| No | Name | Description |
|---|---|---|
|
The Alantos Estate is in the village of Naujasodžio, and it was built in the style of Neo-Classicism in the 19th century. The estate is surrounded by a park with many types of trees, as well as a set of ancillary buildings. The mansion is reminiscent of an Italian villa, and the Neo-Romantic park has alleys of trees and three ponds of various sizes. The trees were planted so that over the course of time, their trunks would grow together to ensure mighty crowns. Alongside the park are a few gazebos, an obelisk that stands a few metres high, as well as white marble sculptures of Venus and Jupiter. |
||
|
The origins of the castle date back to 1237. The closed yard that was typical of Medieval castles has been preserved. The interior took on its Historicism design in the mid-19th century, but there are also more ancient elements such as the gate tower, the basic walls, the firing apertures, the vaulted structures, the window apertures, etc. The Jēkabpils Museum of History was installed in the castle in 1994, and it can be toured in the company of a guide or an audio guide. |
||
|
The Eversmuiža Estate is in the centre of Cibla and is dominated by a 1680 mansion that was built in the style of Classicism and was rebuilt several times later. There is a home for servants, a gatehouse and ancillary buildings that are in poor shape. A stone wall surrounds the park of the estate. Since the 17th century and for nearly two centuries, the estate belonged to an aristocratic Polish family, after it was owned by various others. Today the mansion houses a boarding school and the Cibla Regional Research Museum, which offers tours. A cultural and historical trail runs along the banks of the Ilža River. |
||
|
The Bebrene Estate features an ensemble of Baroque buildings from the late 19th and early 20th century. The dominant building is the mansion of Count Plater-Sieberg, which was built in 1896 after a design by the architect L.J.L. Marconi. It is home to the Bebrene High School today. Surviving to the present day are the ornate gate and the unusual stone fence of the estate. The regular-design park which surrounds the mansion features a wealth of foreign trees. |
||
|
The New Cēsis Castle (Pils Square 9) was built in 1777 as a residence for Karl Eberhard von Zievers, and it is home to the Cēsis Museum of History and Art, which was opened in 1949. The building has a neo-Gothic tower decorated with curved arcades and window apertures. It is one of the first examples of eclecticism in Latvian architecture. Beginning in 2012, the museum will feature a modern exhibition under the title "Latvia: Symbol of Latvian History." This will be an interactive exhibition featuring the history of Cēsis and its environs since the era of the Vendians and up to the early 20th century. There will be sections on the history of the Latvian flag, the lives of the Zievers dynasty, and the family's great contributions toward the development of Cēsis. The third and fourth floors of the castle are dedicated to temporary exhibitions, and there is a special room there for families and children. The tower of the castle offers the best view of the Cēsis Castle ruins, the old town, and St John's Lutheran church. |
||
|
The estate owned by the dynasty of Baron Osten-Zaken was rebuilt in 1856 and 1857, because the old estate was sacked during the Crimean War (1853-1856). At the beginning of the war, British warships bombarded Latvia's shoreline and ships with the purpose of scaring the Russian tsar. Some of the gunfire hit Kolka, which was part of the Russian Empire at that time. After the estate was destroyed, the so-called White House was built there with a series of ancillary buildings. A mantel chimney was installed on the second floor, and it was used to smoke wild game (the chimney is still there). The estate belonged to the aristocrats until 1919, when its last owner, Christian von Osten-Zaken, was shot in Tukums. An elementary school, known as the Kolka School, was installed in the White House in 1929. It remained open until 1961, when a new school was built. Crafts lessons were offered at the building until 1989, at which time it was known as the Old School or the Small School. In 1991, the Old School was taken over by the Faculty of Biology of the University of Latvia, and it has been used for summer internships for students ever since 1994. |
||
|
Находится ~ в 1 км на восток от центра Априки. Дворец господской усадьбы (стиль барокко) строился с 1742 по 1745 гг., а башня неоготического стиля как пристройка возводилась в конце XIX века. На фронтоне главного фасада дворца выполнен рельеф из песчаника с гербом родов баронов Остен – Сакенов и Корфов, который является самым роскошным элементом среди подобного рода имений Латвии. В здании сохранились и первоначальные элементы интерьера (осматриваются в сопровождении гида) – дверные створки, расписанная голландская печь, оконные дубовые ставни, коробки, чеканные металлические детали и паркет. В комплекс господской усадьбы входит дом управляющего, дом прислуги, хозяйственные постройки и парк. С 1920 года во дворце господской усадьбы действует школа и устроен музей края, который непременно следует посетить! Сейчас в музее выставлена коллекция этикеток производимого в Латвии хлеба. В 1901 году господскую усадьбу приобрел Карл Густав Маннергейм (1867 - 1951), который был президентом государства Финляндии и легендарным автором системы фортификации линий Маннергейма - Зимняя война (1939 - 1940). |
||
|
Der Stützpunkt des Livländischen Ordens. Der Bau der Burg war eine Strafe für Ortsbewohner. Die Burg wurde nach dem Befehl des Dänischen Königs Frederik der II 1576 vernichtet. |
||
|
Dabiskā zemesragā starp Lielo un Mazo Ludzas ezeru 14. gs. beigās slejās seno latgaļu koka pils, kuras vietā Livonijas ordenis uzcēla Latgales varenāko mūra pili. Tā bija iespaidīga trīsstāvu celtne kvadrāta formā ar sešiem torņiem, trīs vārtiem un divām priekšpilīm. Pēc krievu iebrukuma Latgalē 1481. g., Ludzas pili atjaunoja 1525. g. 1654. g. to atkal izposta Krievijas cara Alekseja Mihailoviča karaspēks. Jau 18. gs. no pils bija palikušas tikai drupas, kas arī mūsdienās ir ļoti iespaidīgas un ainaviskas (ar skatu uz Lielo Ludzas ezeru un baznīcu torņiem). |
||
|
„Zaļmuiža” (Green Manor) is notable because of its legendary past. The protector of peasants and poet Peter
Miglinīks (1850 – 1883) worked there as a clerk in the beginning of the 19th century. In 1784, the building belonged
to Frederick von Korf. The manor was bought by officer of Russian army Nikolaj Paulin von Rosenschild. Once
the manor had a large farm (800 ha): several cattle-sheds, fruit and wine cellars, alcohol brewery. Now there in
only a manor house and a barn. Till 1960s, the manor house was the centre of kolkhoz „Liesma”, later the club.
Now there is a smithy of a craftsman Jānis Ļubka. Guests are welcome to watch and try the metal processing.
|
||
|
Šī vairāk ir uzskatāma par vēsturisku vietu, nekā tūrisma objektu, jo muižas pils atrodas avārijas stāvoklī un apskatāma no ārpuses! Mūsdienās redzamais muižas komplekss ir veidojies 19. - 20. gs. mijā, bet muižas pils (vēlīnais klasicisms) - 19. gs. pirmajā pusē. Vēlāk tai piebūvēja neobarokālus torņus abos ēkas galos. Vienā no tiem atradās kapela, otrā – bibliotēka. 19. gs. tika uzsākta ainavu parka un dendrārija izveide. 19. gs. beigās pilī norisinājās plaši remontdarbi, un tās īpašnieki – Kerbedzu dzimta ēku līdz pat 1. pasaules karam atvēlēja māksliniekiem. No 1920. - 1975. g. muižā darbojās pamatskola, tad ēkas kā noliktavu izmantoja kolhozs. |
||
|
Pussalas pils pirmsākumi ir meklējami 14. gs. Tajā laikā minētā pils bija viena no lielākajām šāda tipa aizsardzības pilīm. Pēc Traķu un Viļņas ieņemšanas 1382. g. pils kļuva par Ķēstutu (Kęstutis) - Lietuvas dižkunigaišu dzimtas dzīves un valdīšanas vietu. 1655. g. Polijas – Lietuvas lielvalsts un Krievijas kara laikā pili nopostīja. Līdz mūsdienām no iespaidīgās celtnes (aizņēma 4 ha platību) saglabājušās tikai no laukakmeņiem celtā aizsargmūra un torņu paliekas. Tās iekšpagalmā ir apskatāma efektīvā viduslaiku ieroča – katapultas atdarinājums. |
||
|
The Rudbārži Estate was built at the request of Baroness Thea von Firks from the aristocratic dynasty. After a reconstruction in 1883, the building became an ornate example of Mannerism and Renaissance architecture, with decorative finishing and a larger size. On December 15, 1905, the building was torched by revolutionaries. The restoration began three years later under the leadership of architect L. Reinier. The castle has a holiday hall with two marble fireplaces, the parquet in some of the rooms dates back to the early 20th century, and the outdoor doors have metal engravings. The castle was reconstructed in 1938. It housed a German field hospital during World War II, while after the war it housed a school for forestry workers. In 1962, the Rudbārži school moved into the building, which is now named after Oskars Kalpaks. A commemorative plaque outside the building is devoted to the Kalpaks battalion. During Latvia’s liberation battles, on January 22, 1919, the Bolsheviks occupied Skrunda, and seven days later, Kalpaks’ battalion attacked from the direction of the Rudbārži Estate. After a three-hour battle, the victory was won, with the battalion taking over a strategic line near the banks of the Venta River. This was the first victory for Kalpaks’ men after many retreats, and that inspired the rest of the liberation battles. |
||
|
Atrodas Gatartas centrā uz reljefa virsmas paaugstinājuma. Muižas pili cēla laikā no 1823. - 1824. g. (fasāde - klasicisma stilā). Tās ieeju vēl pavisam nesen rotāja divi (postīti) lauvu tēli. Par muižas kompleksa varenību liecina vēl 20 citas ēkas (dažādā stāvoklī, g.k. – sliktā!) – ļoti iespaidīgs ledus pagrabs, dārznieka un kalēja māja, klēts, magazīna, alus brūzis, Kundziņkrogs, kas atrodas plašākā teritorijā. Daļēji saglabājies 19. gs. veidotais parks. Drustu muižas īpašnieks – vācbaltietis un pētnieks Ludvigs Kārlis Augusts fon Hāgemeisters (1780. – 1833) 1806. g. organizēja un vadīja Krievijas ekspedīciju uz Aļasku. Šobrīd muižas pils ir privātīpašums un apskatāma no ārpuses. |
||
|
The Pilkalne Estate is in a remote location on the border of Latvia and Lithuania, 5 km to the Southwest of Nereta. Lovers of history certain must visit this estate. Why? One reason is that the grain kiln of the estate, which is gradually being restored, and the grain drying stove, a few wooden parts of which have been preserved, are unique in Latvia. The stable and servants’ home have also survived and are populated today. The buildings were built in the 18th century. The owner can tell you stories about interesting aspects of this location’s history. |
||
|
Das heute gesehene Ensemble (im Stil des Neorenaissance gebautes Gutshaus) entstand im wesentlichen in der Zeit zwischen 1897 – 1902 als ein Eigentum vom Grafen Joseph Tyszkiewicz und seiner Frau. Ein Park. |
||
|
The Varakļāni Estate has a mansion which is known as one of the most outstanding monuments to Classicism in Latgale. It was built between 1783 and 1789 and designed by the Italian architect Vincento Macotti, and it was owned by Earl Michael Johan Borch. Late in the 18th century, the same architect designed the estate’s lovely and romantic landscape park, which was one of the first parks of its kind in Latvia. The Varakļāni Administrative District Museum is housed in the mansion today. |
||
|
On the left bank of the ancient Gauja River valley, between the Paparžu ravine and the ravine along which the Sigulda-Turaida road passes through the valley there are the ruins of a castle built by the Order of the Brethren of the Sword. Construction on the castle began in 1207, and three decades later, in 1236, the castle was rebuilt for the needs of the Livonian Order. The Sigulda Castle suffered much damage during wars in the late 16th and early 17th century. During the Great Northern War, it was burned down and never restored. What is there today is the south-western segment of the castle's convent building, as well as the tower of the main gate. Beyond that is the internal forecastle, where there is an open-air stage for the annual Sigulda Opera Music Festival and other public events. There are also impressive views of the ancient Gauja River valley, Krimulda and Turaida. Reconstruction of the ruins is currently ongoing, and after the work is completed a second tower on the left side of the stage will be available to visitors. The plan is to install crossings around the walls of the convent building. Presently the ruins are available on a 24/7 basis and free of charge, but after the restorations are completed in 2012, admission will be charged. |
||
|
Plateļu dienviddaļā plešas sakoptais Plateļu muižas (muižas vēsture ir zināma, no 16. gs.) parks, kura centrā aug Raganu osis – dižkoks 7,2 m apkārtmērā. Parkā un tā tuvākajā apkārtnē ir redzamas muižas saimniecības ēkas. Vienā no tām – atjaunotajā zirgu stallī ir izveidots muzejs, kurā var apskatīt unikālas 250 vietējo meistaru darinātās maskas. Pašreiz šī ir lielākā šāda veida masku kolekcija Baltijas valstīs. Plateļu ezerā ir atrastas trīs no ozolkoka taisītas vienkoča laivas. Viena no tām (darināta 16. gs.) atrodas Lietuvas Jūras muzejā. Otra (15. gs.) ir apskatāma atjaunotajā Plateļu muižas graudu glabātavas pagrabā (Didžioji gatve 22), jo šobrīd tiek restaurēta. Trešā laiva arī izlikta apskatei kā muzeja eksponāts. |
||
|
The Livonian Order built a fortified castle on the largest island in Lake Alūksne – Marijas Island (Pilssala Island) in 1342. It was linked to the land by a 120 m drawbridge. The castle had several forecastles, and it was regularly modernised and expanded until the end of the 17th century. It was one of the largest Livonian Order Castles, with similar ones found in Vastelina and Izborsk. Defensive barriers were put up around the castle, which survived until the Great Northern War. Its central part was blown up by the defeated Swedish military in 1702, after which Russians completely sacked it. All that is left are the castle ruins on the island, which is now linked to Alūksne and Temple Hill by two wooden bridges. An open-air stage alongside the castle ruins is used for various public events. |
||