No Name Description
N/A

Located on the left bank of the Venta River 100 m to the Northwest of the Liepāja (A9) highway bridge across the river.  The antique castle hill was the site of a Livonian Order that existed from the 14th to the 18th century before being sacked during the Great Northern War.  No part of the castle has survived.  A stage was built on the castle hill in 1987, and it is a popular venue for various events.  The hill is surrounded by a park with wooden chairs that were designed by the sculptor Ģirts Burvis in honour of the kings of Courland.  There is a viewing platform, and there are legends about underground passages and a white lady who appears only once every 100 years.

N/A
The Apakšceļs road – a lonely, forested and ancient road between Košrags and Dūmele, with lots of interesting stories about the old Pitragupe windmill, which never did grind any grain (the foundations are still there), and about the boiler of a wrecked ship which a local baron used to produce tar. This used to be a horse path which crossed the Bažas swamp. The great rock of Dūmele is impressive, indeed.
N/A

Divas mazas apdzīvotas vietas nacionālā parka dienvidrietumu daļā. No kādreiz piecām Kolski ciema saimniecībām līdz mūsdienām ir saglabājusies tikai viena. Kolski iedzīvotājus līdzīgi kā citviet Baltijas valstīs pēc 2. pasaules kara deportēja uz Sibīriju. Kolski apkārtnē redzamie mājdzīvnieki „apsaimnieko” šejienes pļavas, neļaujot tām aizaugt ar mežu. Tādējādi tiek uzturēta apkaimes vēsturiskā ainava. 3 km dienvidrietumos meklējams Kobasāres ciems. Tā nosaukums (koopa no igauņu valodas nozīmē ala, saar – sala) atgādina par Ziemeļu kara notikumiem, kura laikā cilvēki slēpušies pašu raktās alās. Kobasārē un tam blakus esošajā Apjas (Apja) ciemā var izbaudīt patiesi 21. gadsimtam nepierastas lauku ainavas.

N/A

This is a location that is of interest at the Latvian and Baltic level. Fans of Medieval history can learn about the everyday lives of people during the Livonian era, with demonstrations given to anyone who is interested. Visitors to Geidānmuiža can enjoy various opportunities throughout the year. During the winter, there are activities with long-stemmed weapons, sled trips along Lake Āraiši, skating on bone skates, as well as traditional winter games. During the summer, there is javelin throwing, throwing of battle knives and axes, use of slingshots, military running while wearing full armour, basic sword fighting training, horseback riding in partial armour, and testing of a catapult with rocks. A particularly satisfying activity is sampling foods from the Livonian era. Geidānmuiža is found at the Āraiši manse, which is near the Āraiši Lutheran church.

N/A

This is one of comparatively few castle hills along the banks of the Daugava River that is not overgrown with trees and bushes, which means that it has a classical castle hill form that is part of the local landscape.  The Dignāja castle hill was settled during several periods, particularly between the 5th and the 9th century AD, when it was an important centre.  Archaeologists have found that Lettigalian tribes lived here.  After the Holy Crusade invasion, the Livonian Order built a castle on the hill that has not survived.  It is said that there was once an underground passageway under the hill.  The hill itself offers a lovely view of the Daugava River valley.  World War I trenches have been preserved the area.  There was once a settlement at the foot of the hill.

N/A
Eine alte Ortschaft am linken Ufer des Flusses Nemunas. Liškiava-Kirche und Kloster, heiliger Berg und Burgberg mit den Ruinen der am Ende des 14. Jh unter Leitung von Vytautas der Großen gebauten Burg. Ein Kultstein mit einem Kühstapfen.
N/A

Lullemē atrodas blakus parka robežai, bet arī šo vietu ir vērts pieminēt kā vienu no apskates objektiem. Lullemē uzmanību piesaista viena otrai blakus stāvošās baznīcas. Mūsdienās redzamās 15. gs. celtās Sv. Marijas baznīcas drupas ir liecinieks 2. pasaules kara notikumiem, kad 1944. g. baznīcu sagrāva. Jaunā baznīca ir celta 1997. gadā. Ciema rietumdaļā uzstādīts piemineklis, kas veltīts brīvības cīņās (1919. – 1920.) kritušajiem.

N/A

Atrodas Tērvetē, Dobeles – Elejas ceļa malā, 0,2 km dienvidrietumos no Tērvetes pilskalna. Ar mežu apaugušais paugurs ir sena apmetnes vieta, kas bijusi apdzīvota jau 1. g.t. pr. Kr. Teika stāsta, ka kalnā bijis klosteris, kura mūki pēc klusēšanas pārkāpuma saulgriežu laikā kopā ar visu celtni nogrimuši kalna dzīlēs.

N/A

Vijciema čiekurkalte savu darbību uzsāka 1895. g. pēc plašiem apkārtnes meža ugunsgrēkiem. Šobrīd tā ir vecākā Latvijā un viena no vecākajām Eiropas čiekuru kaltēm. Pēc ceturtdaļgadsimta dīkstāves to atjaunoja 1992. g. Vienreizējais kultūrvēstures piemineklis ir saglabāts pilnīgā darba kārtībā. Ēkā atrodas 19. gs. beigās ražotā autentiskā iekārta un aprīkojums. Arī mūsdienās to izmanto čiekuru žāvēšanai. Ekskursijas laikā apmeklētāji var iepazīties pilnu čiekuru (g.k. – priedes) apstrādes ciklu. Ziemā, kad ir īstais čiekuru žāvēšanas laiks, te demonstrē kaltēšanas procesu. Vijciema čiekurkalte ir iekļauta Eiropas kultūras mantojuma objektu sarakstā.

N/A

Находится на ул. Кунгу, д. 24.Одно из старейших зданий города - деревянный сруб с черепичной крышей, построенный во второй половине XVII века и прозванный в народе гостиницей мадам Хойер. Здесь в 1697 году во время путешествия «Великого посольства» в западную Европу останавливался (инкогнито) русский царь Петр I. Находящееся по соседству здание на ул. Кунгу, д. 26, является вторым старейшим жилым зданием Лиепаи (1699 г.) – жилой дом бургомистра города. Во время Северной войны здесь останавливался король Швеции Карл XII. Оба здания подлежат осмотру только снаружи.

N/A
„Upmaļi” is the family house of writer Janis Klīdzējs who has written 8 novels, 11 storybooks, 2 essay books and reflections about Latgalian catholic-Latvian mentality. Janis Streičs (famous Latvian film director) shot a film based on the novel of Janis Klīdzējs called „The Child of a Man”.
N/A

A straight street which runs through Ķemeri in the northwestern-southeastern direction. The street's name is a proof that it is the former historical boundary between the regions of Vidzeme and Kurzeme. Near the intersection of Robežu and Tukuma streets, you can notice the former pharmacy building-the memory of the former resort of the all-union significance. On the walls there has survived the pharmacy-related symbolism.

N/A

Kaltene features several homes where shipbuilders used to live – Caurnāši, which was home to the Bertliņi family, Ilmati, where six ailing ships were built, Maizītes, where the Stahl family of ship builders built 16 two-mast and three-mast ships, and Dambekalni, which was once one of the first canned fish factories on the coastline.  To the side of the sea are the old boat piers of Kaltene.  In 1936, a board pier was built by the Freijs family from Roja.  It was 200 m long and had room for some 50 boats.  All that is left are wooden poles that have been eaten away by the sea and time.  If you want to learn about the specifics, difficulties and challenges of fishermen today, visit Ervīns Vilciņš in Ķirķrags.  He will tell interesting stories on the basis of his experience.  You can watch as he fishes in the morning and then taste the fish that he has caught. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

The Middle Ages and the beginning of the last century cemetery at the church of Mazirbe. It is surrounded by a moss-covered stone fence. There you can find a number of interesting sights-Werewolf's Tomb, Old Taizelis Tomb, Grand Pine, etc..

N/A

No Vilces muižas pa pastaigu taku var aiziet līdz pilskalnam (12 m virs apkārtnes, labiekārtots), kas atrodas Vilces un Rukūzes upīšu satekā. Atradumi liecina, ka cilvēku apmetne šeit ir pastāvējusi jau vidējā dzelzs laikmetā. Pilskalna piekājē atrodas atpūtai labiekārtotā Zaķu pļava. Nostāsti vēsta, ka Vilces grava bijusi laupītāja Kaupēna slēpšanās vieta.

N/A

Cēsu centrālais laukums – Vienības laukums (20.gs.sākumā – Konventa laukums) – atgādina par Cēsu kauju notikumumiem, kuru nozīme un ikviena dalībnieka ieguldījums aprakstīti devīzē uz pieminekļa “No zobena saule lēca”. Cēsu kaujas 1019.gada jūnijā bija svarīgs Latvijas valstiskuma vēstures pagrieziena punkts, kad apvienotais latviešu un igauņu karaspēks sakāva vācu landesvēru, kas apdraudēja Baltijas valstu pastāvēšanu. Vienības laukums turpina būt par nozīmīgu notikumu liecinieku. 1989.gada 23.augustā daudzu cēsnieku ceļi veda uz Vienības laukumu, kuram cauri vijās Baltijas ceļš.

N/A

Near the place where the Kilmiņupe River flows into the sea is the legendary Trommel castle hill, which was a Medieval fortification.  It is some 100 m from the Kraujas homestead.  An archaeological dig in 1977 found fragments of bricks and pot-bellied stoves, which suggests that the fortifications date back to the Middle Ages.  The location also is linked to stories about a pirate, Trommel, who buried his loot here.  The holes in the area have been left behind by treasure hunters.  Trommel supposedly robbed ships in the Bay of Rīga from the shores of Kurzeme to Roņu Island.  Many ships docked here in ancient times, waiting for better winds so that they could pass by Cape Kolka.  The pirate made use of this fact, also pillaging property from sunken ships.  It is said that Trommel lived in a stone castle. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

To the North-west from the Pitrags Baptist church (in the direction of the sea) is a fishing and farming homestead, Kurgati, which was established in the 1930s.  This brought new building elements to the Liv Shore – a split roof end which was not typical of buildings in Liv villages.

N/A

Tiek uzskatīta par vecāko alus darītavu Ziemeļeiropā. Tā tika uzcelta 1878. gadā, un tās pirmais īpašnieks bija grāfs Emanuels fon Zīverss (Sievers), Cēsu pils muižas saimnieks. Savukārt 1922. gadā alus darītavu pārpirka Cēsu uzņēmēji un sāka tur ražot arī vīnu, sulas un minerālūdeni. Uzņēmums "Cēsu alus" šeit alu un atspirdzinošus dzērienus ražoja no 1976. līdz 2001. gadam, bet šobrīd tas ir pārcēlies uz jaunām telpām.  Šobrīd ēkā tiek organizētas dažādas izstādes, kā arī ēku var apskatīt no ārpuses.

N/A

Kassinurme hills were formed during the last Ice Age, and an ancient stronghold and a sacred grove can be found in the hills. At the foot of the stronghold a stage has been built; a swing, tepees, a campfire place and a model of the stronghold are located in the forecourt. Nature, health and antiquities trails are located nearby.