No Name Description
N/A

1744. gadā celtā mūra baznīca gāja bojā 2. pasaules kara laikā – 1941. un 1945. gadā. Šobrīd pēc draudzes vadītāja iniciatīvas noris tās atjaunošanas un konservēšanas darbi. Ēkas (bez jumta) iekšpusē novietoti soli un notiek dievkalpojumi. Vieta interesanta ar faktu, ka šeit par mācītāju strādājis Jukums Baumanis – Joahims Baumans (1712 – 1759), kas izdevis Vecā Stendera darbus.

N/A

Located in the southern part of Feimaņi, the church was built between 1756 and 1760. The local estate was owned by the Korff dynasty, and the denomination of the congregation changed when the family converted from Lutheranism to Catholicism.  This church has the largest number of artistic monuments among all churches in the Rēzekne Administrative District, including a confessional bench, pews, an organ prospectus, silver cups and three altar wood engravings from the 18th century.  Above the gate is a bell tower with four bells.  During Holy Week, clappers are used instead of bells.  They are about 2 m long and 1 m high and are reminiscent of ancient laundry rolls.  Feimaņi is also home to one of three flag workshops in Latvia, and it has state-of-the-art equipment.  The flag of Latgale was “born” here in ideological and physical terms.

N/A
St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church of Ciskādi was built approximately in 1990. The brick building is an example of Romanesque style. The church has a specific icon called „Madonna and the child”, crucifix and the organ.
N/A

Meklējama Gosporos, starp Rīgas – Daugavpils šoseju (A 6) un Daugavu. Apjomā nelielais dievnams būvēts 1820. gadā romāņu stilā no laukakmeņiem senas kapsētas vietā. Tuvāk Daugavai ir izveidota aka, no kuras iztek Svētavots, kam piedēvē dziednieciskas īpašības. Pie baznīcas novietots dobumakmens.

N/A

Located at 10 Sēravotu Street. The historicism style building is built from wood in 1889 and it is the newest of the three churches in Ķemeri. It is possible to see the church from the inside on the days of worship services. On other days-from the outside.

N/A

The first wooden Catholic church in Dagda was built in 1705, while the church that is seen today was built in the Baroque style during the latter half of the 18th century, the work financed by a local nobleman.  Important interior elements include the altar, the pulpit, the organ, a monument to the Hilsen dynasty, etc.  To the North of the church is historical Dagda itself, with typical red brick buildings from the early 20th century that are known as the former homes of Jewish merchants.

 

N/A
Holy Jesus Heart Roman Catholic Church of Bikova (Gaigalava). Enjoy the Gothic forms and architectural design of the church. The church and the altar are decorated with the icons of Zebedee sons – James and John (the apostles of Jesus) and other saints.
N/A

Meklējama pilsētas centrā - Tirgus laukumā 11. Dievnams uzcelts 1886. g. Ēkā atrodas vairāki nozīmīgi mākslas pieminekļi – gleznas, krucifikss (18. gs.) u.c. Baznīcas dārzā apskatāma skulptūra “Latgales māte” (tēlnieks B. Buls) un piemineklis politiski represēto piemiņai (tēlniece V. Dzintare). Baznīca ir apskatāma arī no iekšpuses.

N/A

The church was built between 1742 and 1578 after a design by J.K. Dorn and for the needs of the local German congregation.  The 55 metre steeple was completed only in 1866.  The façade and interior of the church are in the style of late Baroque and Classicism (with elegant Rococo elements inside the church).  The church is known for the organ that was built by H.A. Koncius between 1773 and 1780.  Since a reconstruction in 1885, the instrument has more than 7,000 pipes, 131 registers and four manuals.  It is suggested that it is the largest mechanical organ in the world, and its sound is just wonderful.  Visitors can visit the church, examine the organ and climb the steeple.

N/A

The church was built in 1835, and its greatest treasure is the organ, which was built by Karl Bittner in 1854.  The manse is being restored.  Boats are available for rental.

N/A

Atrodas ciema ziemeļdaļā. Neliela vienstāvu ēka ar svaigi nomainītu jumtu. Pēc vieniem avotiem celta 1883. gadā, citiem – pamatakmens ielikts 1933. g. 1. maijā. Tā tapusi pēc vietējo iedzīvotāju ziedojumiem uz Pirču māju zemes (saimnieks zemi atdevis dievnama celtniecībai). Baznīcas iekārta 2. pasaules kara laikā gāja bojā, tādēļ mūsdienās redzamā ir tapusi 20. gs. otrajā pusē.

N/A

One of the most unusual houses of worship in the national park, this one has a red brick tower, and together with local residential buildings it makes up an interesting cultural landscape.  The prayer house is not open to the public.

N/A
Sts. Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church of Ozolmuiža was built in 1820 by the foundation of counts Plāteri-Zībergi. It is a stone building with a small bell tower. The church has a huge stone altar with four columns and a massive cross. It is a monument of state importance.
N/A
Ismeri Old-Believers Prayer House was built in 1912 by the donations of local people. The parish of Ismeri exists since 1861.
N/A

The Rēzekne Old Believer Prayer House of St Nicholas is in the southern part of the city, at Siņicina Street 4. The house of worship was built in 1895 and rebuilt in 1906. Its tower has three silver and brass bells (restored), and one of them is thought to be the largest bell in Latvia (4,832 kg with a tongue that weighs 200 kg in and of itself). Alongside is a museum which features the cultural and religious environment of the Old Believers.

N/A
Kampišķi Old-Believers Prayer House was reconstructed in 1931 by architect V. Šervinskis. The building is very high and spacious; has two cells and a rectangular belltower with the cross on the top.
N/A

It is said that after a shipwreck near Cape Kolka, a rescued Danish tradesman financed the building of a church in Kolka in thanks for his rescue.  There are several churches in Kolka which have changed their location.  The stone worship house that can be seen today has foundations that were laid by the former owner of the Dundaga Estate, Karl Ludwig Ferdinant von der Osten-Zaken.  The church was built at or near the site of an old wooden church which suffered much damage during the Crimean War.  The work on the church was begun by builder Oto Zīverts in 1885 on the basis of a design by the architect T. Zeiler.  During the Soviet era, the church was vandalised, and a warehouse was installed there.  It is worth looking at the modernist altar painting by Helēna Heinrihsone.  It is said that there is no similar painting in any other church.  Before the painting was hung, a cross hung at its location.

N/A
Kulnevskaya (Ilzeskalns) Orthodox Church was built in 1832 by Kulnevs, the landlord of Ilzenberg (Ilzeskalns) manor house. He was also the brother of Jacob Kulnevs. The Church has an iconostasis with icons of the 19th century. The rectangular building has semicircular niches at its sides. The members of Kulnevs family are buried here. The place of tomb is a rare phenomenon in Orthodox churches of Latvia.
N/A

Atrodas Daugavas prospektā 10, starp Rīgas – Daugavpils šoseju (A 6) un Kalēju ielu. Dievnams celts laikā no 1931. - 1933. g. (arhitekts: Pēteris Kundziņš). Padomju gados tajā bija izvietota Latvijas Valsts bibliotēkas grāmatu glabātava. Pateicoties draudzes aktivitātēm 1989. g., ēku atjaunoja. Tagad tā kalpo savam pamatmērķim.

N/A

Līdz 18. gs. šajā vietā bija koka baznīca, kamēr 1798. g. uzcēla mūra baznīcu, kas cieta 1. pasaules karā, bet 2. pasaules kara laikā to uzspridzināja. Tikai pusgadsimtu vēlāk - 1991. gadā tika uzsākti atjaunošanas darbi, kas joprojām turpinās. Tagad redzamais dievnams ir iepriekšējā līdzinieks.