No Name Description
N/A

The stronghold dates back to the 13th C, exhibitions in its cellars present wildlife and history of the island. Workshops (smithy, glass, ceramics, stone) run from May to August for visitors to admire or participate in. The archery range nearby adds to the excitement and there you can also mint coins.
Mihkli Farm Museum (+372 454 6613, www.saaremaamuuseum.ee) is a museum branch in Viki village in western Saaremaa with lots to tell and see about heritage, culture and architecture.

N/A

This is one of several remarkable medieval strongholds in Estonia; the convent house, mysterious cellars and displays with numerous finds and exhibits are open to visitors; the children’s playground in the courtyard contains attractions inspired by the Middle Ages.
The single nave Dome Church (1279) is the largest of its kind in the Nordic and Baltic countries. The White Lady, the most famous ghost in Estonia, makes her appearance in a church window in August at full moon.

N/A

Vieta, ko nekādi nevar uzskatīt par tūrisma objektu, bet tajā pat laikā tas ir Latvijas mērogā nozīmīgs kultūras un vēstures piemineklis, ko nevar nepieminēt! Laikā no 1923. – 1943. gadam muižas pilī atradās Latvijā zināmākā mājturības skola, kurā mācījās izslavētās kaucmindietes! Tagad muižas pils ir pamesta, avārijas stāvoklī un apskatāma tikai no ārpuses un „pa gabalu”. Ap 1780. gadu celtā pils, kas 1909. – 1912. g. tika pārbūvēta pusloka būvapjomā, ir Latvijai diezgan unikāls arhitektūras paraugs.

N/A

The Jelgava Castle stands between the Lielupe and Driksa rivers. The Baroque castle was designed by the well known Italian architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, and this was the most important piece of early work that he did. The Latvian Agriculture University is housed in the castle today. A museum was established in 1968. +371-6300-5617. The socle story of the south-eastern wing has the graves of rulers from the Duchy of Courland – members of the Kettler and Byron dynasties, which ruled from 1569 to 1791. There are 18 restored sarcophagi here.

N/A

The Eversmuiža Estate is in the centre of Cibla and is dominated by a 1680 mansion that was built in the style of Classicism and was rebuilt several times later.  There is a home for servants, a gatehouse and ancillary buildings that are in poor shape.  A stone wall surrounds the park of the estate.  Since the 17th century and for nearly two centuries, the estate belonged to an aristocratic Polish family, after it was owned by various others.  Today the mansion houses a boarding school and the Cibla Regional Research Museum, which offers tours.  A cultural and historical trail runs along the banks of the Ilža River.

N/A

Die älteste (16 Jh.) der drei Burge am Fluss Nemunas. Renoviert nach dem 2. Weltkrieg. Heutzutage – eine Schule. Ein Park. Blick vom Burgturm.

N/A

The first stone castle in Alsunga was built in 1372, starting with the central part of the southern wing. The authorised representative of the Livonian Order, who was subject to a higher-ranking official in Kuldīga, lived here. The guard towers and other parts of the castle were gradually added between the 15th and the 18th century. The Baroque castle with its two towers is quite impressive. Institutions in the building are the Alsunga Administrative District Council, a museum, a tourist information centre, and others.

N/A

The origins of the castle date back to 1237. The closed yard that was typical of Medieval castles has been preserved. The interior took on its Historicism design in the mid-19th century, but there are also more ancient elements such as the gate tower, the basic walls, the firing apertures, the vaulted structures, the window apertures, etc. The Jēkabpils Museum of History was installed in the castle in 1994, and it can be toured in the company of a guide or an audio guide.

N/A

Kolga Manor with its impressive territory, several buildings and antique feel will not leave you unmoved! Kolga Manor was first heard about in 13th century but the manor we see nowadays was built style of Baroque in 17 - 18th century but in 1820's it was re-built in the style of Classicism. From the end of 17th century until 20th century it was the biggest Estonian manor. Now in these buildings is a guesthouse, a restaurant, conference centre and a museum. It's possible to hire a guide.

N/A

Work on the Valmiera Castle began in 1283.  The castle was burned down in 1702 during the Great Northern War, and the city’s walls were torn down in the late 17th century.  Ruins of the castle and remnants of other Medieval fortifications have been preserved.

 

N/A

The Rēzekne castle hill is an impressive hillock (15 m) on the right bank of the Rēzekne River. From the 9th to the 12th century, there was a Lettigalian castle here. In 1285, the Livonian Order began to build a two-story stone castle on the site, and its ruins have survived to this very day. Alongside the castle hill is the Eastern Latvian Creative Service Centre - „Zeimuļs”, along with a tourism information centre.

N/A

This convent-type castle was built in the mid-13th century by the bishopric of Piltene.  Annexes were added in the 16th and 19th centuries to create a typical internal courtyard.  The Neo-Gothic forms of the castle’s façade date back to the 1830s.  From the 16th century to the 1920, the castle was owned by the noble Behr family.  After it was burned down during the 1905 Revolution, the castle was rebuilt in two years’ time.  The castle is known for ghost stories, tales of elf weddings, and stains of blood in the Red Room that are supposedly the result of a murder.  A fireplace was built to hide the stains, but they reappeared.  Since the privatisation of the castle, the interior has been restored with halls and cellars that are decorated with elements that are typical to the castle.  Its rooms and viewing tower are open to the public.  In the park, visitors will find the Alley of Love and the elf oak tree.

N/A

The Castle was built beside the Põltsamaa River in the 13th C and became the residence of Duke Magnus, King of Livonia in the 16th C. In the castle yard you find the tourist information centre, local history museum, wine cellar, Estonian Press Museum, art gallery, ceramic and handicraft workshop.
Põltsamaa has a fabulous Rose Garden, where tours can be booked to learn more about roses, legends and history of rose growing.

N/A

Druvienas muižas pirmsākumi ir meklējami 17. gs. beigās. Tagad redzamā apbūve ir veidojusies 19. – 20. gs. Līdz mūsdienām ir saglabājusies muižas pils (1898. g.) un saimniecības ēkas – klētis, kūtis, kalpu mājas. Muižas pilī 20. gs. 50. gados izvietoja pamatskolu, kas šeit darbojas arī mūsdienās. Diemžēl sākotnējie ēkas interjeri nav saglabājušies. Pili ieskauj parks.

N/A

Atrodas Viļānu dienviddaļā, Maltas upītes krastos, kuras tecējumu pārtrauc Viļānu HES. Par muižu atrodamas ziņas jau no 15. gs. beigām, kad tā piederēja bruņiniekam J. Loem. Līdzīgi kā Vidsmuiža, arī šī bija viena no Latgales lielākajām muižām, kurai piederēja zemes > 49 000 ha platībā. 18. - 19. gs. mijā ap muižu sāka veidoties Viļānu miests. Muižas dzīvojamo ēku, kas apskatāma tikai no ārpuses, ieskauj parks.

N/A

1339. g. Livonijas ordeņa mestrs (no 1328. – 1340.) Eberhards fon Monheims pašu zemgaļu 1286. g. nodedzinātās pils vietā uzceļ jaunu - mūra pili. To sešus gadus vēlāk nodedzināja lietuviešu karaspēks. Pili gan atjaunoja Kurzemes hercoga Ketlera valdīšanas laikā, taču Ziemeļu kara laikā - 1701. g. to atkal noposta zviedru karapulki. Līdz mūsdienām ir saglabājusies tikai no laukakmeņiem celtās pils sienas atliekas.

N/A
„Zaļmuiža” (Green Manor) is notable because of its legendary past. The protector of peasants and poet Peter Miglinīks (1850 – 1883) worked there as a clerk in the beginning of the 19th century. In 1784, the building belonged to Frederick von Korf. The manor was bought by officer of Russian army Nikolaj Paulin von Rosenschild. Once the manor had a large farm (800 ha): several cattle-sheds, fruit and wine cellars, alcohol brewery. Now there in only a manor house and a barn. Till 1960s, the manor house was the centre of kolkhoz „Liesma”, later the club. Now there is a smithy of a craftsman Jānis Ļubka. Guests are welcome to watch and try the metal processing.
N/A

Matsalu muiža pirmoreiz vēsturiskajos avotos ir minēta 1560. g., kad tā ietilpa Lihulas bīskapijas sastāvā. Tagad redzamās ēkas ir celtas laikā no 18. gs. otrās puses līdz 20. gs. sākumam. Pagājušā gadsimta sešdesmitajos gados te plānoja izveidot Matsalu rezervāta centru, taču „veiksmīgā loze” tika netālu esošajai Penijē muižai (sk. iepriekš). Mūsdienās muižas pils, citas ēkas un parks (tajā dīķis ar salu) atrodas kritiskā stāvoklī. Taču kā nozīmīgu vēstures liecinieku arī šo muižu var iekļaut apskatāmo objektu sarakstā. Muižas komplekss atrodas pa ceļam uz Kēmu (Keemu) putnu vērošanas torni.

N/A

The Livonian Order built a fortified castle on the largest island in Lake Alūksne – Marijas Island (Pilssala Island) in 1342.  It was linked to the land by a 120 m drawbridge.  The castle had several forecastles, and it was regularly modernised and expanded until the end of the 17th century.  It was one of the largest Livonian Order Castles, with similar ones found in Vastelina and Izborsk.  Defensive barriers were put up around the castle, which survived until the Great Northern War.  Its central part was blown up by the defeated Swedish military in 1702, after which Russians completely sacked it.  All that is left are the castle ruins on the island, which is now linked to Alūksne and Temple Hill by two wooden bridges.  An open-air stage alongside the castle ruins is used for various public events.

N/A

Skaistā ēka atrodas Lizuma centrā. Lizuma muižas īpašumi piederējuši dažādām dzimtām – vācbaltiešiem Tīzenhauzeniem, Malamiem un Volfiem. 1836. g. muižu iegādājas barons Otto Gotlībs fon Volfs, kura laikā muižas pils iegūst tagadējo veidolu – Tjudoru neogotikas stilu ar poligonālu torni. Jau no 1937. g. pilī izvietojusies Lizuma skola, kas ir viens no iemesliem, kādēļ saglabājusies ne tikai pati ēka, bet arī atsevišķi interjera elementi kāpņu telpā, Zilajā (Mednieku) zālē u.c. Pili ieskauj parks, kur atrodas muižas saimniecības ēkas – mūra klēts (te kultūras nams), 1876. g. celtais zirgu stallis (sporta halle), kalpu un dārznieka namiņš u.c. Bijušajā spirta brūzī ražo Gotiņas konfektes. Pils tornī izveidots Lizuma vidusskolas veidotais novadpētniecības muzejs.