products from their own lifestock. Farm's products include yogurt ice creams, cheeses, yogurts and so on. It's possible to take a tour around the farm, get to know the animals as well as have degustation of the farm's products.

N/A

This is an ancient and important place for trade and craftsmanship on the left shore of the Rīga hydroelectric power plant reservoir.  It rises some 15 m above the Daugava River.  The Zemgale port that is described in historical documents is thought to have been located alongside the castle hill and at the mouth of the little Varžupīte stream.  Antiquities that have been dug up here suggest that the castle hill and its adjoining ancient settlement were populated until the late 12th century, when the importance of Daugmale began to shrink because of rapidly growing Rīga.  The foundations of the castle hill have been shored up.

N/A

33,5 m augstais tornis tikai nedaudz paceļas virs priežu galotnēm. Tas meklējams Dzintaru mežaparkā, kas ir ģimenēm ar bērniem draudzīga vieta. No torņa redzami Jūrmalas meži, augstākās ēkas (sanatorijas, viesnīcas) un Rīgas jūras līča ūdeņi.

N/A
The recently renovated viewing tower offers a wonderful view of the impressive and forested ancient Gauja River valley. The Gūdu cliffs are visible. This is part of the Līgatne nature trails territory, where there are wide paddocks of wild animals.
N/A

To the North-west from the Pitrags Baptist church (in the direction of the sea) is a fishing and farming homestead, Kurgati, which was established in the 1930s.  This brought new building elements to the Liv Shore – a split roof end which was not typical of buildings in Liv villages.

N/A

Ātrās apkalpošanas kafejnīcas ar plašu ēdienu sortimentu visas dienas garumā. Sortimentā iekļauti latviešu nacionālie ēdieni, kā arī citu tautu ēdieni. Izbraukuma banketi, dažādu viesību mielasti, semināru apkalpošana, sporta spēļu un sporta nometņu ēdināšana.