No Name Description
N/A

On the right bank of the Bērze River and in the western part of Dobele, the castle hill and its fortified forecastle were occupied between the 10th and 13th centuries, with an ancient town at its foot (currently the square between Tērvetes Street and the Liepāja highway).  As was common, the Livonian Order used this ancient Semigallian castle hill to build a brick castle between 1335 and 1347.  The castle was sacked during the 18th century, and its fairly impressive and beautiful ruins have been conserved.  A viewing platform is part of the charm.

N/A

Plateļu dienviddaļā plešas sakoptais Plateļu muižas (muižas vēsture ir zināma, no 16. gs.) parks, kura centrā aug Raganu osis – dižkoks 7,2 m apkārtmērā. Parkā un tā tuvākajā apkārtnē ir redzamas muižas saimniecības ēkas. Vienā no tām – atjaunotajā zirgu stallī ir izveidots muzejs, kurā var apskatīt unikālas 250 vietējo meistaru darinātās maskas. Pašreiz šī ir lielākā šāda veida masku kolekcija Baltijas valstīs. Plateļu ezerā ir atrastas trīs no ozolkoka taisītas vienkoča laivas. Viena no tām (darināta 16. gs.) atrodas Lietuvas Jūras muzejā. Otra (15. gs.) ir apskatāma atjaunotajā Plateļu muižas graudu glabātavas pagrabā (Didžioji gatve 22), jo šobrīd tiek restaurēta. Trešā laiva arī izlikta apskatei kā muzeja eksponāts.

N/A

On the left bank of the ancient Gauja River valley, between the Paparžu ravine and the ravine along which the Sigulda-Turaida road passes through the valley there are the ruins of a castle built by the Order of the Brethren of the Sword.  Construction on the castle began in 1207, and three decades later, in 1236, the castle was rebuilt for the needs of the Livonian Order.  The Sigulda Castle suffered much damage during wars in the late 16th and early 17th century.  During the Great Northern War, it was burned down and never restored.  What is there today is the south-western segment of the castle's convent building, as well as the tower of the main gate.  Beyond that is the internal forecastle, where there is an open-air stage for the annual Sigulda Opera Music Festival and other public events.  There are also impressive views of the ancient Gauja River valley, Krimulda and Turaida.  Reconstruction of the ruins is currently ongoing, and after the work is completed a second tower on the left side of the stage will be available to visitors.  The plan is to install crossings around the walls of the convent building.  Presently the ruins are available on a 24/7 basis and free of charge, but after the restorations are completed in 2012, admission will be charged.

N/A

The manor is in Basi in the Gudenieki Parish of Kuldīga District, some 20 km from the district centre.  The manor was built in the 19th century, burned down in 1905, and then restored.  A former residence for servants and an old magazine barn have survived.  The surrounding park covers 4.5 ha, and the estate is a cultural and historical monument of local importance.  The barn was fully reconstructed in 2009 and 2010 with co-financing from the European Union, and today it is the Basi Culture Centre. In 2019, there is to be an interactive exhibition about Suiti events in Gudenieki -- baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.

N/A

The Varakļāni Estate has a mansion which is known as one of the most outstanding monuments to Classicism in Latgale. It was built between 1783 and 1789 and designed by the Italian architect Vincento Macotti, and it was owned by Earl Michael Johan Borch. Late in the 18th century, the same architect designed the estate’s lovely and romantic landscape park, which was one of the first parks of its kind in Latvia. The Varakļāni Administrative District Museum is housed in the mansion today.

N/A

Found on the right bank of the Daugava where the little Karikste river flows into the Daugava, all that remains of the castle today is a set of ruined walls and foundations.  The castle was built by the Livonian Order in 1224, and it was inhabited until the mid-17th century, when it was sacked during the Polish-Swedish war.  The ruins offer a good view of the local gravel road that goes along the right bank of the river valley.

 

N/A

The manor was established in the 19th C. Today its mansion houses a restaurant where chefs cook affordable and simple dishes from local produce following principles of Estonian cuisine. Menus are always displayed and daily updated on the website, motorists in transit and group bookings are equally welcome. 

N/A

The construction of the state began in the early 20th century.  The mansion was built of bricks and fieldstones between 1905 and 1911 in the styles of Historicism and Art Nouveau.  The estate was owned by engineer and professor Stanislav Kerbedz from St Petersburg, the first Russian engineer to develop principles for the architectonic aspects of bridges.  These were used during the latter half of the 19th century, and Kerbedz led the construction of the Nikolayev bridge across the Neva River in St Petersburg.  Kerbedz’s wife, Yevgenia, was well known as a lover of art, and she brought various art objects to the estate from Italy.  The Lūznava Estate was a popular place for gatherings of artists during the summers.  Among those to visit was the distinguished Lithuanian painter and composer Mikalojus Čiurlionis.  The estate is surrounded by a 23.7 ha landscape park with a system of ponds.  Near the estate is a statue of the Madonna, which was carved by an unknown Italian artist.  The statue was damaged and thrown into a pond during World War II, but it was restored in 1991.  Reconstruction of the main building of the estate was complete in 2015, and today it is a modern and international centre for environmental education and the arts.

N/A

Muižas dzīvojamā ēka līdz mūsdienām nav saglabājusies. Šodien Dvietes muižas parkā ir apskatāmas muižas pārvaldnieka māja un trīs mūra saimniecības ēkas. 19. gs. veidots ainavu parks ar laukakmeņu mūrējuma tiltu. Parkā atrodas Dvietes muižas ēkas.

N/A

Muižas ēka tikusi restaurēta, taču tā celta 1732. gadā. Muižas kompleksu veido – kungu māja, bijušās skolas ēka, pārvaldnieka māja, klēts, saimniecības ēka, kā arī tējas namiņš, kas atrodas senajā ozolu parkā, no kura takas tālāk aizvijas uz Meža parku. Ungurmuižas  iekštelpās ir grezni zīmējumi (grenadieri, ziedu motīvi, zīmētas tapetes, drapēri, ainas no barona karagājieniem un ceļojumiem) kuru autors ir Limbažu gleznotājs Georgs Dītrihs Hinšs. Ungurmuižā par seno auru rūpējas katrs gleznojums, zīmējums un katrs nostūris.

N/A

The Pilkalne Estate is in a remote location on the border of Latvia and Lithuania, 5 km to the Southwest of Nereta. Lovers of history certain must visit this estate. Why? One reason is that the grain kiln of the estate, which is gradually being restored, and the grain drying stove, a few wooden parts of which have been preserved, are unique in Latvia. The stable and servants’ home have also survived and are populated today. The buildings were built in the 18th century. The owner can tell you stories about interesting aspects of this location’s history.

N/A

Muiža vēsturiskajos avotos ir minēta jau 1560. gadā. Tagad redzamā kungu māja ir celta no akmens 1805. g. Padomju laikos tajā atradās Matsalu rezervāta administrācija, bet mūsdienās ēkā ir izveidota viesnīca. Līdz muižai nokļūstam pa skaistu aleju, kuras apkaimē ir redzamas citas muižas kompleksa ēkas.

N/A

The Eversmuiža Estate is in the centre of Cibla and is dominated by a 1680 mansion that was built in the style of Classicism and was rebuilt several times later.  There is a home for servants, a gatehouse and ancillary buildings that are in poor shape.  A stone wall surrounds the park of the estate.  Since the 17th century and for nearly two centuries, the estate belonged to an aristocratic Polish family, after it was owned by various others.  Today the mansion houses a boarding school and the Cibla Regional Research Museum, which offers tours.  A cultural and historical trail runs along the banks of the Ilža River.

N/A

Druvienas muižas pirmsākumi ir meklējami 17. gs. beigās. Tagad redzamā apbūve ir veidojusies 19. – 20. gs. Līdz mūsdienām ir saglabājusies muižas pils (1898. g.) un saimniecības ēkas – klētis, kūtis, kalpu mājas. Muižas pilī 20. gs. 50. gados izvietoja pamatskolu, kas šeit darbojas arī mūsdienās. Diemžēl sākotnējie ēkas interjeri nav saglabājušies. Pili ieskauj parks.

N/A

Atrodas Taurenē, Gaujas labajā krastā. Muižas apbūve, kurā ietilpst pils (19. gs. 80. gadi, arhitekts – R. G. Šmēlings, historisma un neoklasicisma stils), senie alus pagrabi, klēts, vecā pils un parks, veidojies 19. - 20. gs. Šobrīd muižas pilī atrodas Taurenes pagasta pārvalde un kultūras nams. Muižas kompleksā ietilpst ēka, kurā atrodas Vecpiebalgas novada tūrisma informācijas punkts un Taurenes novadpētniecības ekspozīcija (senajā ledus pagrabā). Parkā (ziemeļos no pils) uzmeklējams piemiņas akmens, kas veltīts komunistiskā terora upuriem. Pie Nēķena muižas sākās 0,4 km garā Cieres dabas taka, kas iepazīstina ar Gaujas krastu mitrājiem.

N/A

1339. g. Livonijas ordeņa mestrs (no 1328. – 1340.) Eberhards fon Monheims pašu zemgaļu 1286. g. nodedzinātās pils vietā uzceļ jaunu - mūra pili. To sešus gadus vēlāk nodedzināja lietuviešu karaspēks. Pili gan atjaunoja Kurzemes hercoga Ketlera valdīšanas laikā, taču Ziemeļu kara laikā - 1701. g. to atkal noposta zviedru karapulki. Līdz mūsdienām ir saglabājusies tikai no laukakmeņiem celtās pils sienas atliekas.

N/A

Atrodas 0,9 km ziemeļrietumos no Dzērbenes centra. Tagadējais muižas komplekss veidojies 14. gs. celtās un 1577. g. nopostītās mūra pils vietā. Muižas pils (18. gs. beigas, klasicisma stils) savā pastāvēšanas laikā piedzīvojusi vairākkārtīgu nopostīšanu (1905. g., Pirmajā pasaules karā) un tai sekojošu atjaunotni. 19. gs. beigās tai tapa piebūve – iespaidīgs četrstūru neogotikas stila tornis. Laikā no 1927. - 1975. g. pilī darbojās lauksaimniecības skola, tagad - Dzērbenes pagasta pārvalde, Tautas nams un mūzikas skola. Pili ieskauj parks ar septiņu dīķu kaskādi. No kādreiz iespaidīgā laukakmeņu žoga saglabājušies vien pils vārtu stabi. Dažādā stāvoklī (arī avārijas) atrodas citas muižas ēkas. 2010. gadā tika veikta pils iekštelpu un ārējās fasādes restaurācija. Iepriekš piesakoties, tiek piedāvāta gida vadīta ekskursija un piedzīvojums muižā iekārtotajā spoku kambarī.

N/A

Находится ~ в 1 км на восток от центра Априки. Дворец господской усадьбы (стиль барокко) строился с 1742 по 1745 гг., а башня неоготического стиля как пристройка возводилась в конце XIX века. На фронтоне главного фасада дворца выполнен рельеф из песчаника с гербом родов баронов Остен – Сакенов и Корфов, который является самым роскошным элементом среди подобного рода имений Латвии. В здании сохранились и первоначальные элементы интерьера (осматриваются в сопровождении гида) – дверные створки, расписанная голландская печь, оконные дубовые ставни, коробки, чеканные металлические детали и паркет. В комплекс господской усадьбы входит дом управляющего, дом прислуги, хозяйственные постройки и парк. С 1920 года во дворце господской усадьбы действует школа и устроен музей края, который непременно следует посетить! Сейчас в музее выставлена коллекция этикеток производимого в Латвии хлеба. В 1901 году господскую усадьбу приобрел Карл Густав Маннергейм (1867 - 1951), который был президентом государства Финляндии и легендарным автором системы фортификации линий Маннергейма - Зимняя война (1939 - 1940).

N/A

The Ance Estate was built for Ulrich Johann von Behr by his father as a gift.  The estate was once surrounded by an ornate French garden.  Beginning in 1766, the building was rebuilt and ornately decorated.  Around 1810, French soldiers occupied the mansion and caused much damage to it.  For that reason, the second floor was torn down a bit later, and extensive renovations were conducted to adapt the estate into apartments for the manager and his civil servants.  In 1920, the estate was taken over by the state.  

The lady of the house will teach visitors to bake carrot buns and talk about the history of the pastry. The workshop of a craftsmanship group offers a look at the work of craftsmen and a chance to try the crafts yourself.

N/A

Krogus un Brengūža ezeru un Drustu parka ieskāvumā samērā plašā teritorijā „izmētātas” Drustu muižas ēkas. Muižas kungu māja celta 1787. g. Līdz mūsdienām dažādā stāvoklī ir saglabājusies pārvaldnieka māja (19. gs.), klēts (ar kolonnām), krejotava, brūzis, smēde, magazīna, sķūņi u.c. ēkas. Muižas Kavalieru namā ierīkots viesu nams. Interesanti, kāda izskatītos Latvijas lauku ainava, ja tajā šodien nebūtu saglabājušās muižu kompleksi, kas tiek izmantoti vēl joprojām?