No Name Description
N/A

The Centre at Sõru harbour exhibits various vessels, smaller wooden boats are built and renovated here too. The three-masted schooner Alar is awaiting restoration. Part of the Centre complex is the Sõru Museum giving an insight into local sea-going history; workshops on coastal life and seafaring can be booked in advance.

N/A

Das einzige Museum solcher Art im Baltikum. Das Ziel des Museums besteht darin, die Mensch(und litauisches Volk)-Kosmos-Beziehung zu zeigen. Ausbildungsprogramme, mythologische Steine.

N/A

This is another place (at A. Brodeles Street 7) which must certainly be visited by those who are interested in the cultural environment of the historical region of Selonia. The museum was established in 2000, and much of its exhibition can be found at the depot of the former narrow-gauge railroad (the depot was built in 1948, and the railroad operated between 1916 and 1972). There you can see a restored locomotive, a passenger wagon, a trolley, etc. The exhibits reflect the lives of major personalities in and around Viesīte, also looking at events and the cultural heritage. There are wood processing and textile workshops at the museum. Outside the building is a fragment from the narrow gauge railroad, along with a water pump.

N/A

“Airītes” is a museum found at the place where the first commander of the Latvian Armed Forces, Col Oskars Kalpaks and other Latvian soldiers (including three officers) fell during a battle on March 6, 1919.  The public donated money in 1920 to build a monument, and it was unveiled on September 3, 1922.  In 1935, work began on a building that was proposed by the Col Kalpaks Battalion organisation, the plan being to exhibit items related to Kalpaks’ battles.  It was opened a year later.  The monument was destroyed during the Soviet era, and the building housed a post office and some flats.  The memorial was restored during the national Renaissance in 1988 and 1989, and on November 11, 1990, the museum was reopened.  During renovations in 2007, the second floor burned down.  The museum and exhibition were renewed in 2013.  The exhibits speak to Kalpaks’ life during World War I and Latvia’s liberation battles.  Employees regularly organise commemorative events in honour of Kalpaks, as well as celebrations of Lāčplēsis (Veterans’) Day.

N/A
Latgale Farmstead „Mežmalas”. The owners of the farmstead created an interesting collection of the old household items, tools and equipment of the 19th and 20th century. The visitors are offered to try plainting of the scale basket. Sale of baskets and herbal tea. Enjoy walking along the energetic path through the pine forest.
Working hours: on request
N/A

This museum offers a look at the Latvian countryside, informing visitors about the history of the development of the agricultural sectors and popularising evidence about farming and life in Latvia's countryside from the late 19th century to the present day.  The interest of visitors is facilitated by various equipment used to process the land and harvest and process the crops. There are also various tools.
This museum offers a look at the Latvian countryside, informing visitors about the history of the development of the agricultural sectors and popularising evidence about farming and life in Latvia's countryside from the late 19th century to the present day.

N/A

Located in the Salgale Parish, about 6 km from Iecava, is the home of the father of Edvarts Virza (born Jēkabs Eduards Lieksna, 1883-194), “Billītes,” to which the family moved in 1901.  Virza was a distinguished 20th century writer, poet, prose writer, publicist and translator.  He wrote many poems at “Billītes,” and in 1933, he released his legendary novel “Straumēni” about the lives of Latvian farmers.  A museum in honour of Virza is at the homestead today.  The horse chestnut tree that is alongside the home is the largest one in Latvia (a diameter of 4.2 m and a height of 0.4 m).  It is described in “Straumēni.”

N/A

The Kolka group of the Liv Association (est. 1989) established the Liv Centre in 1993, and it features a collection of Liv ethnographic objects.  The centre hosts exhibitions and various thematic events.  The work of the centre is based mostly on volunteers, and it is mostly open during the tourism season.

N/A

The farm, established in 1874, today provides comfortable tourist accommodation, saunas, an outdoor pool and organic food made to centuries-old recipes. Its little museum exhibits the exquisite needlework and farm tools of previous generations. All these items have a story to tell about their former owners´ dreams and work.

N/A

Befindet sich im alten Rathaus. Das größte Silberkunstwerk Baltikums (wiegt mehr als 30 kg) und andere dekorative Gegenstände sind zu sehen. Auf der Dachkammer ist die einmalige Malerei im Stil des Spätrokoko zu sehen.

N/A

Ein am Ende des 19. Jh. gebautes Teil der Festung. Ein Museum, das Verbrechen totalitäre Regimes gegen Menschlichkeit wiederspiegelt.

N/A

Found at the Purvziedi homestead in Vaide, this collection of more than 600 horns has been established by forest guard Edgars Hausmanis, who says that he found all of the exhibits in the forest.

N/A

Atrodas Jūrmalciema austrumdaļā. Koka šķūnī sakrāti vietējo entuziastu savāktie Jūrmalciema iedzīvotāju sadzīves priekšmeti un amata rīki. Novadpētnieki te var uzzināt vērtīgu informāciju par ciema vēsturi un zvejnieku dzīvesveidu.

N/A

The museum is located in Pilkuse manor farm, exhibits on display are carts, carriages and sleighs along with accessories from horse collars to lap robes. Military, emergency and fire brigade carts are extraordinary and rare while a coach and a calash (barouche) are exhibits to be really proud of. Numerous agricultural tools and equipment also ensure hours of excitement and discovery in the museum.

N/A

Observatory which was built (1808. – 1810. g.) Southeast of Doma Hill is called pearl of Estonian's science. There's a museum inside.

N/A

The location requires a drive through the Pērlis forest and sparsely populated areas.  Silmači features an open-air stage, which was built in the 1980s for just one performance that was staged by the Latvian National Theatre during the Summer Solstice celebration in 1986.  Ever since then, Rūdolfs Blaumanis’ famous play “Tailor Days at Silmači” has been performed here during the season.  Alongside the stage is a museum that features information about the single performance in 1986.  An original manuscript of the play (1902) can also be viewed.

N/A

This museum is along the road from Jaunpiebalga and Vecpiebalga and was opened in 1969.  It focuses on the life and work of two distinguished Latvians – the composer Emīls Dārziņš (1875-1910) and the poet and writer Jānis Sudrabkalns (1894-1975).  It features items related to the lives of the two men.  Music by Dārziņš can be heard in the museum, tours are offered to individual visitors and groups, and thematic and musical events are held at the museum.

N/A

“Riekstiņi” is a farm 6 km from Nereta at which the outstanding Latvian writer and painter Jānis Jaunsudrabiņš (1877-1962) spent six years of his childhood. The people of the farm became prototypes for characters in his “White Book,” in which he called the farm “Mūsmājas.” A museum was opened at Riekstiņi in 1967, and it is in an authentic single-family Selonian farm with a specific spirit and scent.

N/A

“Vēveri” is located 7 km to the North of the centre of Vecpiebalga and offers a look at typical and authentic farms and craftsmen’s operations from the Piebalga landscape in the 19th century. You will wee ancient tools and household objects, as well as a recently restored windmill.

N/A

Xранилище старинных предметов находится на втором этаже здания Туристического информационного центра в Нице. Здесь представлен более чем столетний народный костюм Ницы со всеми неотъемлемыми принадлежностями - юбкой, корсажем, кафтаном и шапкой с «ушками». В ницанском сундуке для приданого хранятся работы местных рукодельниц, которые продолжают местные ремесленнические традиции. Посетители могут ознакомиться с ницанскими одеялами, платками, скатертями и другими пригодными в хозяйстве вещами, а также с рукавицами и носками.