No Name Description
N/A

A bar with a modern interior that offers street food from around the world, modern Latvian cuisine, including meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a wide range of drinks.

N/A
The Ungurmuiža park is well known for its outstanding and huge oak trees. Some of them are rotting or dead, and they are home to a great many species, including many that are found nowhere else in Europe. A pathway leads through these noble trees – 1.3km in length, with visitors spending as much as an hour there. The park also contains the only wooden castle from the early 18th century that has been preserved to the present day. There are other cultural and historical treasures, as well.
N/A

Meklējams pie Pāvilostas tilta pār Saku (Meža iela). Te apskatāms 2005. g. restaurētais un uz postamentiem novietotais Pāvilostas zvejnieku kuģis, ar kādu tie zvejoja pagājušā gadsimta 50. – 60. gados. Šāda tipa kuģus būvēja Vācijas Demokrātiskajā republikā.

N/A

This is a unique exhibition of woven chairs, chair-making instruments, photographs, and other objects related to chair-making traditions from the late 18th to the mid-20th century. Ceramicist Īrisa Vainovska will talk about the pottery arts, offering decorative plates, interesting wind pipes and souvenirs.

N/A

Saimnieki piedāvā vietu, kur aizbraukt brīvā laika pavadīšanai, atpūtā ģimenei Kurzemē. Šeit viesiem ir iespēja aplūkot sākot no dažādu laiku lauksaimniecības tehnikas un darbarīkiem, līdz pat kara laika paliekām, kā arī dažādu laiku sadzīviskos priekšmetus. Katram priekšmetam seko arī stāsti, kas ir piedzīvoti vai tikai dzirdēti. Tāpat apmeklētājiem ir iespēja apskatīt mājas iemītniekus,kas ir veidoti ar pašu rokām. Asākām un patīkamākām sajūtām pieejama 350 metrus gara Baskāju taka.

N/A

The palace was built as the summer residence of the duke of Courland, Ernst Johan Byron, and it was designed by the outstanding Italian architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli. The construction of the palace ensemble took place between 1736 and 1740. The decorative finishing of the interiors was carried out from 1765 to 1768 by the sculptor Johann Michael Graff and the painters Francesco Martini and Carlo Zucchi. The significance of the palace lies in its authenticity as it has not been modified through rebuilding since then. Intensive restoration works started in 1972 when the Rundāle Palace museum was established. The restoration was completed in 2018.

N/A

Located at Pils Street 25A in Alūksne, this is a building that was initially a trade pavilion and was built in the early 20th century.  The Ernst Glück Bible Museum was established in 1990 as the only museum of its type in Latvia and the Baltic States.  Glück (1652-1705) was a pastor and educator who was the first to translate the Bible into Latvian.  The exhibition features various editions of the Bible from 1694 to the present day in 38 languages, along with books of sermons and other examples of Christian literature.

N/A

Mūsdienās redzamais iespaidīgais dievnams tapis ilgākā laika posmā. Jau 1870. g. latviešu draudze sāka vākt ziedojumus neogotiskās baznīcas celtniecībai, ko pabeidza 1904. gadā (V. Neimaņa projekts). Ēkas iekšpusi rotā dekoratīvi zvaigžņu velvju griesti, bet tās altārdaļā izvietotasmākslinieka J. Šķērstena veidotās vitrāžas (1940. g.) un 17. gs. kristāmtrauks. Baznīcu ieskauj plašs dārzs.

N/A

Piemājas saimniecība nodarbojas ar augļkopību un biškopību!

N/A

How did people live 1,000 years ago? What clothes did they wear? What tools and appliances were used? Answers to these and many other questions will be found at Kiruvere Viking Festival, held annually in July with re-enactors from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland.
The Viking ship Äge sails the lake from May to October. A nature trail nearby is open for walks all year round.

N/A

Kolka Evangelical Lutheran Church. A story has survived of one Danish trader saved in a shipwreck at Kolkasrags who in gratitude built a church in Kolka. The church had changed its location for three times in Kolka. The foundation of the church visible nowadays and built of boulders was laid by Karl Ludwig Ferdinand von der Osten-Zaken, the former owner of the Dundaga estate. It was built instead of the wooden church (or close to it) which was heavily damaged during the Crimean War. The first construction works were started in 1885 by the construction foreman Otto Sievert (Architect: T. Zeiler). In the Soviet time, the church was vandalized and it was used as a warehouse. It is worth to see the modern- style altarpiece
(a donation of the artist Helen Heinrihson) which does not have a counterpart in any other church. Before in its place there was placed a cross.
Kolka Orthodox Church. Data on the Liv turning to orthodoxy are provided by a document found in the tower of the Kolka Orthodox Church (see also below) during restoration works (the nineties of the last century) that was placed there during building of the church in 1885. It says that the Liv turning to orthodoxy or the so-called emperor's faith "has nothing to do with the religious belief but it is a means to get the earthly benefits or pleasures." In 1885, the orthodox congregation purchased land from baron Osten-Zaken. In 1890, a church, priest's house and school building were built on it. All the buildings have survived until now. The church has its own congregation and worships are held once a month. Information is found that Kolka is the only Liv coastal village where in the nineties of the 19th century there was built an orthodox church. The church bell is place "occupied" in 1936. In the Soviet time, the Church was used as a chapel but nowadays it performs its original role.

N/A
This is the only viewing platform of its kind. It is north of Pāvilosta, between the sea and Latvia’s largest gray dune. The second level of the platform offers a good view of the habitats which surround the dune, as well as the seashore and the largest seashore rock on the shores of the Baltic Sea – the Pāvilosta sea rock. You can also see the northern part of Pāvilosta. When it is windy outside, you’ll see kiteboard riders showing their tricks.
N/A

No Vilsandi bākas un tai tuvākās apkaimes ir labi saskatāmas leģendārās Vaikas salas. Tām ir piešķirts rezervāta statuss, tādēļ salas var apskatīt tikai no attāluma. Mazākā no saliņām - Kullipank ir tikai pārdesmit metrus diametrā. Tā ir jūras ūdeņu izrobots zemas un asas dolomīta klints fragments, kas klāts ar oļiem, nelieliem laukakmeņiem un kādu atsevišķi stāvošu lakstaugu. Domājams, ka vētru laikā tā pazūd zem jūras ūdens. Savukārt, Alumine Vaigas – Apakšējā Vaikas sala ir lielākā no sešām salām. Šīs salas diametrs ir ~ 150 m un tā paceļas vismaz kādus divus metrus virs jūras līmeņa. Uz salas ir bagātīga veģetācija un pat kāds zems krūms salas centrā. Redzami arī metru augsti atsegumi. Uz salas vēl joprojām atrodas 20. gs. sākumā celto „putnu māju” paliekas, kas bija domātas ligzdojošo putnu piesaistīšanai.

N/A

This is one of the oldest museums in Vidzeme and features interesting discoveries from the Middle Ages and the Iron Age, some of which were found around Lake Lubāna. Employees organise thematic exhibitions related to the culture and history of the administrative district, as well as art exhibitions.  The museum is in the historical buildings of the former Birži Estate.

N/A

It is possible to look at different animals at the farm – horses, goats, rabbits, dogs, cats and marmots. It is possible to participate in farming tasks and try out farm instruments, to learn the steps of ancient dances, to walk along the animal paths and to taste pancakes baked on the open fire with goat cheese. You can also buy sauna accessories or herbal teas.

N/A
Beverages

The owner of the guesthouse produces homemade wine from blackberries, black currants, lingonberries, oak leaves, birch sap, strawberries, gooseberries, apples, cranberries, cowslip, and 20 other raw materials. You can taste the wines, learn about how it is produced, and purchase some to take along with you.

N/A

Atrodas skaistā vietā – pašā Daugavas krastā. Ēdina, klāj galdus, piedāvā braucienus ar kuģīti pa Daugavu.
Latviešu virtuve: Aukstā zupa, cūkgaļas ribiņas ķimeņu mērcē, kartupeļu pankūkas, mājas kotletes, pelēkie zirņi, plānās pankūkas ar ievārījumu.
Īpašais ēdien: „Mazā raganiņa” – cūkgaļas karbonāde ar sēnēm.

N/A

Atrodas Ēdoles centrā. Dievnams tapis 17. gs. vidū, pateicoties Ēdoles pils īpašnieka - Johana Dītriha Bēra iniciatīvai, kas to veltījis sava noslepkavotā tēva piemiņai, domādams, ka tādējādi varēs izpirkt brāļa Filipa - tēva slepkavas grēkus. Lai izpirktu savējos, J. D. Bērs licis sevi paglabāt zem baznīcas durvju sliekšņa. Dievnama iekštelpas rotā sākotnējais baroka interjers, kā arī krāšņs ērģeļu prospekts un luktu apdares elementi.

N/A

The farm breeds purebred and crossbred cattle for seed, fattening and meat production.  It sells piglets and pork, grows grains and potatoes, and engages in beekeeping.  Six ponds are used to breed carp, tench and orfe.  During the winter, fishing is possible in special basins that are based on the flooding of a curve in the Bērzene River.  Valti offers a look at biological farming, beef cattle breeding, genetic work related to purebred animals, and fishing outdoors.  The farm has a special seminar room and kitchen for seminars and training.  The farm maintains the Oskars Kalpaks trail, which crosses a territory that is geological and landscape interest.

N/A
6 days

You will start your hike from the popular Latvian spa town of Jūrmala.  The route is great for those who like to hike along the coastline, with former fishing villages full of unique coastline charm, as well as lonely and seldom visited beaches.  Many villages have small smokehouses where dried fish can be bought.  Your destination is Cape Kolka, which the father of Latvia’s maritime school, Krišjānis Valdemārs, considered to be the centre of Europe.  The cape has been known as a very hazardous shipping route since the age of the Vikings.  Cape Kolka is also a fantastic place to watch birds.

Route information from Latvijas Lauku forums