No Name Description
N/A

The current exhibition is in a building that used to house the Latgale Central Museum, and it speaks to the 700 years of the history of Rēzekne.  It features typical ceramics and other artworks from Latgale.  A separate exposition, “A Miracle Created by the Transformation of Clay and Fire,” speaks to the history of ceramics, and the museum also features pottery workshops where people can watch experts using ancient traditions to create new forms of pottery.  Outside of the museum is a monument to the distinguished Lettigalian poet Antons Kūkojs (1940-2007).

N/A

The Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre is a multi-functional institution of culture, arts and education, located inside of the fortress' Arsenal building. It is a unique place in the Eastern Europe, where are located the original paintings of Mark Rothko – a great artist of the XX cent., a founder of the abstract expressionism movement, best known for his enigmatic color field paintings.

N/A

The museum has more than 120,000 objects which focus on the history of Liepāja and Southern Kurzeme from the Stone Age to the 19th century.  Another exhibition is focused on the life and work of the wood sculptor Miķelis Pankoks (1894-1983).  New art exhibitions are periodically staged at the museum.

N/A

The late Baroque and early Classicism building was commissioned by Duke Peter Byron of Courland and Zemgale, and it was built between 1773 and 1776 on the basis of a design by a Danish architect.  It was the castle of Duchess Anna.  The first university in Latvia, Academia Petrina was established here in 1775 and named after Duke Peter.  The first observatory was installed at the academy in 1772, and a high school was in the building during the age of the Russian Empire.  Among graduates are distinguished Latvians such as Krišjānis Barons, Jānis Alunāns and Jānis Čakste, as well as the Lithuanian Antanas Smetona.  The Jelgava Museum of History and Art took over the building in 1952, and in 1975 it was named after the Old Master Ģederts Eliass (1887-1975).  The exhibition speaks to the history of the city and surrounding area during and after the period of the Duchy of Courland and Zemgale.  Outside the impressive building are four cannons from the period of the duchy, as well as monument to Eliass that was designed in 1987 by the sculptor Jānis Zariņš.  Another monument, “Lāčplēsis and the Black Knight,” was designed by the sculptor Kārlis Jansons and commemorates the liberators of Jelgava.

N/A

“Airītes” is a museum found at the place where the first commander of the Latvian Armed Forces, Col Oskars Kalpaks and other Latvian soldiers (including three officers) fell during a battle on March 6, 1919.  The public donated money in 1920 to build a monument, and it was unveiled on September 3, 1922.  In 1935, work began on a building that was proposed by the Col Kalpaks Battalion organisation, the plan being to exhibit items related to Kalpaks’ battles.  It was opened a year later.  The monument was destroyed during the Soviet era, and the building housed a post office and some flats.  The memorial was restored during the national Renaissance in 1988 and 1989, and on November 11, 1990, the museum was reopened.  During renovations in 2007, the second floor burned down.  The museum and exhibition were renewed in 2013.  The exhibits speak to Kalpaks’ life during World War I and Latvia’s liberation battles.  Employees regularly organise commemorative events in honour of Kalpaks, as well as celebrations of Lāčplēsis (Veterans’) Day.

N/A

The museum’s main house in Kärdla (open all year round) and branches in Kassari and Käina (open in summer) give an insight into wool manufacturing, seafaring, agriculture and manor estates on the island, islanders´ life through tsarist and Soviet regimes and independence. Classes on heritage are run in the Long House.

N/A

Pilsrundālē pa ceļam uz Rundāles pili var apmeklēt Retro auto kolekciju, kur apskatāmi 1939. g. automobiļi un dažādu laiku motocikli. Starp automobiļiem ir arī pasaulē šodien reti sastopami modeļi. Šī ir īstā vieta vēsturisko spēkratu cienītājiem!

N/A
Local History Museum of Nautrēni. Permanent exposition of the local history of the district, school and parish.
Working hours: on request
N/A

“Vēveri” is located 7 km to the North of the centre of Vecpiebalga and offers a look at typical and authentic farms and craftsmen’s operations from the Piebalga landscape in the 19th century. You will wee ancient tools and household objects, as well as a recently restored windmill.

N/A

Privātais Zigurda Safranoviča senlietu muzejs dibināts 2010.gada maijā. Muzeja krājumā atrodas ap 50 tūkstošiem priekšmetu, no kuriem 99% eksponātu ir ziedoti. Senāk te bijis barona Vulfa muižas parks.

Vecākā un retākā, pēc leģendas, 300 gadu veca manta – Ernsta Glika ledusskapis.

N/A

Between 1883 and 1891, the estate that was once owned by the Šadurskis family was rented by the father of the great poet Rainis, Krišjānis Pliekšāns.  Rainis spent his youth at the estate, as reflected in the poet’s The Land of My Youth Days.  Rainis translated Pushkin’s Boris Godunov while at the state.  In honour of the poet and his contributions in the world of literature, an exhibition, “Rainis’ High School and University Years,” was opened at the estate in 1964.  The restored cattle shed today offers a look at the work of potters in Latgale.

N/A

Saimnieks Valentīns Kuklis savā viensētā izveidojis no koka un citiem materiāliem un vēsturiskiem priekšmetiem veidotu brīvdabas kolekciju, kas savākta g.k. no Latgales lauku sētām. Daļa no vēsturiskajiem priekšmetiem ir izvietota saimnieka veidotā muzejā. Piedāvā ekskursiju un stāstījumu par savāktajiem darbarīkiem un sadzīves priekšmetiem.

N/A

This is the farm of a moderately wealthy Selonian farmer from the 19th century. It features a residential building with a mantel chimney, two granaries, a threshing barn, a sauna, a windmill, a smithy, a steam locomotive and a threshing machine. Groups will enjoy thematic programmes such as “Crafts at the Selonian Farm,” “When Honey Melts on Your Tongue,” and “A Wedding at the Selonian Farm.”

N/A

Pusceļā starp Madonu un Cesvaini, Sarkaņu pagasta Biksēres “Jaundilmaņos”  dzimis Latvijas Bērnu ķirurģijas pamatlicējs, traumatalogs un ortopēds, izcils bērnu ārsts Aleksandrs Bieziņš (1897.-1975.). Tagad viņa dzimtajās mājās ierīkots muzejs, Paula Stradiņa Medicīnas vēstures muzeja filiāle. 

N/A

SIA “North Latgallian Firewood” darbības pamatnozare ir mežsaimniecība un kokmateriālu sagatavošana - uzņēmumā nodarbojas ar malkas sagatavošanu un tirdzniecību, kā arī piedāvā malkas gabalošanu un skaldīšanu izbraukumā pie klienta. Uzņēmuma piedāvātie pakalpojumi – malkas sagatavošana, malkas tirdzniecība lielos apjomos, kokmateriālu sagatavošanas pakalpojumi.

Brīvajā laikā uzņēmuma īpašnieks restaurē senus motociklus un ir izveidojis plašu retro motociklu un senlietu kolekciju.

N/A
The Museum of Malta Secondary School No 2. Exhibition of the ancient Latgalian jewellery of the 6th –13th century.
Working hours: Mon– Fri : 9.00 – 16.00, Sat., Sunday : closed
N/A

Vieta, bez kuras apmeklējuma nav iedomājama Dzūkijas vēstures un kultūras izziņa! Muzejs meklējams Marcinkones centrā, netālu no dzelzceļa stacijas. To noteikti ir jāiepazīst vietējā gida pavadībā, kas pastāstīs daudz interesantus faktus par dzūku tradīcijām un attiecībām ar mežu. Muzejā ir apskatāma dzīvojamā ēka ar ikdienas sadzīves priekšmetiem un rija, kas pārsteidz ne tikai ar savu plašumu, bet arī vairākiem interesantiem eksponātiem, no kuriem ir jāpiemin milzīgs sēņu grozs (tajā iegāja 110 kg gaileņu!), 750 gadus veca vienkoča paliekas, bitenieku un vietējo amatnieku instrumenti u.c. Rijā notiek ikgadēji ar dzūku kultūru un vēsturi saistīti pasākumi. Visbeidzot, te var iegādāties vietējos suvenīrus un medu. Ja ir vēlme iepazīt Marcinkones tuvāko apkaimi, ar kājām var doties pa 13 km garo Zackagira dabas taku (Zackagirio gamtinis takas).

N/A

The museum opened in 2007 and displays a 180 mm gun barrel, reconstruction of a Soviet restricted border zone, a civil defence shelter, armoured vehicles, a border guard boat and naval mines. Exhibited in the main building are a maritime surveillance radar in its original position, various military items, “Lenin´s corner” and weapons and barracks rooms.

N/A

Eine Asstellung der Steine unter freiem Himmel, eingerichtet vom litauischen Ärzt Intas Vaclovas (1925 – 2007). Ein Museum der einzigartigen Steine.

N/A

Atrodas Grāfu Plāteru parkā, blakus Krāslavas jaunajai pilij. Tas izvietojies vienā no 18. gs. celtajām muižas saimniecības ēkām. Muzeja ekspozīcija ir veidota interesantā veidā – 17 m garā laivā, kas (laiva ar pieciem airiem) ir pilsētas ģerbonis. Muzeja krājums iepazīstina ar Krāslavas novada vēsturi, sākot no akmens laikmeta līdz mūsdienām. Muzejā tiek organizētas Krāslavas mākslinieku izstādes.