No Name Description
N/A

Eine Asstellung der Steine unter freiem Himmel, eingerichtet vom litauischen Ärzt Intas Vaclovas (1925 – 2007). Ein Museum der einzigartigen Steine.

N/A

Found on the right bank of the Saka River at Dzintaru Street 1, the museum is in the first red brick and fieldstone building in Pāvilosta.  It was built in 1879 for ship pilots.  The museum focuses on the history of the local region, particularly in terms of fishing and seafaring.  Among the exhibits are stone and bone axes, bronze brooches and belts, as well as a unique honey press, all of which have been found in the Saka Parish.  Alongside the museum is a boathouse with larger exhibits.  A mansard that was opened in 2012 is a site for exhibitions and thematic events.  The museum’s phone number is +371-6349-8276.  Make sure that you also visit the oldest part of Pāvilosta – Āķgals, which is a typical coastline village from the 19th and early 20th century.

N/A

Kakaiši is found 1 km to the South-West from Vecpiebalga, in the tiny village of Kakaiši. The Latvian writer Antons Austriņš (1884-1934) was born there and went to school in Vecpiebalga.  Austriņš is best known for the short story collection “Puiškans” (1931).  The museum features various rural objects, things associated with the author, and exhibits such as his collected works and other books that are worth visiting in the company of a guide.

N/A

This is a homestead that is three km from the centre of Vecpiebalga and is in a lovely place – the Incēni hill.  There is a museum here featuring the author of the legendary fairy tale “Pussy’s Mill” by Kārlis Skalbe (1879-1945).  The poet and prose writer built the building in 1926 and spent summers there from that year until 1944.  The museum was opened in 1987.  The western slope of Vaktskalns hill right alongside the museum offers a lovely view of Lake Alauksts.  The cremated remains of Skalbe and his wife, Lizete, were reinterred at the location in 1992 from Sweden, where the poet died.  There is a unique monument to them in the form of a stone boat.

N/A

Преемник ливов, лесник Эдгар Хаусманис обустроил музей найденных в лесу рогов (более 600 экспонатов).

N/A

Atrodas Naujenē, Daugavpils – Krāslavas (A 6) ceļa malā. Muzeja etnogrāfiskā krājumā apskatāma ekspozīcija „Turīga latviešu zemnieka istaba” ar 19. – 20. gs. sadzīves priekšmetiem. Mazākajiem apmeklētājiem interesanta būs Latvijā vienīgā diorāma "Zemūdens pasaule”, kur var iepazīt Daugavas iemītniekus. Otrpus ceļam plešas labiekārtotais Juzefovas (Juzepovas) parks, kurā atradusies grāfa Bogdana Šahno celtā muižas pils, kas līdz mūsdienām nav saglabājusies.

N/A

The museum was opened in 1977 in an old farmhouse with a reed roof.  The museum features distinguished people from the surrounding area, events there, and the region’s history and traditions.

N/A

Atrodas Jūrmalciema austrumdaļā. Koka šķūnī sakrāti vietējo entuziastu savāktie Jūrmalciema iedzīvotāju sadzīves priekšmeti un amata rīki. Novadpētnieki te var uzzināt vērtīgu informāciju par ciema vēsturi un zvejnieku dzīvesveidu.

N/A

Vieta, bez kuras apmeklējuma nav iedomājama Dzūkijas vēstures un kultūras izziņa! Muzejs meklējams Marcinkones centrā, netālu no dzelzceļa stacijas. To noteikti ir jāiepazīst vietējā gida pavadībā, kas pastāstīs daudz interesantus faktus par dzūku tradīcijām un attiecībām ar mežu. Muzejā ir apskatāma dzīvojamā ēka ar ikdienas sadzīves priekšmetiem un rija, kas pārsteidz ne tikai ar savu plašumu, bet arī vairākiem interesantiem eksponātiem, no kuriem ir jāpiemin milzīgs sēņu grozs (tajā iegāja 110 kg gaileņu!), 750 gadus veca vienkoča paliekas, bitenieku un vietējo amatnieku instrumenti u.c. Rijā notiek ikgadēji ar dzūku kultūru un vēsturi saistīti pasākumi. Visbeidzot, te var iegādāties vietējos suvenīrus un medu. Ja ir vēlme iepazīt Marcinkones tuvāko apkaimi, ar kājām var doties pa 13 km garo Zackagira dabas taku (Zackagirio gamtinis takas).

N/A

This is a collection of cinema and photography items collected by the owner of the Ziķu homestead in the Zirņi Parish, which is in the Saldus Administrative District.  The collection includes antique film cameras and objects that demonstrate the process of taking pictures and films.  The exhibition is in a log building that the owner built – one that resembles bee cells.  Please contact the owner in advance for a tour.

N/A

The farm, established in 1874, today provides comfortable tourist accommodation, saunas, an outdoor pool and organic food made to centuries-old recipes. Its little museum exhibits the exquisite needlework and farm tools of previous generations. All these items have a story to tell about their former owners´ dreams and work.

N/A

Atrodas Grāfu Plāteru parkā, blakus Krāslavas jaunajai pilij. Tas izvietojies vienā no 18. gs. celtajām muižas saimniecības ēkām. Muzeja ekspozīcija ir veidota interesantā veidā – 17 m garā laivā, kas (laiva ar pieciem airiem) ir pilsētas ģerbonis. Muzeja krājums iepazīstina ar Krāslavas novada vēsturi, sākot no akmens laikmeta līdz mūsdienām. Muzejā tiek organizētas Krāslavas mākslinieku izstādes.

N/A

Saimniecības zemi, kas atrodas starp Ulbroku un Vālodzēm, 1929. gadā nopirka tagadējā saimnieka – Dzintara Āboliņa vectēvs. Tajā laikā arī tika uzcelta klēts, kurā glabāja saimniecībā izaudzēto lauksaimniecības produkciju. Krīvu klēts atdzimšana notika pirms 20 gadiem, kad tagadējie saimnieki tajā uzsāka veidot muzeju no sadzīves priekšmetiem un darba instrumentiem, kas savulaik izmantoti Krīvu saimniecībā.
Krīvu klētī piedāvā izglītojoši – tematiskas ekskursijas ar asprātīgiem uzdevumiem, kuros tiek iesaistīti dažādi seno laiku sadzīves priekšmeti. Te var uzvārīt „Cira kāta zupu”, vai uzcept picu. Apmeklētājus iepazīstina ar saimniecības vēsturi, šejienes cilvēku dzīves gaitām, seniem dokumentiem, zemes apstrādes un galdniecības instrumentiem. Īpaša programma piedāvāta jaunlaulātajiem ar graudu malšanu un pakava izkalšanu. Saimnieki organizē gadskārtu (saulgriežu) svinības. Iekārtota īpaša retro istaba, kurā var nofotografēties. Krīvu klēts muzejs piedalās muzeju nakts pasākumos.

N/A

An age-old twisting postal road between Tartu and Võru takes travellers to Varbuse postal station dating from 1863. The Estonian Road Museum is housed in this well-preserved complex of a postal station which creates a wonderful setting for displaying the history of travelling and roads, traffic regulation and machinery. Cross-sections of road pavements disclose the secrets of road building. An outdoor display shows stretches of historic roads from Estonia and former Livonia creating an authentic ambience of the past.

N/A

The location requires a drive through the Pērlis forest and sparsely populated areas.  Silmači features an open-air stage, which was built in the 1980s for just one performance that was staged by the Latvian National Theatre during the Summer Solstice celebration in 1986.  Ever since then, Rūdolfs Blaumanis’ famous play “Tailor Days at Silmači” has been performed here during the season.  Alongside the stage is a museum that features information about the single performance in 1986.  An original manuscript of the play (1902) can also be viewed.

N/A

This is the farm of a moderately wealthy Selonian farmer from the 19th century. It features a residential building with a mantel chimney, two granaries, a threshing barn, a sauna, a windmill, a smithy, a steam locomotive and a threshing machine. Groups will enjoy thematic programmes such as “Crafts at the Selonian Farm,” “When Honey Melts on Your Tongue,” and “A Wedding at the Selonian Farm.”

N/A

The museum is in the mansion of the Dole Estate, which was built in 1898 for the Loeuwis von Menar dynasty.  The collection presents Daugava as an important water route, with the apparel of Baltic and Liv tribes, everyday objects, etc.  Outside the movement is equipment to catch lampreys and a reconstructed weir to catch salmon.  Alongside is a 17th century cannon from the Duchy of Courland that was found in the Misa River and was cast in Baldone.  Nearby are four cannons from the Russian tsar’s army.  Those were found on a building lot in Salaspils in 2007.

N/A

Pirms dodamies tālāk – Skaistkalnes virzienā, var izmest nelielu loku līdz Lejeniekiem, kas atrodas skaistā vietā – Mēmeles kreisajā krastā, 6 km austrumos no Bauskas. Latviešu dzejnieka Viļa Plūdoņa (1874. – 1940.) memoriālais muzejs dibināts 1968. g. viņa dzimtajās mājās „Lejeniekos”. Zemgales daba un vecmātes stāsti būtiski ietekmēja nākamā dzejnieka daiļradi. Šeit nokļuvušie var apskatīt ratu un etnogrāfisko priekšmetu kolekciju, izstaigāt Plūdoņa taku vai apmeklēt dzejnieka un viņa radinieku atdusas vietu netālu esošajos kapos. Bērniem noteikti jāiegriežas “Zaķīšu pirtiņā”.

N/A

The museum has more than 120,000 objects which focus on the history of Liepāja and Southern Kurzeme from the Stone Age to the 19th century.  Another exhibition is focused on the life and work of the wood sculptor Miķelis Pankoks (1894-1983).  New art exhibitions are periodically staged at the museum.

N/A

Located at Pils Street 25A in Alūksne, this is a building that was initially a trade pavilion and was built in the early 20th century.  The Ernst Glück Bible Museum was established in 1990 as the only museum of its type in Latvia and the Baltic States.  Glück (1652-1705) was a pastor and educator who was the first to translate the Bible into Latvian.  The exhibition features various editions of the Bible from 1694 to the present day in 38 languages, along with books of sermons and other examples of Christian literature.