Country Holidays
No Name Description
N/A

The Bīriņi palace was built in 1857-1860 as a family property of Counts von Pistolkors. The palace was designed by Riga architect F. W. Hess. Information can be found that in those times it was the most luxurious and modern historicism building in Vidzeme. The ensemble of the Bīriņi palace includes a wide park and forest of the19th century with plantings of alien species, an artificial lake Bīriņi, a family vault built in 1814 with a tomb monument to Counts von Mellin (aproximately in 1835), a watermill, manager's house, stables, etc. Obelisks to A. And N von Pistolkors are erected near the palace. Until today, there have been preserved valuable indoor decorative finishes of the second half of the 19th century. The Birini palace was rebuilt in the start of the 20th century after the project of Architect R. H. Zirkwitz. From 1926 to 1995, a sanatorium functioned there. Today, the palace complex is used for various events, there is located a hotel, restaurant and museum.

N/A

The Lielstraupe Castle is the only building in Latvia which contains a Medieval castle and a church.  Work on the castle began in 1263.  The building suffered great damage during the 17th and 18th centuries, as well as during the riots of 1905.  The complex was restored in 1909 by the architect Wilhelm Bockslaff.  There are several artistic monuments in the church – the organ loft from the 17th century and the pulpit paintings of the 18th century.  In 1944, two stained glass windows produced by the artist Sigismunds Vidbergs were installed at the church – Golgotha and Birth of Christ.  The tower contains a clock produced by a local clockmaker, and there is a sun dial on the wall of the church.  Visitors to the park of the castle will see the wooden bell tower which dates back to 1744.  A memorial plaque to men who fell during World War I and Latvia's liberation battles was installed in the church in 1938.  A drugs treatment hospital was installed in the castle in 1963.  The church is open during worship services, and the rest of the complex can only be viewed from the outside.

N/A

Meklējama Skaistkalnes dienviddaļā, Mēmeles labajā krastā, Skolas ielā 5. Vietvārds Šēnberga tulkojums no vācu valodas nozīmē „Skaistais kalns”. No sarkanajiem ķieģeļiem celtā divstāvu muižas pils (historisma stils) tapusi ap 1894. g. (arhitekts Pauls Makss Berči). Ēkā ir saglabājušies dekoratīvās apdares elementi un iespaidīgs kamīns (vienīgais tāds Latvijā), uz kura atainota dzimtbūšanas atcelšanu Latvijā. Kamīnzālē atrodas pirms četriem gadiem atjaunotais griestu plafons. Muižas pilī atrodas Skaistkalnes vidusskola. Muižu ietver parks, kurā atrodas citas ar muižu saistītās ēkas.

N/A

The mansion of Uue-Varbla Manor houses the local history museum which presents local life from the early 20th C and history of Varbla municipality. There is a handicraft workshop in the museum, while old tools and machinery are exhibited in the granary. The mansion in early Classicist style from 1797 is an attraction in itself. Traditional handicraft fairs are held in the grounds in July every summer.

N/A

Pirmie dokumenti par Kokmuižu atrodami 1601. gada zemes revīzijas pierakstos. Tur sniegtā informācija vēsta, ka Kokmuiža pastāvējusi jau 1560. gadā. Taču 1880. gadā vācu muižnieks sākas celt kungu māju neobaroka stilā. 20. gs. sākumā tā tika izpostīta, bet 1937. gadā to pārveidoja par skolu.

Kokmuižā kādreiz atradusies alus darītava. Tas bija laika periodā no 17.- 20. gs. Tā bija viena no slavenākajām alusdarītavām visā Vidzemes guberņā.

Mūsdienās var izstaigāt muižu pats vai gida pavadībā. Var aplūkot kungu māju, staļļu ēkas, muižas pārvaldnieka namu, bibliotēku, ekspozīciju, abas klētis un alus darītavas pagrabu, kā arī sfērisko saules pulksteni.

 

N/A

The Naukšēni People’s Museum, where we tell intelligent people about those who were born at the NAUKŠĒNI DISCO, arrived here and stayed here.  We’ll look at how they talk, sing, think and love.

N/A

The Castle was restored recently and now exhibits life and history of a noble family on three floors. Tour guides have numerous stories and legends to tell, visitors can make their personal castle souvenirs.
Kivi Kõrts (www.kivikorts.ee) near the castle is a pub with simple meals from locally sourced produce, characteristic to the Estonian cuisine and the Peipsi area.

N/A

The manor’s castle was built in the middle of the 18th century (belonging to the noble kin of baron Medem) as a huntsmen castle. Later, in the 19th century, it was rebuilt by adding a second floor. The kitchen was situated in the vaulted basements of the castle and when the food was ready, it was brought upstairs in the elevator. The gantry entrance of the castle (late baroque) and marble buttons above it picturing the coat of amrs of the union of Medem and Keizerling noble kins, is one of the most valuable example of arts monuments of the 18th century. To this day there are various  outhouses preserved- a  threshing barn, a granary and a smithy, as well as the park. In front of the castle one can see a magnificent oak, which was supposedly planted by K.Ulmanis. From 1837 the manor’s castle has also served as a place for Vilce primary school. 

N/A

Mooste Manor is located on the Mooste lakeshore. The attractive mansion is complemented by a large number of outbuildings in Historicist style, and a landscaped park in English style. The mansion houses the local school, the woodwork shop has become a guesthouse, the stable of workhorses is home to restorers, the manager´s house is the Centre for Art and Social Practice while the cattle shed is a concert hall today.

N/A

The castle was commissioned by Baron Alexander von Fittinghof and built between 1859 and 1863 in the late Tudor Neo-Gothic style.  It is one of the most important monuments to this style in Latvia and has an ornate limestone façade.  The 7th Sigulda Infantry Brigade was housed in the castle from 1921 until 1940.  Today it is home to the Alūksne Museum with a permanent exhibition and an “environmental labyrinth.”  One of the most unusual exhibits is a set of fluorescent minerals that can be viewed under lights with various spectrums.

N/A

Das heute gesehene Ensemble (im Stil des Neorenaissance gebautes Gutshaus) entstand im wesentlichen in der Zeit zwischen 1897 – 1902 als ein Eigentum vom Grafen Joseph Tyszkiewicz und seiner Frau. Ein Park.

N/A

Tāšu – Padures muiža (Tasch – Paddern) celta 19. gs. sākumā kā Korfu dzimtas pils, kas 1852. gadā pāriet Keizerlingu dzimtas īpašumā kā medību pils, kas kalpojusi kā vasaras mītne, un ir izcils vēlīnā klasicisma paraugs. Iekštelpās saglabājušies vairāki senā interjera apdares fragmenti. Pēc pils pabeigšanas, ap to sāka veidot vairāk kā 10 ha lielu parku ar svešzemju kokiem. Šobrīd muižas ēkā atrodas Kalvenes pamatskola.

N/A

This is a lovely park and a reconstructed estate from the mid-19th century, located 14 km away from Panevežys in northern Lithuania.  The estate was established during the latter half of the 19th century, and during the 20th century, various buildings were erected, including a two-story mansion with two floors (mid-19th century), stables, cellars, a gardener hut and ancillary buildings.  The mixed-type park with ponds was installed in during the latter half of the 19th century.  There was a large pergola on a hillock in the park, and it was alongside the gardener's hut.  The silhouette of the park is enlivened by newly pave pathways and little bridges that link the ponds.

N/A

Der Stützpunkt des Livländischen Ordens. Der Bau der Burg war eine Strafe für Ortsbewohner. Die Burg wurde nach dem Befehl des Dänischen Königs Frederik der II 1576 vernichtet.

N/A

The Bebrene Estate features an ensemble of Baroque buildings from the late 19th and early 20th century. The dominant building is the mansion of Count Plater-Sieberg, which was built in 1896 after a design by the architect L.J.L. Marconi. It is home to the Bebrene High School today. Surviving to the present day are the ornate gate and the unusual stone fence of the estate. The regular-design park which surrounds the mansion features a wealth of foreign trees.

N/A

The Kelme Estate is one of the last remaining provincial estates in Lithuania.  Designed in the Baroque style, it is a large and closed estate farm with many authentic buildings, gardens and bodies of water.  The geometric park is a vivid example of Baroque style, and it is divided up into various parts by alleys.  There is a viewing mound in the park.  Most of the trees are ancient, indeed, but the best part of the estate is behind it -- one large and three smaller ponds, as well as a viewing mount that is in the ancient park.

N/A

Gebaut am Ende des 18. Jh. im Stil des Frühklassizismus als der Besitz der Grafen von Mellin. Saaldekorationen vom künstlerischen Wert von K. V. Kalopka (1792) und Öfen (Ende des 19. Jh.). Ein Park.

N/A

A very impressive ensemble that is in terrible shape.  The estate dates back to the 18th and 19th century, with the castle being built in the early 19th century.  Half a century later it was rebuilt in the Neo-Gothic style with symmetrical towers and bricks in the cornices.  The estate belonged to the Manteufel-Stzege dynasty.  The vestibule, stairwell and second floor hall still have ornamental ceiling paintings, but visitors are not allowed to enter the building, so they cannot be seen.  Valuable interior design elements include a fireplace from the early 19th century that is decorated with marble elements.  After the expropriation of the castle in 1920 and until 1951, the building housed a forestry school and then an agricultural crafts school.  Opposite the castle was the stable of the state that was built in the style of Classicism with a pediment and mighty columns.  Built in the early 19th century, the stable is no longer used and can only be viewed from the outside.  A very much overgrown park surrounds the complex, and the hillock is the grave of one of the baron’s dogs.

 

N/A

The Alantos Estate is in the village of Naujasodžio, and it was built in the style of Neo-Classicism in the 19th century.  The estate is surrounded by a park with many types of trees, as well as a set of ancillary buildings.  The mansion is reminiscent of an Italian villa, and the Neo-Romantic park has alleys of trees and three ponds of various sizes.  The trees were planted so that over the course of time, their trunks would grow together to ensure mighty crowns.  Alongside the park are a few gazebos, an obelisk that stands a few metres high, as well as white marble sculptures of Venus and Jupiter.

N/A

Muižas ēka tikusi restaurēta, taču tā celta 1732. gadā. Muižas kompleksu veido – kungu māja, bijušās skolas ēka, pārvaldnieka māja, klēts, saimniecības ēka, kā arī tējas namiņš, kas atrodas senajā ozolu parkā, no kura takas tālāk aizvijas uz Meža parku. Ungurmuižas  iekštelpās ir grezni zīmējumi (grenadieri, ziedu motīvi, zīmētas tapetes, drapēri, ainas no barona karagājieniem un ceļojumiem) kuru autors ir Limbažu gleznotājs Georgs Dītrihs Hinšs. Ungurmuižā par seno auru rūpējas katrs gleznojums, zīmējums un katrs nostūris.