No | Name | Description |
---|---|---|
Located on the left bank of the Venta River 100 m to the Northwest of the Liepāja (A9) highway bridge across the river. The antique castle hill was the site of a Livonian Order that existed from the 14th to the 18th century before being sacked during the Great Northern War. No part of the castle has survived. A stage was built on the castle hill in 1987, and it is a popular venue for various events. The hill is surrounded by a park with wooden chairs that were designed by the sculptor Ģirts Burvis in honour of the kings of Courland. There is a viewing platform, and there are legends about underground passages and a white lady who appears only once every 100 years. |
||
Angla Tuulikumägi (Windmill Hill) is the only site in Saaremaa which has retained its historical mill scenery with four post mills characteristic of the area and one Dutch-type mill. All windmills are open to visitors. |
||
The Forest Trail leads down from the highest point of the Haanja Upland. The most important sight on this route is the Suur Munamägi Hill – 318 m above sea level. The highest point of the Baltics with its observation tower provides its visitors with a splendid 50 km range view of the Estonian nature. The 150 year-old western taiga spruce forests grow on the slopes of Suur-Munamägi. Further on the trail circles around the southern part of Lake Vaskna, and continues down small country roads surrounded by solitary homesteads and small clusters of farms. The route ends in a small village, Tsiistre, where the Linen Museum is located. The museum has a collection of folk linen. Flax is one of the oldest cultural plants in Estonia and a few decades ago, blue flax fields were a common sight in southern Estonia. |
||
The impressive Gauja River valley and its best natural and cultural landscapes can be seen from Paradīze (Gleznotāji) Hill, the Sigulda castle ruins, the aerial tram, the Ferris wheel, the Ziediņi and Pilsēta ski trails, the area of the bobsled and sledding trail, Ķeizarskats, the viewing area of the Velnala cliffs, the mountain bike route of Sigulda (on the right bank of the Gauja, particularly when the trees are bare), the area of the Krimulda castle ruins, Dainu Hill, and the Turaida castle tower.
|
||
The classical skyline of Old Rīga can be enjoyed from several locations – Mūkusalas Street, between the railroad bridge and the stone bridge, from the stone bridge, from the A-B dam, from the grounds of the central office of the Swedbank bank, from the Vanšu bridge, and from the Ballast Dam at Ķīpsala. You can hike or bike from location to location. During the summer, little ships cruise up and down the Daugava to offer different views.
|
||
The tour presents UNESCO World Heritage Sites and the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Latvia and Estonia. Experience the famous traditions of song, national crafts, architecture and food of the unique Suiti and Seto ethnic groups. |
||
Lakeside Sigulda is a quiet camping and recreation area on the territory of Lake Matinu. Offers relaxation, overnight stays near nature and picnic options in a quiet environment. Travelers with campers, caravans, as well as those staying in tents can stay overnight in the camping area. In addition, a well-equipped glamping tent for 2 people has also been created. Showers, toilets, outdoor kitchen, picnic areas, grills, internet and electricity connection are available for camping guests. SUP boards are available for active recreation. |
||
В1699 в центре Нюкши Пасиенские доминиканские монахи построили часовню, на месте которой в 1765 году помещик Хилзен возвел новую церковь. Помещения были маленькие, и в 1922 - 1926 гг. на фундаменте старой церкви строится новая и большая – теперешняя церковь, которую называют одним из самых красивейших деревянных храмов Латгалии. В здании находится центральный алтарь работы второй четверти XVIII века и два боковых алтаря работы примерно 1700 г. Церковь можно осмотреть изнутри. |
||
Oldest (building started in 1227) stone church in Estonia. Unique christening stone in the Baltic States. Old painting on the walls. |
||
Īdeņa graveyard chapel has Catholic church services. Īdeņa chapel was built in 1898 by the foundation
of dean Smilgevičs. The church is devoted to the honor of the Holy Cross. The chapel has a small bell tower
and the weatherboards. You shouldn’t miss the chapel’s special celebration that is the indulgences of St.
Francis of Assisi, stigmata day in September 17.
|
||
On the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 to 13:00 the Green market takes place in Gulbene, where there are gathered outworkers, craftsmen and farmers from different districts of Latvia. There are offered goods made by the outworkers, seasonal vegetables and fruit, as well as beauty and design products, including other useful household and pretty goods. |
||
This park is located along the shores of the Tērvete River Valley. It is a vast forested area which has been adapted successfully for travellers. In 2004, it was nominated as the most family - friendly destination in the land. There is a web of trails for one-day hikes. Viewing tower on the shore of the Tērvete River, views also from the Tērvete castle hill and Zviedru (Swedish) Hill.
|
||
Located at the Rūjiena High School, this Kārlis Zemdega sculpture was installed in 1936 in honour of a local teacher, Jūlija Skuiņa, who drowned in 1936 at the age of 24. There are various legends about her death, one of which talks about a tragic love story involving the Rev Roberts Slokenbergs. |
||
Dobele name in historical sources for the first time is mentioned in1254. Dobele was one of the most fortified Semigallian places; therefore from 1279 until 1289 it survived six attacks by German crusaders. In 1289 Semigallians was forced to retreat. In 1335 conquerors instead of Semigallian castle began construction of new - stone castle. On the opposite shore of Berze - on the left bank merchants and craftsmen village began to form. Town suffered greatly during the Northern War and during the subsequent plague. A significant event in the economic life was the 1927, when Liepaja-Gludas railway line was built. After World War II in Dobele and its vicinity came to the Soviet militaries, who built one of the largest Soviet tanks range "Dobele-2". Now Dobele travellers are offered a range of interesting sites to be visited. |
||
The second biggest city in Lithuania and from 1920 – 1939 - a temporary capital. The Old Town, The Town Hall (16th century), St. Peter and Pavil cathedral - basilica (15th century), Thunder building (15th century), Laisves alley, Ciurlionis Art and Devil Museum. |
||
The Livonian Order built a castle made of bricks and fieldstones in this location in 1253. The building measured 72 x 40 metres and had a three-story residential area and a gate tower at its centre. An entrance for soldiers was installed at the height of the second floor of the fortified wall during the 14th century, with barriers and four bastions installed during the 16th and 17th century. Legend has it that the daughter of a knight was bricked into the wall and that there was once a secret underground passage to the Lutheran church that is 200 metres away. The park includes the “Ancient Seashore” promenade, featuring plaques with quotes from Zenta Mauriņa and Jānis Rainis. |
||
Tūrisma gide Ineta Jansone piedāvā ekskursijas grupām pa Raganu purvu. Izveidota taka uz sēra dīķiem (koka celiņi 800 m garumā). Ekskursijas laikā Jūs uzzināsiet par augstā tipa purvu un unikālu biotopu – sēra avotu izplūdes vietu Ķemeru Nacionālā parka teritorijā. Šeit sastopami savdabīgi purva ezeriņi, piesātināti ar sēra baktēriju radītām nogulsnēm. Ezeriņu krastos sastopami īpašu sugu augi. Sēra dīķu apkaimē var sajust gaisā sērūdeņraža smaržu. |
||
The New Sigulda Castle was built between 1878 and 1881 for Prince Kropotkin. Its tower was extended in 1937. From 1923 until 1940, the building was known as the Writers Castle, and it was managed by the Latvian Press Association. During the Soviet era, a cardiology sanatorium was housed there. In 1993, the Sigulda City Council took over the castle, and since 2003 it has been home to the Sigulda Administrative District Council. The wooden residential building (mid-19th century) in which the Kropotkin family lived still survives, as do the granary (late 18th or early 19th century), the gardener's house (19th century), and the stone wall (19th century). The New Sigulda Castle is part of the historical centre of the Sigulda, Turaida and Krimulda complex, as are the ruins of the Sigulda Castle and the Krimulda Castle, the Krimulda Estate and the Turaida Castle. |
||
The idea of the centre is to strengthen health by using clean food, so here you can enjoy delicious meals from slightly processed, vitamin-rich foods. The centre mainly uses fresh products from the garden of the centre and local farms. The specially developed menu plans consist of delicious vegetable soups and stews, as well as various porridges. Healing cures include not only certain meals, but also treatments and workouts that must be ordered in advance. |
||
A third-generation family company, producing “Gotiņa” sweets since 1959. Located in the centre of Skrīveri, a 2-minute walk away from the train station. Company has a Sweets Workshop where visitors can take a tour, wrap their own candies, learn about their history, taste the products, and purchase natural and fresh sweets. For “Gotiņa” sweets with rye bread and cranberries, they use heated rye breadcrumbs from the Lāči bakery. Fresh and delicious sweets can be purchased in the factory shop.There are four different tour programmes in all. |