No | Name | Description |
---|---|---|
This area protects the landscape of the Lielauce hillocks, which are a part of the Eastern Kurzeme highlands. Lake Zebrus and Lake Svēte are in this territory. On the north-eastern shore of Lake Zebrus one can see the Ezerlūķi castle hill. On the eastern shore of the lake is a boating area, along with a viewing tower and a set of information about the area. The territory includes protected biotopes such as stream swamps and swampy forests, along with protected birds and species of bat. |
||
Zvārtavas pils aicina ceļotājus un dabas draugus, kultūras un mākslas cienītājus iepazīties ar Zvārtavas pili un citiem muižas kultūrvēsturiskiem objektiem, izbaudīt parku un ezeru, izzināt novada vēsturi un apskatīt mākslas darbus, kuri radīti šeit plenēros un rezidencēs, gan LMS muzeja kolekcijas ekspozīcijas un aktuālās izstādes. Skaistā Zvārtavas pils celta 1881.gadā un ir viena no spilgtākajiem neogotikas stila arhitektūras pieminekļiem Latvijā, kas ir valsts nozīmes kultūras piemineklis. Pašlaik pils pieder Latvijas Mākslinieku savienībai, un tieši šis fakts ir pamats pils unikalitātei. Pilī ir saglabājušies neogotikas interjeri, koka kolonas vestibilā, oriģinālās parketa grīdas, mēbeles un stikla kupols ar vitrāžām, caur kurām gaisma dažādos toņos, veido zīmējumus uz sienām un grīdas. |
||
This venue produces homemade fruit, berry and dandelion wine from local products and with no preservatives, as well as interesting products such as spicy plum sauce and fruit and berry conserves. Groups of tourists can go on a tour and taste and purchase the products. |
||
The restricted area was set up to protect Nesaule Hill, which is a forested hillock in the area and features boreal and damp forests.
|
||
Das in 1671 gebaute Schloss wurde mehrmals umgebaut und die heutige Aussicht im Stil des Klassizismus hat das Schloss 1820 – 1923 erhalten. Der im 19. Jh angelegte Park mit einer Rotunde und einer Steinbrücke. Tematische Ausstellungen. |
||
Viļāni Old-Believers Prayer House. The architect P.Pavlovs built Old-Believers Prayer House in 1930s.
The congregation was established very recently. Nevertheless the 14 meters high tower was constructed in
2004. The Prayer House is a very simple building but you will be pleased to see the magnificent icons. The
Prayer House has been renovated completely.
|
||
was first recorded in documents in 1582. The shallow water around the village contains many sunken ships. In 1826, Pitrags had 11 farms and 190 residents. A saloon was opened in the mid-19th century. In 1937, the village had 12 old farms and 38 fishing operations (mostly new farms). There were several fish processing plants in the village. One of the local residents was the distinguished Livonian language storyteller Marija Šaltjāre (Bertholde, 1860-1930). She shared more than 200 fairy tales and legends, more than 90 songs and games, etc. The Pitrags Baptist Prayer House was built in 1902. It was burned down during World War I, rebuilt in 1925, and renovated in the late 20th century. The Krogi homestead in the centre of Pitrags has a collection of 27 old types of Livonian coastline fencing. The owner also offers a chance to help with the smoking of fish and then to taste the resulting product. |
||
The Latvian Border Guard still uses some of the Soviet-era guard facilities that are at this location.
|
||
Also known as Lake Jēsis or Lake Iesis, this is the lake in Latvia which has the largest number of islands. Many literary sources and encyclopaedias in the 20th century claimed that there were 69 islands in the lake, but that was an exaggeration, because apparently the authors took sandbars overgrown with reeds and other plants to be islands. The true number is approximately two times lesser. The largest number of islands can be found in the north-eastern part of the lake. The largest one is Lielā Lāča (Big Bear) Island (45 ha). A farm was on the island at one time. The islands and the oak trees that are on the shores of the lake – the Piļoru and Pahatnīku stands of trees – are in a restricted environmental reserve. |
||
From Riga the route goes to the historic Estonian sea resort and then by ferry to Muhu island. On the way there is ethnographic village of Koguva, the Liiva church and the elegant Padaste Manor. Overnight at Muhu island. 28 km cycling there juniper fields, its small fishing villages, and the magnificent Juigu cliffs, which open up a view of the other small islands in the Monzunda archipelago. Then drive to Saaremaa and stay in Kuressare, the island's capital. There the rooute covers such attractions as Kaali meteorite crater, impressive Valjala church and castle mound, Piretikivi rock and Poide church. Cycle along the Tagameisa Peninsula, up to 30 km. Driving to the ferry take a loop along Viidumae National Park with its viewing tower, Kihelkonna Church, the Odaletsi streams and nature trail and the dolomite Panga cliffs. |
||
In the Alatskivi historical ice cellar wine, herbal teas, various snacks, spicy vinegars and jams are made from fruits of local meadows and forests. In the cosy boutique you can taste and buy wines, teas and other local food souvenirs. If the group is bigger or you want to visit us outside of working hours, it is desirable to notify us about your arrival in advance. |
||
The church was built in the Neoromantic style between 1936 and 1939 on the basis of a design by the architect Pavlov. It was consecrated before the completion of construction, this happening in 1937. The church honours the Anguished Mother of God, and the central altar is dedicated to her. Icons in the building date back to the early 20th century, and a statue of the Fatima Mother of God is in the yard near the entrance. |
||
Atrodas pilsētas centrā - Tirgus laukuma malā. Dievnams tapis 1495. g., pēc Livonijas ordeņa mestra Valtera fon Pletenberga (~ 1450. – 1535.) pavēles. Gadsimtiem ritot, ēka pārbūvēta un tagad redzamais tornis celts 1907. g. Baznīcā apskatāmi nozīmīgi kultūrvēstures pieminekļi: altārglezna “Golgāta” - H. Kīperta darināta kopija (pēc K. Arnoldi Kandavas luterāņu baznīcas oriģināla (1864. g.)), muižniekam Fīlipam Drahenfelsam veltīta epitāfija (B. Bodekers, 16. un 17. gs. mija), A. D. Tīzenhauzenas kapu plāksne (1648. g.), kristāmtrauka pamatne (18. gs.) un piemiņas plāksne 1. pasaules karā un Latvijas Brīvības cīņās kritušajiem draudzes locekļiem (1925. g.). Ap Tirgus laukumu (atjaunots, jauka strūklaka) izvietojies Dobeles vēsturiskais centrs. |
||
Mājas restorāns mājīgā, autentiskā lauku vidē, kur tiek pasniegti lauku ēdieni, uz galda celtas svaigas jūras veltes, kuras atceļojušas no Francijas, Spānijas vai Norvēģijas, kā arī vietējās, pašu saimnieku kūpinātas zivis. Ēdienkarte tiek radīta katru dienu no jauna, kas ikdienā ļauj piedāvāt svaigus produktus.
|
||
Männiku forest farm uses local ingredients, especially from plants. Thanks to the years of experience in the production of plant origin food, the farm is visited by guests from all over the world; only groups are admitted. |
||
A small part of the impressive fortifications of Liepāja, these encircle the city’s perimeter and its shoreline. They’re found at the Olimpija stadium. See also Objects No. 30077, 30078, 30079, 30080 and 30098.
|
||
Taka ved cauri mežam uz skatu torni purva malā. Takā apskatāma Nāzara priede –priede, pie kuras 1905. gadā nošauts dumpinieks, pati priede – ekoloģiskais koks ar dzilnu kaltiem dobumiem, nokaltusi. Melnalkšņu dumbrājs - slīkšņa ar cūkaušiem un puplakšiem. Oleru purvs no skatu torņa – pārejas un sūnu purvs, kas izveidojies nolaista ezera vietā. Papildus objekti blakus takai, pieejami pa ceļu – Oleru muižas komplekss, Krustakmens, Oleru muižas kapi. Kopējais takas garums: 1,1 km. |
||
You can access ÕUNA farm (ÕUNA puhketalu) by Piibe Road, behind the old horse post and pub. Here you can spend the night, have some food and enjoy various entertainment activities. Menu includes only Estonian national foods. |
||
Neliels, bet ļoti ainavisks un ar lieliem laukakmeņiem klāts
zemesrags. No raga iztālēm redzamas Veczemju
klintis.
|
||
The farm produces six different kinds of blackberries. You can tour the surrounding fields, learn about how blackberries are grown, and taste and purchase valuable berries. Your children will love the rabbits and goats that are at the farm. |