No Name Description
N/A
The Miervaldis Ķemers Museum (Durbes street 21) is dedicated to a well known cultural worker in Latvia (1902­1980) who was also a clergyman and a painter.
N/A
The Museum of Francis Trasuns „Kolnasāta”. The museum of the promoter of Latgalian revival, prominent cultural worker, pastor and politician F. Trasuns (1864 – 1926) was established in his house „Kolnasāta”. There is also an exposition about Jānis Klīdzējs; a collection of old household items. „Kolnasāta” is the place of many cultural events in Latgale.
Working hours: Mon– Fri : 8.00 - 16.00, Sat., Sunday : on request
N/A
The Lapmežciems Museum features information about the history of the local parish, its school and its fishing industry. There are also exhibits featuring World War I battles near Klapkalnciems which involved Finnish soldiers. The museum also organises theme­based exhibitions. Alongside it is a memorial rock for the politically repressed.
N/A

Atrodas Grāfu Plāteru parkā, blakus Krāslavas jaunajai pilij. Tas izvietojies vienā no 18. gs. celtajām muižas saimniecības ēkām. Muzeja ekspozīcija ir veidota interesantā veidā – 17 m garā laivā, kas (laiva ar pieciem airiem) ir pilsētas ģerbonis. Muzeja krājums iepazīstina ar Krāslavas novada vēsturi, sākot no akmens laikmeta līdz mūsdienām. Muzejā tiek organizētas Krāslavas mākslinieku izstādes.

N/A

Atrodas Bauskas centrā, Kalna iela 6. Muzeja piedāvājumā ir ekspozīcija „Bauska laikā un cilvēki Bauskā 20 gs., pastaiga un atraktīvs piedzīvojums”.

N/A
This collection contains bicycles from five different armies and five different eras in the history of Latvia. They include a World War I bicycle from the Russian Empire, a bicycle from the Latvian army, two World War II German bicycles, and a Monark-brand military bicycle from Sweden that was donated to the renewed Latvian army in the 1990s. The exhibition also features items that are related to the use of military bicycles – seals, awards, and information about the bicycle units of Latvia’s Home Guard. This is the only bicycle museum in Latvia, and its exhibits are unique, as well.
N/A

Ethnographic and household storage in Sarkaņi offers craft tools collection, furniture and household collection, 19th and the end of the 20th century living room furnishings, and the exhibition dedicated to Madona countrymen. (Source: Madona TIC)

N/A

The watermill was built in the 1880s; its machinery comes from the 1930s and is still in good working order. The miller starts the turbine when visitors arrive so they can see the entire process of grinding grain into flour, manna or pearls. The Miller´s wife then treats you to a hot bun and drink. Holidays of the Estonian national calendar are celebrated with special events at the mill.

N/A

This farm is where the Latvian author Rūdolfs Blaumanis (1863-1908), founder of modern dramaturgy in Latvia, lived and worked.  The farm has been restored, and it is a typical leased farm in Vidzeme with eight wooden buildings.  Educational events and tours are available, featuring family celebrations, the mischief of little imps, and farm work.  You can taste Latvian porridge, pancakes, tea, and wine “from the sweet bottle.”

N/A

Located at Pils Street 25A in Alūksne, this is a building that was initially a trade pavilion and was built in the early 20th century.  The Ernst Glück Bible Museum was established in 1990 as the only museum of its type in Latvia and the Baltic States.  Glück (1652-1705) was a pastor and educator who was the first to translate the Bible into Latvian.  The exhibition features various editions of the Bible from 1694 to the present day in 38 languages, along with books of sermons and other examples of Christian literature.

N/A

Das einzige Museum solcher Art im Baltikum. Das Ziel des Museums besteht darin, die Mensch(und litauisches Volk)-Kosmos-Beziehung zu zeigen. Ausbildungsprogramme, mythologische Steine.

N/A

On the banks of the Venta River is a treasure of wooden architecture – the so-called Bangerts Villa, which relates to romantic stories and legends and was recently restored.  It is said that a man known as Captain Bangerts bought the villa as a gift to present to his Parisian bride.  The Kuldīga Administrative District Museum has been in the building since 1940.  Since reconstruction, unique wall paintings and other interior design details have been restored, and the flat of the Bangerts family allows people to see how wealthy residents of the city lived in the early 20th century.  Also on display are some of the sets of playing cards that have been collected by Jānis Mētra.

N/A

Countryside life open-air museum. Various historical county buildings, everyday life tools, traditions etc.

N/A
Local History Museum of Nautrēni. Permanent exposition of the local history of the district, school and parish.
Working hours: on request
N/A

Jānis Čakste (1859-1927) was Latvia’s first president (1922-1927), and he began to build a house for himself in 1924.  In 1999, in honour of the 140th anniversary of the president’s birth, an exhibition was unveiled about his life, work and family.  Čakste’s office can be toured, and artists from Jelgava exhibit their works at the museum, as well.

N/A

“Airītes” is a museum found at the place where the first commander of the Latvian Armed Forces, Col Oskars Kalpaks and other Latvian soldiers (including three officers) fell during a battle on March 6, 1919.  The public donated money in 1920 to build a monument, and it was unveiled on September 3, 1922.  In 1935, work began on a building that was proposed by the Col Kalpaks Battalion organisation, the plan being to exhibit items related to Kalpaks’ battles.  It was opened a year later.  The monument was destroyed during the Soviet era, and the building housed a post office and some flats.  The memorial was restored during the national Renaissance in 1988 and 1989, and on November 11, 1990, the museum was reopened.  During renovations in 2007, the second floor burned down.  The museum and exhibition were renewed in 2013.  The exhibits speak to Kalpaks’ life during World War I and Latvia’s liberation battles.  Employees regularly organise commemorative events in honour of Kalpaks, as well as celebrations of Lāčplēsis (Veterans’) Day.

N/A

The late 19th C saw an increase in the development of dairy products in Estonia. The Dairy Museum was established in 1976 to preserve, research and exhibit the history of dairy production. Collections are exhibited both indoors and outdoors, our programmes are very popular and guided tours for groups are available on request.

N/A

Die größte Bernsteinausstellung im Baltikum (seit 1963) mit Bernsteineinschlüssen. Ist die Bedeutung des Bernsteins in der Geschichte des baltischen Völkern wiedergespiegelt. Das Museum ist in einem dem Grafen Tyszkiewicz (1865 – 1932) gehörteten Schloss (gebaut 1897) eingerichtet.

N/A

Karaims are a small nation of Turkish decent who practise The Karaim religion which started developing around 8th century in Persia. Their language is still used in modern-day Lithuania. In the museum there are rooms not only dedicated to Lithuanian Karaite communities but also Poland's and Ukraine's.

N/A

It is the bicycle collection of father and son Jānis and Guntis Seregins, which is the only collection of antique bicycles in Latvia. They have been collecting cycles since 1977 when they joined the Antique Automobile Club and became fascinated with Latvia’s cycling traditions. The collection’s core is formed from technically unusual bicycles. In total, the museum has approximately 70 Latvian-made and used bicycles. Besides bicycles there are many other pieces of cycling ephemera relating to sport, cycle clubs and bicycle production. The museum has an extensive collection of bicycle brands, bringing together 1000 badges from all over the world. Guided excursions available.