No Name Description
N/A

Die Straße führt durch die ehemaligen Fischerdörfer. Eine bessere Radfahr-Alternative auf der Strecke zwischen Häädemeeste und Ainaži.

N/A
The Cemetery of the Brethren. A wood pathway leads from the Rīga­Ventspils highway (A10) to a memorial rock dedicated to men who fell during World War II.
N/A
„Upmaļi” is the family house of writer Janis Klīdzējs who has written 8 novels, 11 storybooks, 2 essay books and reflections about Latgalian catholic-Latvian mentality. Janis Streičs (famous Latvian film director) shot a film based on the novel of Janis Klīdzējs called „The Child of a Man”.
N/A
The Smārde saloon has a very long history, and food is served here. There is a car park, and approx. 100 m to the East is a cemetery and monument to commemorate soldiers who fell during World War II.
N/A

Das alte zemgalicshe wirtschaftspolitische Zentrum, das eine stark befestigte Siedlung vor der Ankunft der Kreuzritter war. Die Ruinen der Burg des Livländischen Ordens.

N/A

The Lake Castle of Āraiši is of pan-European importance. It is a reconstructed Lettigalian lake castle from the 9th or 10th century, and it is the only place in the Baltic States at which visitors can learn about how people lived more than 1,000 years ago. The castle offers various thematic events.

N/A

In Metsanurme Village Centre you can see restored old threshing barn, limestone barn oven and few tools that were used ages ago. You could be also interested in seeing an outdoor exhibition which focuses on historical agricultural tools. All of this is made to look interesting to not only locals but also visitors.

N/A

Находится на ул. Базницас, д. 17. Здание построено в XVII веке, как жилой дом кулдигского бургомистра. В 1701 году здесь гостил король Швеции Карл XII, который в передней оставил огромный сундук (2 х 2,5 м), на который после реставрации можно взглянуть и сегодня.

N/A

Around 6 km in length and an isolated route stretching between Ragaciems and Klapkalnciems where, as stories about olden days tell, robbers used to attack travelers. Around 1.5 km before Klapkalnciems (going from the side of Ragaciems), in the dune by the sea there is installed a commemorational stone dedicated to the Finnish jaeger battles. It was installed on December 09, 1997. The stone has "travelled" from the south-eastern part of Finland where in 1940 it served as an anti-tank defense. In the monument, there are engraved the words, "Here during World War I, from August 1916 to December fought the Finnish yeagers". In turn, in Klapkalnciems there is installed a commemorational stone in the place where there are buried five Finnish soldiers.

N/A

A haven for Russian Old Believers. Mustvee village has held fairs for the past two centuries. It is also a traditional fishing town.

N/A

This set of buildings represents a homestead for a fisherman and a farmer.  The house was built in 1926, and the ancillary buildings all date back to the first half of the 20th century.  The homestead can be seen from the road.

N/A

Near the place where the Kilmiņupe River flows into the sea is the legendary Trommel castle hill, which was a Medieval fortification.  It is some 100 m from the Kraujas homestead.  An archaeological dig in 1977 found fragments of bricks and pot-bellied stoves, which suggests that the fortifications date back to the Middle Ages.  The location also is linked to stories about a pirate, Trommel, who buried his loot here.  The holes in the area have been left behind by treasure hunters.  Trommel supposedly robbed ships in the Bay of Rīga from the shores of Kurzeme to Roņu Island.  Many ships docked here in ancient times, waiting for better winds so that they could pass by Cape Kolka.  The pirate made use of this fact, also pillaging property from sunken ships.  It is said that Trommel lived in a stone castle. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

This is a location that is of interest at the Latvian and Baltic level. Fans of Medieval history can learn about the everyday lives of people during the Livonian era, with demonstrations given to anyone who is interested. Visitors to Geidānmuiža can enjoy various opportunities throughout the year. During the winter, there are activities with long-stemmed weapons, sled trips along Lake Āraiši, skating on bone skates, as well as traditional winter games. During the summer, there is javelin throwing, throwing of battle knives and axes, use of slingshots, military running while wearing full armour, basic sword fighting training, horseback riding in partial armour, and testing of a catapult with rocks. A particularly satisfying activity is sampling foods from the Livonian era. Geidānmuiža is found at the Āraiši manse, which is near the Āraiši Lutheran church.

N/A

The building was erected during the first period of Latvian independence, and it maintained its functions for a long time.  The building is located at Tukuma Street 30.  Beginning in 1940, the post office had an automated telephone central.  The Postal Service no longer uses it, and the building can only be viewed from the outside.

N/A

The graveyard that is alongside the Lestene Lutheran Church is the final resting place for more than 900 soldiers who fell during World War II, particularly during battles at the so-called Fortress of Kurzeme, as well as in Zemgale and Vidzeme.  The sculptress Arta Dumpe designed the commemorative monument “Mother Motherland – Latvia.”  The cemetery of the brethren is the second largest resting place for soldiers from World War II after the Cemetery of the Brethren in Rīga.  The names of some 11,000 soldiers are engraved on the gravestones.

N/A

This is a very interesting monument to the history of fishing in the region.  These areas had docks and areas where fishermen built huts to store their nets and other inventory.  The areas also had a social role – men came together to discuss work that had to be done, while women and children wove nets.  The huts at Bigauņciems were eventually washed into the sea, and the areas at Ragaciems have been partly destroyed.  The ones at Lapmežciems are the ones which are best preserved.  One of the net huts has been restored, but the others are in very poor condition, indeed.  That may be why you should focus on these huts as you walk along the beach.  Make sure that you take some pictures of this historic location.

N/A

Built in the turn of the19th to 20th century. Next to it-on the right bank of the river Vēršupīte, there is located one of the most popular Latvian sulphur water springs, called "Small lizard". The spring runs out from a stone-designed lizard sculptured in 1949 (Sculptor J. Bajārs). Its water is healthy for using both internally and externally. Not far from the pavilion there can be found Jānis Lībietis alley sign. J. Lībietis worked in the position of a director for the sulphur water spring authority of Kemeri from 1928 to 1944.

N/A

Eine der größten befestigten Siedlungen im Bezirk Harju, befindert sich auf einer Erhebung des natürlichen Kliffs Nordestlands.