No Name Description
N/A

Ein hervorragendes Sakralensemble im Barockstil (17 – 18 Jh.), eine Kirche und ein tätiger Nonnenkloster.

N/A

Located at 10 Sēravotu Street. The historicism style building is built from wood in 1889 and it is the newest of the three churches in Ķemeri. It is possible to see the church from the inside on the days of worship services. On other days-from the outside.

N/A

Atrodas pilsētas centrā, Atbrīvošanas alejā 98. Dievnamu sāka celt 1840. g. (iesvētīja 1846. g.) un tas uzskatāms par pilsētas vecāko sakrālo būvi. Nekvalitatīvu būvniecības materiālu izmantošana un cēlāju pieredzes trūkums bija iemesls, kādēļ 1854. g. to nācās pārbūvēt. Pie baznīcas atrodas 1867. g. būvēta Sv. A. Ņevska kapliča, kas veltīta cara Aleksandra II paglābšanās faktam vilciena katastrofā un stikla mauzolejs, kurā apbedīts baznīcas mecenāts ģenerālis Karaulovs (šobrīd tiek restaurēts). Dievnams ir atvērts arī apmeklētājiem.

N/A

1.2 km to the south of the centre of Ģipka and on the side of the Jūrmala-Kolka road (P131), this church makes it hard to believe that the rock church was built very recently – after 1992, because it was burned down during the Soviet occupation in 1979.  Ironically, the Dundaga forestry fire safety post was housed in the steeple of the church after World War II.  The ornate altar and organ were destroyed in the fire, but the altar painting, “Christ on the Cross,” was saved.  The church is now once again open for business.

N/A

Церковь строилась с 1909 по 1913 год. Качество красного кирпича, используемого в строительстве храма, было плохим, поэтому с 1939 года заменено около 60 000 кирпичей! Храм считается одним из самых внушительных сакральных строений Латвии. В строительстве церкви применены декоративные элементы неоготического стиля, а в интерьере - алтарь, кафедра, хоры органа, молитвенные скамейкии изготовленные в наши дни исповедальни созданы в готических формах. Орган строился в 1931 году. Храм пострадал во время Первой мировой войны и был восстановлен в 1921 году. Осмотр церкви рекомендуется проводить в сопровождении гида.

N/A

Construction of the church began in 1830 thanks to money donated by nobleman Ludvigs Šabanskis.  The Baroque stone church is surrounded by a restored stone fence, and inside there are icons including "Heart of Jesus," "Christ's Suffering," and "St Joseph."  The church is not open to the public on a daily basis.

N/A
Štikāni Old-Believers Prayer House. The construction works of the church were held in 40s of the 20 th century on the site of the previous church built by brothers Rogozini. You should see Gospel (the protected art object).
N/A

Mūsdienās redzamais iespaidīgais dievnams tapis ilgākā laika posmā. Jau 1870. g. latviešu draudze sāka vākt ziedojumus neogotiskās baznīcas celtniecībai, ko pabeidza 1904. gadā (V. Neimaņa projekts). Ēkas iekšpusi rotā dekoratīvi zvaigžņu velvju griesti, bet tās altārdaļā izvietotasmākslinieka J. Šķērstena veidotās vitrāžas (1940. g.) un 17. gs. kristāmtrauks. Baznīcu ieskauj plašs dārzs.

N/A

During restorations of the tower of the Kolka Lutheran church in the 1990s, a document was found which spoke to the conversion of many Livs to the Orthodox faith.  The document was placed in the tower in 1885, when the church was being constructed, and it says that the decision by Livs to join the Orthodox church was based not on faith, "but instead as a resource for accessing advantages in relation to land."  The Orthodox congregation purchased land from a local aristocrat in 1885, and in 1990, a church, manse and school were built on the land.  All three buildings have survived to the present day.  The church has its own congregation, and worship services are held once a month.  There are news to show that Kolka is the only Liv shoreline village in which an Orthodox church was built during the 1890s.  The church's bell dates back to 1936.  During the Soviet era, the church was used as a mortuary, but today its original functions have been restored to it.

N/A

On sunny days, this white church absolutely sparkles. It is in the southern section of the village and can be seen from a great distance. Jesuits built the first wooden church at this location in 1759 in honour of St Peter and St Paul. The church that is there today was built nearly a century-and-a-half later, in 1893. The interior can be visited during worship services. Interred in the yard of the church is the Lithuanian pastor and wood carver Antons Rimovičs (1865-1933). The congregation building is opposite the church.

N/A

The first Catholic church in Ludza was built in 1687 and burned down.  A new wooden Baroque church was built in 1738, and because of its colourful interior it became known as the loveliest wooden house of worship in Latvia.  The church burned down during a great conflagration in 1938.  Work on the church that is there began in 1939, but it was only completed in the early 1990s.

N/A

The church was built between 1742 and 1578 after a design by J.K. Dorn and for the needs of the local German congregation.  The 55 metre steeple was completed only in 1866.  The façade and interior of the church are in the style of late Baroque and Classicism (with elegant Rococo elements inside the church).  The church is known for the organ that was built by H.A. Koncius between 1773 and 1780.  Since a reconstruction in 1885, the instrument has more than 7,000 pipes, 131 registers and four manuals.  It is suggested that it is the largest mechanical organ in the world, and its sound is just wonderful.  Visitors can visit the church, examine the organ and climb the steeple.

N/A

Celta ~ 1560. g. vietā, kur agrāk atradusies Sakas osta. Dievnamā apskatāms > 170 gadus vecs kuģa modelis. Vietējie ticēja, kas tas aizsargā jūrniekus un bojāejas. Šāda tradīcija Latvijā ir novērojama tikai dažās baznīcās. Baznīcu var apskatīt arī no iekšpuses.

N/A

Since the 1970s, these ruins have been on a small (100 m long) island that is part of the reservoir of the Rīga hydroelectric power plant.  The island is named after St Meinhard and the ruins are part of the oldest stone building in Latvia.  Work on the church began in 1184, but it was rebuilt and sacked several times, most recently in 1916.  The ruins have been conserved and are protected by a metal cover.  The shores of the island have been strengthened.  The 10 metre metal cross on the island was designed by E. Samovičs, while the stone altar was sculpted by J. Karlobs.

N/A

Celta 1933. g. vietējai brāļu draudzei. Baznīcā atrodas glezna “Kristus” (1850. g.) un Liepājas meistara Jēkaba Jauģieša 1920. g. darinātās ērģeles. Mūsdienās dievnamu izmanto Bārtas draudze. Pie baznīcas novietots akmens apkaimes represētajiem iedzīvotājiem.

N/A

Lai arī dievnama pirmsākumi meklējami 18. gs. sākumā, tā celtniecību (arhitekts Johanns Eduards de Vite) pabeidza viena gada laikā 1834. – 1835. g. (vēlīnā klasicisma stils). Būvniecības darbus finansēja Krievijas cars. Gan baznīcas atrašanās piejūrā, gan arī tās nosaukums liecina, ka tā celta, godinot Svēto Nikolaju, kas ir visu jūrnieku un zvejnieku aizbildnis. Baznīca apskatāma arī no iekšpuses, kur uzmanība jāpievērš ērģelēm un altārgleznai (1888. g.).

N/A

The Krāslava Catholic Church was built between 1755 and 1767 after a design by the Italian architect A. Paracco, and it is considered to be Latgale’s most outstanding Baroque monument. The interior can be toured, and you can also visit the restored cemetery where members of the Plater family of noblemen are buried.

N/A

This is one of the most outstanding Catholic churches in Latvia.  The current building was built in 1761 in the Polish Baroque style.  The interior from the 18th century is original and very ornate.  Each year there are spiritual music events and Polish cultural festivals here.  The guide will give you a tour of the church and of other tourism destinations along the frontier line of the EU (please be sure to bring along your passport!).

N/A
Roman Catolic Church of Puša was built in 1743. Financed by Count Šadurskis; managed by Jesuits mission. There is on organ and 3 altars in the church.
N/A

The church was built during the rule of Baron Otto Hermann von Fittinghof and built between 1781 and 1788 by the architect Christoph Haberland.  Built in the style of Classicism, the church has elements of the Baroque style and a set of colourful rocks in a mosaic on the façade.  The organ was built in 1855 by August Martin, and the bell was evacuated to Russia during World War I.  The congregation replaced it with a much older bell (1530).  The altar painting, “Baptism of Christ” was pained by an unknown artist and was restored in 2000.  During the mid-19th century, there were many Estonians in the congregation, so worship services were held in Estonian, too.  The church was restored in 1934, and now it dominates the city with its 55.5 m high tower.