No Name Description
N/A

 The Lašu castle hill is 0.2 km from the Vecumnieki-Ilūkste road at Laši. It is an ancient Selonian castle hill, and it was populated between the 1st millennium BC and the 10th or 12th century. Very little remains of the old Veclaši (Tiesenhausen) Estate, which had an impressive mansion designed in the Neo-Gothic style in the late 19th century. What remains are an ancillary building, the foundations of the mansion, fragments of the gates, and a park. Until 1920, the estate belonged to the Pshezdzetski dynasty, and before that it was owned by the Tiesenhausen and Fittinghoff dynasties. Before visiting the location, look for photographs of the old mansion on the Internet. Sadly, the important cultural monument has not experienced any major improvements over the past 20 years.

 

N/A

Altja village in Lahemaa National Park was first recorded in writing in 1465. It is a typical seaside village with houses along one street. Traditional farmsteads of Uustalu and Toomarahva from the late 19th C are open to visitors. Renovated fishnet sheds are located on Altja Cape. The village has a swing and a tavern (Altja Kõrts) providing national food 

N/A

Svētkalnā atradusies krustnešu nocietinātā pils. Zemgaļiem to nebija pa spēkam ieņemt, tādēļ, nodedzinādami savu pili Tērvetes pilskalnā (1286. g.), tie aizgāja uz Raktes (Žagares) novadu Lietuvā. Kad Svētkalna nocietinājumi bija zaudējusi savu militāro nozīmi, krustneši to nojauca. 1701. g. Ziemeļu kara laikā Svētkalnā atradās zviedru armijas nocietinātā apmetne, no kā arī cēlies vietvārds. Domājams, ka pirms tam šajā vietā atradusies seno zemgaļu svētvieta. No Svētkalna paveras viena no skaistākajām un biežāk fotografētajām Tērvetes ainavām.

N/A

Vijciema čiekurkalte savu darbību uzsāka 1895. g. pēc plašiem apkārtnes meža ugunsgrēkiem. Šobrīd tā ir vecākā Latvijā un viena no vecākajām Eiropas čiekuru kaltēm. Pēc ceturtdaļgadsimta dīkstāves to atjaunoja 1992. g. Vienreizējais kultūrvēstures piemineklis ir saglabāts pilnīgā darba kārtībā. Ēkā atrodas 19. gs. beigās ražotā autentiskā iekārta un aprīkojums. Arī mūsdienās to izmanto čiekuru žāvēšanai. Ekskursijas laikā apmeklētāji var iepazīties pilnu čiekuru (g.k. – priedes) apstrādes ciklu. Ziemā, kad ir īstais čiekuru žāvēšanas laiks, te demonstrē kaltēšanas procesu. Vijciema čiekurkalte ir iekļauta Eiropas kultūras mantojuma objektu sarakstā.

N/A
Marking of the Jānis Lībietis Alley in the Ķemeri Park – Lībietis directed the institution which managed the Ķemeri sulphurous springs from 1928 until 1944, and the monument to him is at the end of the Jānis Lībietis Pathway
N/A

The Lake Castle of Āraiši is of pan-European importance. It is a reconstructed Lettigalian lake castle from the 9th or 10th century, and it is the only place in the Baltic States at which visitors can learn about how people lived more than 1,000 years ago. The castle offers various thematic events.

N/A

In 1804 Käsmu founded the first Estonian naval school and from 1798 – 1920 built more than 40 ships. Now there is a museum about seafaring. 

N/A
Eine alte Ortschaft am linken Ufer des Flusses Nemunas. Liškiava-Kirche und Kloster, heiliger Berg und Burgberg mit den Ruinen der am Ende des 14. Jh unter Leitung von Vytautas der Großen gebauten Burg. Ein Kultstein mit einem Kühstapfen.
N/A

Eine der größten befestigten Siedlungen im Bezirk Harju, befindert sich auf einer Erhebung des natürlichen Kliffs Nordestlands.

N/A

The graveyard that is alongside the Lestene Lutheran Church is the final resting place for more than 900 soldiers who fell during World War II, particularly during battles at the so-called Fortress of Kurzeme, as well as in Zemgale and Vidzeme.  The sculptress Arta Dumpe designed the commemorative monument “Mother Motherland – Latvia.”  The cemetery of the brethren is the second largest resting place for soldiers from World War II after the Cemetery of the Brethren in Rīga.  The names of some 11,000 soldiers are engraved on the gravestones.

N/A
„Upmaļi” is the family house of writer Janis Klīdzējs who has written 8 novels, 11 storybooks, 2 essay books and reflections about Latgalian catholic-Latvian mentality. Janis Streičs (famous Latvian film director) shot a film based on the novel of Janis Klīdzējs called „The Child of a Man”.
N/A

It lies between Pīlādžu street and the left bank of the river Siliņupe. In the 3rd to 2nd millenium B.C., there was a fishermen and hunters' settlement in the place of which there is installed an informational commemorational stone (Sculptor O.Skarainis). The settlement near the river Siliņupe is the oldest known human settlement in the area of the Ķemeri National Park. There are found many artifacts: pottery fragments and arrow tips, flint and amber pieces, etc..It is possible that the adjacent residential area has been the place of a cemetery. A small portion of the finds is displayed at the Lapmežciems Museum, the other ones are located in the National History Museum of Latvia.

N/A

In Metsanurme Village Centre you can see restored old threshing barn, limestone barn oven and few tools that were used ages ago. You could be also interested in seeing an outdoor exhibition which focuses on historical agricultural tools. All of this is made to look interesting to not only locals but also visitors.

N/A

Tiek uzskatīta par vecāko alus darītavu Ziemeļeiropā. Tā tika uzcelta 1878. gadā, un tās pirmais īpašnieks bija grāfs Emanuels fon Zīverss (Sievers), Cēsu pils muižas saimnieks. Savukārt 1922. gadā alus darītavu pārpirka Cēsu uzņēmēji un sāka tur ražot arī vīnu, sulas un minerālūdeni. Uzņēmums "Cēsu alus" šeit alu un atspirdzinošus dzērienus ražoja no 1976. līdz 2001. gadam, bet šobrīd tas ir pārcēlies uz jaunām telpām.  Šobrīd ēkā tiek organizētas dažādas izstādes, kā arī ēku var apskatīt no ārpuses.

N/A

Beliebte und eine der ältesten Straßen in Jurmala zwischen Dzintari und Majori. Die 1,1 km lange Straße mit Wirtshäusern, Sommercafés und Souvenirladen.

N/A

Pašā Vidzemes šosejas malā pirms Melturu tilta pāri Amatai ir privātais muzejs "Mežabrāļu bunkurs". Bunkurs izveidots, lai varētu vēstīt par Nacionālo partizānu mežabrāļu cīņu laikā no 1944.-1956. gadam, kad mežos pret okupācijas varu cīnījās ap 20 000 Latvijas patriotu.

N/A

Setomaa in South-East Estonia is a unique area for its people (the Seto) and culture. The historic location in the borderland between East and West, straddling two languages and cultures has shaped the local language, life style, clothes and food. A very specific type of singing – leelo – is incorporated in the UNESCO list of Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Visitors are advised to follow the Seto Külävüü route from Võõpsu to Luhamaa through many villages to better understand the area.
Traditional Seto food is found at Seto Teahouse (tsäimaja) (+372 505 4673, www.setomuuseum.ee) in Värska and at Taarka Tarõ in the Seto Community Centre in Obinitsa (+372 5620 3374, http://taarkatare.com). Catering for groups should be booked in advance, cultural shows can also be booked.

N/A

Ein zweistöckiges Holzhaus auf dem Uošvės-Hügel mit wunderschönem Blick aufs Haff. Hier hat drei Sommer der Träger des Nobelpreises, deutscher Schriftsteller Thomas Mann (1875 – 1955) verbracht.

N/A

The cosy land road along the sea is 1 km long, and it offers a look at the wonderful aspects of the village.  To the right are rocks from the sea, as well as miniature flower gardens on the seashore with tempting benches and overturned boats.  On the side of the shore is the Kaltene library, which is more than 100 years ago.  It was initially a summer home for Baron Nolken, and it was built in 1899.  Later it was rebuilt several times and took on new roles.  An elementary school was installed here in 1926, after which it became a club and then, in 1992, a primary school once again.  The path runs along beautiful seashore homesteads, among which one can find the former homes of old fishermen and ship builders such as Burliņi.  At one time, the Žulnieki portage at Smilgas was the site of  the kiln of blacksmith Pēteris Valdemārs.  He was the main blacksmith for ships between Kaltene and Upesgrīve. (Source: Roja TIC)

N/A

In the 19th century at the seaside of Skulte, a small village formed, which was inhabited by fishermen. The name “Zvejniekciems” (Fishermen’s village) arose from the population's main activity. In 1967 the Skulte part of Zvejniekciems was added to the Saulkrasti township. Nowadays Zvejniekciems is the home of Skulte Port, and the rocky beach of Zvejniekciems is located between the port and Saulkrasti Beach, while the village itself can be proud of the creative heritage left by the architect Marta Staņa (1913–1972).