No Name Description
N/A

Auch Königstor (Kuningavärav) genannt. Im Barockstil gebaut ist ein Teil der früheren mittelalterlichen Stadtbefestigung. Der Beginn des alten Postweges.

N/A

The building was erected during the first period of Latvian independence, and it maintained its functions for a long time.  The building is located at Tukuma Street 30.  Beginning in 1940, the post office had an automated telephone central.  The Postal Service no longer uses it, and the building can only be viewed from the outside.

N/A
The Apakšceļs road – a lonely, forested and ancient road between Košrags and Dūmele, with lots of interesting stories about the old Pitragupe windmill, which never did grind any grain (the foundations are still there), and about the boiler of a wrecked ship which a local baron used to produce tar. This used to be a horse path which crossed the Bažas swamp. The great rock of Dūmele is impressive, indeed.
N/A

To the North-west from the Pitrags Baptist church (in the direction of the sea) is a fishing and farming homestead, Kurgati, which was established in the 1930s.  This brought new building elements to the Liv Shore – a split roof end which was not typical of buildings in Liv villages.

N/A
The Cemetery of the Brethren of Lāčukrogs offers a final resting place to men who fell during World War I.
N/A
Swedish scanst (Kuce Hill, Jumprava Hill). Medieval fortification. The monument of national meaning is located in the village Stari 450 m from Atspuki mill, 70 mto the Southeast from the ruins of Jumpravmuiža. The territory is 0,7 – 1 m deep outside and 1 – 1,5 m high inside. The new road to the ruins of Jumpravmuiža leads through the West side of the fortification.
N/A

Near the place where the Kilmiņupe River flows into the sea is the legendary Trommel castle hill, which was a Medieval fortification.  It is some 100 m from the Kraujas homestead.  An archaeological dig in 1977 found fragments of bricks and pot-bellied stoves, which suggests that the fortifications date back to the Middle Ages.  The location also is linked to stories about a pirate, Trommel, who buried his loot here.  The holes in the area have been left behind by treasure hunters.  Trommel supposedly robbed ships in the Bay of Rīga from the shores of Kurzeme to Roņu Island.  Many ships docked here in ancient times, waiting for better winds so that they could pass by Cape Kolka.  The pirate made use of this fact, also pillaging property from sunken ships.  It is said that Trommel lived in a stone castle. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

Grūti iedomāties, ka vēl joprojām Eiropā ir apdzīvotas vietas, kuru sasniegšanai ir labu laika sprīdi jābrauc pa neapdzīvotu mežu ieskautu smilšainu ceļu, kur tikai paretam var redzēt kādu sēņotāju vai ogotāju! Tāpat kā Zervinos ciemam, arī šim ir piešķirts kultūras mantojuma pieminekļa statuss, jo Linežeris ir viens no dažiem nacionālā parka etnogrāfiskajiem ciemiem. Linežerī ir aplūkojamas 19. – 20. gs. mijā celtās ēkas un apskatāms tā laika ciema plānojums. Šejieniešu tāpat kā citu dzūku galvenā nodarbošanās bija mežistrāde un meža velšu vākšana. Nelielā mērā – arī lauksaimniecība. Apceļojot nacionālā parka etnogrāfiskos ciemus, rodas pamatots jautājums: „Ar ko mūsdienās te nodarbojas cilvēki. Kā viņi spēj dzīvot tik nomaļā vietā”? Jāatzīst, ka lielākā daļa te ierodas tikai vasaras laikā. Neskatoties uz to, etnogrāfiskie ciemi ir ļoti sakopti un joprojām „dzīvi”!

N/A
The site of the Oak tree of love, which was once a symbol of the growth of Ķemeri on the left bank of the Vēršupīte.
N/A

In Metsanurme Village Centre you can see restored old threshing barn, limestone barn oven and few tools that were used ages ago. You could be also interested in seeing an outdoor exhibition which focuses on historical agricultural tools. All of this is made to look interesting to not only locals but also visitors.

N/A

The cosy land road along the sea is 1 km long, and it offers a look at the wonderful aspects of the village.  To the right are rocks from the sea, as well as miniature flower gardens on the seashore with tempting benches and overturned boats.  On the side of the shore is the Kaltene library, which is more than 100 years ago.  It was initially a summer home for Baron Nolken, and it was built in 1899.  Later it was rebuilt several times and took on new roles.  An elementary school was installed here in 1926, after which it became a club and then, in 1992, a primary school once again.  The path runs along beautiful seashore homesteads, among which one can find the former homes of old fishermen and ship builders such as Burliņi.  At one time, the Žulnieki portage at Smilgas was the site of  the kiln of blacksmith Pēteris Valdemārs.  He was the main blacksmith for ships between Kaltene and Upesgrīve. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

 The Lašu castle hill is 0.2 km from the Vecumnieki-Ilūkste road at Laši. It is an ancient Selonian castle hill, and it was populated between the 1st millennium BC and the 10th or 12th century. Very little remains of the old Veclaši (Tiesenhausen) Estate, which had an impressive mansion designed in the Neo-Gothic style in the late 19th century. What remains are an ancillary building, the foundations of the mansion, fragments of the gates, and a park. Until 1920, the estate belonged to the Pshezdzetski dynasty, and before that it was owned by the Tiesenhausen and Fittinghoff dynasties. Before visiting the location, look for photographs of the old mansion on the Internet. Sadly, the important cultural monument has not experienced any major improvements over the past 20 years.

 

N/A

Atrodas 0,3 km ziemeļos no Vecpiebalgas pilsdrupām. Ap 10 m augsto, bet visnotaļ izteiksmīgo Grišku kalnu sauc arī par Piebalgas, Balgas un Veļķu pilskalnu. 13. gs. šeit bijusi svarīga apmetnes vieta ar mākslīgi nostāvinātām nogāzēm un dziļu aizsarggrāvi. Vēstures notikumi ir atstājuši ap metru biezu kultūrslāni. Bezlapu laikā no kalna paveras skats uz Vecpiebalgas baznīcu un pilsdrupu vietu. Pilskalna piekājē ir aka ar Griškavotu.

N/A

The memorial stone to Augusts Muižulis,a recipient of the Lāčplēsis Military Order, is placed in the Lapmežciems, at the edge of the road (P 128, Jūrmala-Talsi) at the marker for the 9th kilometre. A. Muižulis, (189 –1941) was a lieutenant colonel in the No. 4 Valmiera Infantry Brigade. The adjacent Tuteņi homestead is his native home.

N/A

(V-1279) linked Kuldīga and Alsunga before a new road was built.  The lovely gravel road weaves through forests and farmland.  During appropriate weather, it can be used as an alternative road to learn about the landscapes of the Suiti region.  You can also bike down the road.

N/A

Setomaa in South-East Estonia is a unique area for its people (the Seto) and culture. The historic location in the borderland between East and West, straddling two languages and cultures has shaped the local language, life style, clothes and food. A very specific type of singing – leelo – is incorporated in the UNESCO list of Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Visitors are advised to follow the Seto Külävüü route from Võõpsu to Luhamaa through many villages to better understand the area.
Traditional Seto food is found at Seto Teahouse (tsäimaja) (+372 505 4673, www.setomuuseum.ee) in Värska and at Taarka Tarõ in the Seto Community Centre in Obinitsa (+372 5620 3374, http://taarkatare.com). Catering for groups should be booked in advance, cultural shows can also be booked.

N/A

Die Straße führt durch die ehemaligen Fischerdörfer. Eine bessere Radfahr-Alternative auf der Strecke zwischen Häädemeeste und Ainaži.

N/A

Tiek uzskatīta par vecāko alus darītavu Ziemeļeiropā. Tā tika uzcelta 1878. gadā, un tās pirmais īpašnieks bija grāfs Emanuels fon Zīverss (Sievers), Cēsu pils muižas saimnieks. Savukārt 1922. gadā alus darītavu pārpirka Cēsu uzņēmēji un sāka tur ražot arī vīnu, sulas un minerālūdeni. Uzņēmums "Cēsu alus" šeit alu un atspirdzinošus dzērienus ražoja no 1976. līdz 2001. gadam, bet šobrīd tas ir pārcēlies uz jaunām telpām.  Šobrīd ēkā tiek organizētas dažādas izstādes, kā arī ēku var apskatīt no ārpuses.

N/A

Temple Hill is steep (with artificially created steepness) and about 30 m high, and it is opposite Marijas Island.  It is an ancient Lettigalian castle hill, 80 m long and 40 m wide, with several artificial ramparts.  One of the oldest objects found in the region is an axe from the 2nd to 3rd millennium BC.   Archaeologists believe that the island was populated at that time.  There was a Lettigalian castle on the hill during the 10th and 11th century, but it was sacked by the Holy Crusade.  The surface of the castle hill was transformed comparatively recently in 1807, when a granite rotunda was built there in honour of Russian Field Marshall Sheremetev and Swedish captain Wulff.  The view of Lake Alūksne and the town is one of the most beautiful ones in all Vidzeme.  The Sun Bridge (1937) is also worth a look.  A wooden viewing platform is nearby.

N/A

Lullemē atrodas blakus parka robežai, bet arī šo vietu ir vērts pieminēt kā vienu no apskates objektiem. Lullemē uzmanību piesaista viena otrai blakus stāvošās baznīcas. Mūsdienās redzamās 15. gs. celtās Sv. Marijas baznīcas drupas ir liecinieks 2. pasaules kara notikumiem, kad 1944. g. baznīcu sagrāva. Jaunā baznīca ir celta 1997. gadā. Ciema rietumdaļā uzstādīts piemineklis, kas veltīts brīvības cīņās (1919. – 1920.) kritušajiem.