No Name Description
N/A
The former Ķemeri swimming facility used to have a building of wooden bathtubs in the 19th century. The mud treatment facility which is designed in the style of Classicism was erected in 1924. The Ķemeri clinic was opened here after World War II. A monument to Ivan Pavlov, a distinguished Russian doctor and physiologist is on the western end of the ruins, and no one has taken much care of it, either.
N/A

Exploring of Sigulda can be started with a visit to Sigulda castle ruins. The construction of the castle was begun by the Knights of the Sword Order in 1207, but in 1236 it was rebuilt for the needs of the Livonian Order. Sigulda castle suffered much from the wars in the second half of the 16th century and in the beginning of 17th century. During the Northern War, it is burned down and is no more restored. Today south-western building of the convent and the tower of the main gate, behind which is the inner forefront of the castle with open air stage, which offers impressive views over the Gauja valley. Currently the reconstruction of castle ruins is in progress. Construction of New castle (owner - Prince Kropotkin) in the South of the Sigulda took place from the 1878 until 1881. From 1923 - 1940 the building was the Palace of Writers, but during the Soviet years - Cardiology sanatorium. Since 2003 Sigulda district council is located there. The manor complex includes wooden house (middle of 19th century), which was Kropotkin's family home, barn (turn of the 18th - 19th century), gardener's house (19th century) and a stone fencing (19th century.) If we make our way from New Castle in a north-eastern direction, after almost 2 km we will reach Vejupite ravine. There you can see the shallow (3.6 m) but high (6.1 m) in Peter's Cave and deep Pucu ravine with Krauklupite. At the conjunction of ravines of both streams rises a Satezele hill fort (plateau 90 x 75 m), where in the beginning of 13th century was the oak castle of Liv land chief (eldest) - Dabrelis. Near can be found Krauklu gorge - ravine of Vejupite left bank, with 11 m high sandstone walls and 5.2 m deep Krauklu cave. At the conjunction of Vejupite ravine and Gauja valley columns Paradise (Gleznotaju) Hill - a very picturesque place, painted and photographed since old times! The Paradise Hill can be reached with a electric vehicle. In the west part of Sigulda is located Ferris wheel (works during the summer) and Air cableway (streetcar) - the only this type of vehicle in Baltics (built in the 1969). Its self-supporting cable extends in 1060 m length and without any support joins the Gauja River valley banks between Sigulda and Krimulda ~ 40 m above Gauja River. Here you can enjoy excellent views! In the south-western part of Sigulda one can walk to mighty Beites precipice, which is split by the deep ravine of stream. On the west side of the ravine lies Keizarskats, which is located ~ 67 m above the Gauja level and offers good views of Krimulda and Turaida castle. Sight place was arranged here already in the 1862 when Russian Tsar Alexander II visited Sigulda. In the eastern part of the ravine wooden Keizarkrēsls (Emperor Stool) is located.

N/A

The café is located right by the old brick bridge of Kuldīga and boasts a wonderful view over Ventas Rapid, the widest waterfall in Europe. Offers grilled dishes in summer, as well as burgers, steaks, shashlik and pastries.

N/A
3 days

The Liv Coastline involves a series of shoreline villages from Ovīši to Ģipka along the shores of the Baltic Sea and the Bay of Rīga.  Like Latvians, Livs are an indigenous population in Latvia, with ancestors who lived here at least 5,000 years ago.  They populated extensive parts of Kurzeme and Vidzeme, and the area in which they lived the longest was Northern Kurzeme, on the shores of the Baltic Sea.

Today visitors to the Liv Coastline mill meet real Liv fishermen, feel the aroma of smoked fish, enjoy traditional dishes, look at diverse ancient fences, learn about the reticent charm of the local landscape, enjoy the place where two seas, birds and people meet at Cape Kolka, hear the Liv dialect of the Latvian language, see rounded hillocks and swampy areas, visit the Šlītere lighthouse, and see the green-white-blue Liv flag, red bilberries, bird migration routes and blue cows.  The oldest evidence of the life of Livs can be found in the Liv centres.  The Liv language and culture are still alive in place names, handicrafts, folk costumes, and the world view and lifestyle of people who live in the area.  The Liv language and cultural values are part of Latvia's national cultural heritage, and traditional Liv culture is part of the Latvian Canon of Culture.

N/A
This lighthouse is in Ovīši, which is an ancient Livonian village. The 38-metre lighthouse on Cape Ovīši was built in 1814 and modernised in 1860, and it is the oldest functioning lighthouse in Latvia today. Visitors will get a great view of the shores of the Baltic Sea and the forests which cover them. The lighthouse also offers an exhibition devoted to the history of lighthouses in Latvia.
N/A

Atrodas t.s. Baznīcu kalnā – 18. novembra ielā 66. Apjoma ziņā – lielākais Daugavpils luterāņu dievnams, kuru cēla laikā no 1891. - 1893. g. neogotiskā stilā no sarkanajiem ķieģeļiem (arhitekts Vilhelms Neimanis). 1941. g. baznīcā izcēlās ugunsgrēks un gāja bojā lielākā daļa no tās sākotnējās iekārtas. Turpmāko divu gadu laikā baznīcu daļēji atjaunoja, taču vēlāk tajā izveidoja noliktavu u.c. baznīcai „nepiederīgas” iestādes. 1985. g. ēka vēlreiz cieta ugunsgrēkā. Pagājušā gadsimta deviņdesmito gadu sākumā uzsāka baznīcas atjaunošanas darbus, uzstādīja solus un altāri, kas ir Ogres Amatniecības vidusskolas audzēkņu darinājums.

N/A

The castle was built during the first half of the 19th century in Tudor Neo-Gothic forms.  The first owner of the castle was Baron Johann Gottlieb von Wolff.  During the 1870s and 1880s it was rebuilt in the style of French Neo-Renaissance.  The castle was burned down during the 1905 Revolution, but it was restored with certain elements of Art Nouveau forms.  Tours are available of the interior of the building.

N/A
The former communications facilities at Pļavmalas are used as a farm warehouse at this time. They belong to a local farm.
N/A
The Kauguri canal ­ dug in 1932­1933 to divert the waters of the Džukste and Slampe rivers to the Lielupe River to avoid broader emergence of swamps.
N/A

Teirumnīku purvs ir latvijas lielākā iekšzemes mitrāja - dabas lieguma "Lubāna mitrājs" sastāvdaļa, kas meklējams dienvidaustrumos no Lubāna ezera.

N/A

Das bekannteste Museum der Geschichte der Bienenzucht Litauens mit den Bienenhäusern verschidener Arte, der Arbeitsmittel der Bienenzüchter, Holzskulpturen und Hönigankauf.

N/A

Taisnā Celtnieku iela ir bijušās Liepājas – Aizputes šaursliežu dzelzceļa (celta 1900. gadā, 49 km gara) līnijas „trase”, kuras malā (Celtnieku ielā 50) redzama bijusī dzelzceļa stacijas ēka.

N/A

Lake Liepāja is shallow and eutrophic (around 40%), and it is one of the most important lakes on the shores of the Baltic Sea for nesting and migrating birds (resting and feeding place). More than 100 different species of birds have been spotted there. The lake is no less important for plants which flourish in salty biotopes. On the north-eastern shore of Lake Liepāja (Vītiņu meadow) there are flood-land plains which are the home to domestic animals which have been adapted to life in the wild. There is also a viewing tower, available upon request with the guide. The system of dams along the south-western part of the lake can be hiked or biked (extreme!) to find lots of interesting viewing areas and landscapes. In the surrounding of the lake there are ruins of unique former fortification systems.

N/A

Meklējams pie Gulbjiem – Dvietes senlejas informācijas centra. No torņa labi pārskatāma ūdeņiem bagātos pavasaros pārplūstošā Dvietes paliene, dzīvei savvaļā pielāgoto mājlopu aploki un izlīkumotā Dvietes upīte.

N/A

The craftswomen produce clay dishes, vases, candlesticks, chandeliers, garden ceramics and small objects. Clay dishes with wooden handles are interesting. The women will offer you a tour of their workshop, a chance to see them at work or to try out your own skills at the potter’s wheel, as well as to purchase objects which have already been manufactured.

N/A

This is an ancient Liv village, known as Mustanumm is the last village in the south-easterly direction, and during the mid-20th century, just a few Livonians lived there.  Of 307 inhabitants in 1935, only 15 were Livonians.  At the beginning of the 19th century, there were six farms and a lagoon here, but at the end of the century there were 63 farms.  The valley of the Baķupīte River and the sea had remnants of pilings that provided evidence about a Medieval port.  Legends say that the sea robber Trommel had a castle on the left bank of the river during the 14th century.  Sailing ships were once built in the region, as well. Two locations of cultural and historical importance in Melnsils are the ancient cult location that is the Baķi castle hill, and the castle hill of a sea pirate Trommel.

N/A

This ancient Courlandian castle hill has remnants of an ancient city.  Historical sources indicate that in 1263, the Courlandians handed the castle over to the Livonian Order without a battle and that the castle was then burned down.  The name of the place, Skābaržkalns, has to do with the name of the city, because hornbeam trees in the area were once known as grobi.

N/A

Ein 3,5 km langer Pfad quert den Viru Moos in Richtung Süd–Nord. Von einem Holzaussichtsturm eröffnet sich einen Blick auf eine typische Hochmoorlandschaft mit einigen Seen, Aushöhlungen und morastigen Stellen.

N/A
This viewing tower is on a narrow peninsula among Lake Lukna, Lake Višķi, and Lake Boltars. From it, you can see all three lakes, the hillocks of the area, as well as Ambeļi and Višķi. Come here when the bird-cherry trees are in bloom!
N/A

The Naujene castle hill is on the steep bank of the Daugava River, is up to 25 metres high and has two valleys on its sides.  Between 1275 and 1277, the master of the Livonian Order, Ernst von Ratzenburg, organised the construction of a brick castle to replace a Lettigalian wooden castle that had stood there before.  The castle had a drawbridge and an external and internal forecastle.  Until the middle part of the 16th century, the castle was the residence of one of the top officials in Dünaburg.  The forces of Ivan the Terrible sacked the castle in 1577, after which the location lost its strategic importance.  New fortifications were built in the location that is now the city of Daugavpils.  Alongside the ruins of the castle is a miniature model that helps to imagine the appearance of the location many centuries ago.  A well-appointed pathway leads from the car park to the castle hill.  The hill offers one of the loveliest views of the curvy Daugava River and its surrounding nature park.