No Name Description
N/A

This museum offers a look at the Latvian countryside, informing visitors about the history of the development of the agricultural sectors and popularising evidence about farming and life in Latvia's countryside from the late 19th century to the present day.  The interest of visitors is facilitated by various equipment used to process the land and harvest and process the crops. There are also various tools.
This museum offers a look at the Latvian countryside, informing visitors about the history of the development of the agricultural sectors and popularising evidence about farming and life in Latvia's countryside from the late 19th century to the present day.

N/A
1 day

Ekskursijas laikā apmeklējiet dabas taku, kura izvijas augšup un lejup gar Pilsupes lejteces stāvajiem krastiem un atklāj skaistus skatus uz trīs balto smilšu atsegumiem, no kuriem vecākais ir 6000 gadu vecs. Pēc tam apmeklējiet Kubalu skolu - muzeju, kur redzēsiet, kādas izskatījās skolas 19 gs. Klasē Jūs sagaida senie skolas soli, tāfelītes, tinte un rakstāmspalva.  Tālāk dodieties uz dabas parku, kurā izveidota Bišu taka. Iespēja kāpt kokā ar dzeiņa palīdzību, liet vaska sveces un iepazīt dažādos biškopības produktus. Ekskursijas noslēgumā dodieties uz mini zoo, kur ir iespēja apskatīt dažādus dzīvnieciņus - pundurkaziņas, punduraitiņas, mandarīnpīles.

N/A

This village is at the place where the Irbe (Dižirve, Īra) River flows into the sea, and it is on both shores of the river (sea side and land side).  The name of Irbe was recorded for the first time in a 1310 border agreement between the bishop of Kurzeme and the Rīga Dome Capitol.  The name of Lielirbe (Irvemūnde) was recorded for the first time in a document from an arbitration court in 1387.  At the end of the 19th century, the small port at Lielirbe was an active centre for the sale and transport of timber materials.  In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the largest number of sailing ships among villages on the western shore of Kurzeme was built there.  In 1939, the village had some 300 residents, more than 70 houses and a Baptist church which is now at the Ventspils Open Air Museum.  A narrow-gauge railroad passed through the village, which had a post and telegraph office, two grocery stores, an elementary school, a choir and a brass band.  Lielirbe was one of the largest villages to disappear after World War II.  Cultural historian Valda Marija Šuvcāne (1923-2007) was born in Lielirbe, and her daughter, Baiba Šuvcāne, is continuing her mother's work by writing important papers about life along the Livonian coastline.  By 2019, a bridge is to be reinstalled across the Irbe River.

N/A

The Old School of Druviena is alongside the Druviena-Liezēre road. The historical school building became home to a museum in 1964. The school is closely linked to the great Latvian writer Jānis Poruks (1871-1911), and a memorial room to him has been installed in the building. On the second floor, you can look at a classroom, sit on an old-time school bench and try to imagine yourself as a schoolchild long ago. Interesting exhibits include boxes in which children brought food from home – the same ones which were used by two of Poruks’ most popular characters, Cibiņš and Buņģis.

N/A

Liela meža masīva vidū gleznainās Būkas (Būka) upes krastos starp kokiem ieslēpies teiksmainais Vaišnoriškes ciems. Šis ir viens no skaistākajiem nacionālā parka etnogrāfiskajiem ciemiem. Vaišnoriške kā apdzīvota vieta sākusi veidoties 1756. g., kad šeit sena vēsturiska ceļa malā darbojies krogs. Pirmā viensēta ciematā ir zināma no 1830. g. Šodien redzamā apbūve ir tapusi g.k. 20. gs. sākumā. Ciems ir palicis cilvēku atmiņās ar liepu medu, jo meža velšu vākšana un biškopība bija viena no galvenajām šejieniešu nodarbēm. Tagad ciemā ir piecas sētas. No Vaišnoriškes var uzsākt laivu braucienu pa seklo un dzidro Būku.

N/A

The Svene Nature Park is in the central part of the Augšzeme highlands, and Lake Svente is at its centre. This is one of the cleanest lakes in Latvia. There is also Egļukalns Hill, which offers one of the most beautiful views in all of Zemgale from its viewing tower. Visitors can gaze at the hillocks and lakes of the Svente area. Egļukalns Hill also has ski trails and a nature trail.

N/A

The town of Subate was first listed in documents in 1570, when Duke Gotthard Kettler of the Duchy of Courland sold the Subāte marketplace to Count G. Plater-Sieberg. When the Plater-Sieberg dynasty converted to Catholicism in the mid-17th century, Lutherans in Subate protested by moving to the eastern bank of Lake Subate. That was the property of the Prode Estate (only ruins remain at this time), which was owned by the Osten-Sacken dynasty. In 1685, the Osten-Sackens built a Lutheran church for the “refugees,” and Jaunsubate was established around it. Both parts of the town were merged again in 1894. During Latvia’s liberation battles in 1919, Subate was liberated by Lithuanians, at which time the town was divided up between Latvia and Lithuania (though the border between the two countries was set at the previous line in 1921). The historical centre of Subate was established between the 16th and the 19th century, and it includes four churches for various congregations and low wooden buildings which stretch along narrow and curvy streets. The town is on the shores of a sub-glacial depression with Great Lake Subate and Lesser Lake Subate therein. This provides the town with unusual landscapes for Latvia.

N/A

The saloon is in the restored complex of the Smuku Estate (16th century). During the summer, meals are served on the terrace of the “Zirgu stallis” guesthouse, while during the winter, they are served alongside the fireplace in the bar.

Latvian cuisine: Milk dumpling soup with dried bacon (Kurzeme lunch), herring baked on coals, stacked rye bread with whipped cream, “countryside milk bun” (fresh milk, sugar, cinnamon, berry sauce), a cheesy potato with honey-roasted pork.

N/A

The most fascinating part of the Park is its underground museum. Guided underground tours take visitors to where miners used to work and rest and stored their explosives, and include a real train ride and learning about various pieces of equipment and technology. A delicious miner’s lunch can be booked in advance and enjoyed in a genuine miners´ underground canteen.

N/A
This is Latvia’s largest small-leaved lime tree (Tilia cordata). Some of its mighty branches are held up by supports. There are large holes in the trunk that have been covered up to prevent water entering the holes and causing even more rot. Just like many other trees of this size, this was a sacred tree in the past
N/A

Atrodas 0,9 km no Jaunpiebalgas muižas pils, Jaunpiebalgas centra virzienā. Redzot šo ēku, nav jāpārliecina, ka tā ir viena no garākajām Vidzemē. Tik gara, ka grūti pat „iedabūt kadrā”.

N/A

The craftsmen's association unites 65 craftsmen from Rūjiena and its surroundings. Offers baking, jam cooking, cheese tying, jewelry making, leather goods, crochet and culinary master classes. Also offers "Made in Rūjiena" tastings (bread, smoked products, culinary products, jams, fresh juices, pumpkin products, seasonal berries and fruits, other dishes in each season) and shopping.

N/A
3 days

The tour starts at Jaunmokas Castle estate, where you will also find the Forest Museum. The pride of the castle is its unique painted tile stove (beginning of the 20th century) made of 130 painted tiles featuring 50 different views of the cities Rīga and Jūrmala. The Forest Trails runs along smaller tracks through the Austrumkursa Uplands, the valley of the river Slocene, along Lake Sekļa and Lake Jumprava to finally reach the town of Tukums. Well, the town takes pride in its pots, planters and flower beds with blooming roses along its streets. Next, the route meanders through forests to the demanding hillock of Milzkalns and Lake Valguma, where you will find the barefoot trail and a secluded art space within the woods. The Forest Trail continues to make a stopover at the Ķemeri National Park. The park is dedicated to protection of wetlands, since it is home to one of the largest marshlands of Latvia – the Great Ķemeri bog. As to the town – Ķemeri – it is the former balneological and sulphur springs resort. The tour ends in the village of Bigauņciems, where the Forest Trail joins with the Baltic Coastal Hiking Route (E9 European long distance path). Optionally, one can take a detour along the Lake Sloka trail with its bird-watching tower or pay a visit to the “Forest House” – the visitor’s centre of the Ķemeri National Park.

N/A

Café Roomassaare is located near Kuressaare, providing a picturesque view of the Roomassaare yacht pier. In the summer season, the café mostly prepares dishes from local products, offering both locals and tourists a simple and clean combination of local flavours. A lot of fish as well!

N/A

The craftsman represents the fifth generation of the oldest dynasty of Latvian barrel makers. The family began such work in the early 19th century, and he is continuing on with traditions related to barrels that are made of oak and ash. He will talk about the various aspects of making a barrel, and you will be able to watch him at work. The craftsman produces barrels, wooden tubs, scoops for saunas, etc. You can order and purchase these items.

N/A

Kafejnīca "Dižjūra" atrodas Mazirbē, Lībiešu tautas namā. Atvērta vasaras sezonā. 

N/A

A island in the delta of Nemuna. Etnographical museum, Uostadvaris lighthouse, bird watching tower.

N/A
6 days

This route will allow you to see Latvia's most impressive medieval castles or their ruins, as well as outstanding manor houses from aristocratic estates dating back th the 18th and 19th century. The mansion of the Ungurmuiža Estate is one of the only wooden palaces left in Latvia from those that were built in the early 18th century. The ruins of the Cēsis Castle are among the most impressive Medieval ruins in the country. The tower of the Turaida Castle offers panoramic view of the ancient Gauja River Valley. About one-half of  the route passes through the Gauja National Park. You will arrive at the place where the oldest crossing of the Baltic rivers exists - the rafts which transport people across the river are still powered by the stream itself. 
Accommodations is organized at baronial estates and castles wherever its possible. Suggested meals are organized at the upper class restaurants or places where traditional Latvian atmosphere and dishes can be tried.

N/A

Viens no lielākajiem Augštaitijas pilskalniem, kas 2011. g. pēc vērienīgiem rekonstrukcijas darbiem ir izzināms jaunā kvalitātē - gan no infrastruktūras, gan arī ainaviskā viedokļa, jo iepriekš biezais pamežs (tagad retināts) traucēja uztvert iespaidīgo objektu. Arī no pilskalna plakuma paveras labs skats uz diviem blakus esošajiem ezeriem. Tā virsotnē apskatāms piemiņas akmens, kas vēsta par pirmā Lietuvas valsts prezidenta Antana Smetona (Antanas Smetona) apmeklējumu 1934. g. viņa 60 gadu jubilejā. Pilskalns it ticis apdzīvots jau I tūkstošgadē pirms Kristus. Uzskata, ka 14. – 15. gs. te atradusies hronikās aprakstītā Linkmenu pils. Jaunizveidotā taka pilskalnu savieno ar vēl vienu populāru apskates objektu – Ladakalni.

N/A

Šo sakrālo celtni uzskata par vecāko Zemgales baznīcu, kas joprojām pilda savu pamatfunkciju. Tās celtniecību uzsāka 1567. g. un pēc nopostīšanas atjaunoja 1614. g. Pēc poļu - zviedru un Ziemeļu kara to atkārtoti atjaunoja 1815. g. Dievnamu var apskatīt arī no iekšpuses.