No Name Description
N/A
The Smārde saloon has a very long history, and food is served here. There is a car park, and approx. 100 m to the East is a cemetery and monument to commemorate soldiers who fell during World War II.
N/A

Lai nokļūtu līdz šim tornim, ir jāveic apmēram 20 – 30 min ilgs pārgājiens pa dabas taku no Penijē muižas gar Penijegi (Penijõgi) kreiso krastu. Te redzami bebru darbi un to celtās zaru mājas. No torņa paveras skats uz Kazari deltu, kas dabā izpaužas kā monolīts un nepārskatāms niedrājs. To vairākās daļās sadala Kazari un mazāka izmēra upītes. Katrai deltas daļai ir savs vēsturiskais nosaukums: no torņa pa kreisi no Penijegi redzama Lihula meri (Lihulas „jūra”), bet tās labajā pusē - Kloostri meri (Klostri „jūra”). Putnu vērotāji var iziet garāku (7 km) dabas takas loku, kas ved pa palieņu pļavām. Jārēķinās, ka pavasaros būs nepieciešami piemēroti apavi! Pļavas ierobežotās platībās apsaimnieko mājdzīvnieki, tādēļ neaizmirstiet aizvērt vārtiņus aiz sevis un netraucējiet to ikdienas gaitas! No maršruta nav atļauts novirzīties, lai netraucētu putnus.

N/A
The Markova information trail is the most diverse and impressive trails along the upper reaches of the Daugava river in terms of objects and landscapes. The visitor will go to the top of the Markova castle hill, which offers a great view of the river valley. The deep Putāni stream valley will be crossed to get to the cliffs on the right bank of the Daugava. Here, the visitor will see one of the most unusual landscapes of Latvia’s river valleys. There is the Slutišķi village of Old Believers, along with the mighty Slutišķi cliff in the background. The trail is 1.6km long, and it will take an hour or two, particularly if the visitor chooses to tour the village and the homes of the Old Believers.
N/A

The square structure with walls that are nearly two metres thick became known as the Gunpowder Tower during the rule of Duke Jacob, because that is what was stored here.  There might have been a well here, because groundwater is close to the surface.  The tower and the castle were linked by a 12-metre bridge on one pillar.  The tower is only visible from the outside.

N/A

During the latter half of the 19th century, one of the largest ship building facilities was located here between the Dzeņi and Lielkalni homesteads.  It was known as the Ķirbiži and then the Vitrupe shipyard, though nothing remains of it.  28 ships were built here between the 1860s and 1929.

N/A

In 1685, a military leader from Krakow, Belinsky, paid for the construction of a wooden church in the current location.  It was restored in 1749 and lasted until 1887, when it burned down during a storm.  A church with two steeples was designed in the Gothic style, and construction of it began one year later.  The church was consecrated in 1904 and is one of the most impressive churches in Latvia.  Attention should be paid to stained glass windows that feature images of St Meinhard and Albert.  Alongside the church is the centre of the Rēzekne-Aglona diocese, which is the seat of the local bishop.

N/A

The granary and cheese-making building of the former Seiksāte (Berghof) Estate houses a museum that was opened in 1985 and demonstrates the route of milk from the cow to finished dairy products.  You can try your hand at milking a cow and churning butter, and then you can taste what you have made.

N/A

"Karpyne" has an excellent restaurant which offers both various fish dishes as well as other foods. Here there's a lot to do inside and outside, for example, inside is bowling alley, swimming pool, gym and outside - outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court, there's a possibility to fish too. Seminars and celebrations can be organised here.

N/A

Sauna Museum is a private open-air museum founded in 2008. It is located 40 km from Riga by the Murjāņi - Saulkrasti road. The exhibition consists of six historic and one newly built sauna. They all work, but the hosts recommend to enjoy the black sauna.

N/A

From the berries and fruits that grow in the wonderful Võrumaa hilly area, farmers make wine, introduce guests to their garden, explain the wine making process, organise tastings and classes.

N/A

This pile of big rocks stands around 9 m high and is some kind of monument to Krišjānis Barons and his achievements on behalf of the Latvian people.  His parents lived at the Valpene Estate, and the rocks contain engraved names of lost homesteads from the region.  Their direction in the pyramid indicates where the homesteads used to be.  The idea for the rocks came from Imants Ziedonis, and the pyramid was built by the sculptor Vilnis Titāns.

N/A

Saimniecība nodarbojas ar kaņepju audzēšanu un produktu izstrādāšanu vecajā Aizputes Pilsmuižas krogā, kas atrodas blakus Aizputes Livonijas ordeņa pilsdrupām.

N/A

The mansion of Uue-Varbla Manor houses the local history museum which presents local life from the early 20th C and history of Varbla municipality. There is a handicraft workshop in the museum, while old tools and machinery are exhibited in the granary. The mansion in early Classicist style from 1797 is an attraction in itself. Traditional handicraft fairs are held in the grounds in July every summer.

N/A

The botanic garden is part of the Siauliai University and is the newest and smallest botanical garden in Lithuania, covering 6.54 ha of land. 

N/A
Forts were built and rebuilt at this location for many centuries by Germans, Swedes and Russians. In 1912, several forts were erected at Mangaļsala and Bolderāja. There were two forts with 254-mm cannons, six with 152-mm cannons, and three with 138-mm cannons. Each fort had two cannons.
N/A

The Nereta Lutheran Church is in the centre of Nereta at Rīgas Street 2. The Baroque church features elements of the late Gothic period, and it is seen as one of the oldest churches in Zemgale. It was built between 1584 and 1893 at the initiative of Count Wilhelm von Effern and rebuilt in 1679. There are gravestone reliefs in the church dedicated to Wilhelm and Georg von Effern which date back to the late 16th century. The gravestone for Georg Effern is the most distinguished artwork in the style of early Nordic Mannerism in Latvia. The altar painting was painted in 1863 by P. Handler. The organ was built by R. Knauff in 1893, and the stained glass windows were produced by E. Baiermann in 1900. The chandeliers on the ceiling date back to the 17th and 19th centuries. Visitors can view Nereta and its surroundings from the unique eight-corner tower of the church, which is 38.6 m high.

N/A

This is one of the few places in the world where lamprey eels are caught at the industrial level and with a fishing method that has been used for the past 150 years – a weir that stretches across the river and has creels along it. There are three weirs in all on the Salaca River. A local fisherman will teach you about the process and allow you to taste and purchase roast lampreys.

N/A

Atrodas pilsētas centrā, Atbrīvošanas alejā 98. Dievnamu sāka celt 1840. g. (iesvētīja 1846. g.) un tas uzskatāms par pilsētas vecāko sakrālo būvi. Nekvalitatīvu būvniecības materiālu izmantošana un cēlāju pieredzes trūkums bija iemesls, kādēļ 1854. g. to nācās pārbūvēt. Pie baznīcas atrodas 1867. g. būvēta Sv. A. Ņevska kapliča, kas veltīta cara Aleksandra II paglābšanās faktam vilciena katastrofā un stikla mauzolejs, kurā apbedīts baznīcas mecenāts ģenerālis Karaulovs (šobrīd tiek restaurēts). Dievnams ir atvērts arī apmeklētājiem.

N/A

In Otepää wurde am 4. Juni 1884 die estnische Fahne geweiht. Im Pastorat ist ein Zimmer der estnischen Fahne eingerichtet.

N/A
Līčiem, pussalām un salām bagāts ezers ar izrobotu krasta līniju, kas savienots ar Zvejnieku un tālāk - citiem Latgales augstienes ezeriem. Ozolu un platlapju meži, kas aug uz ezera salām un pussalās ir ne tikai aizsargājami, bet arī Latvijas mērogā nozīmīgi biotopi. Tiesa, to vērtību apzināsies tikai vides speciālisti. No Jašas ezera var uzsākt laivu braucienu pa vienu no Latgales ezeru "kēdēm". Ezera austrumu krastā atrodas Geļenovas parks.