No Name Description
N/A

Daugavpils – Krāslavas (A 6) ceļa malā redzamais dievnams uzcelts ar Plāteru dzimtas pārstāvju – Vaclava un Kazimira Plātera atbalstu 1811. gadā. Dievnamu ieskauj metālkaluma un no ķieģeļiem mūrēts žogs, kā arī divi zvanu torņi. Labās puses zvanu tornī karājas vecs zvans. No baznīcas iekārtas ir jāpiemin galvenais altāris, ko rotā Dievmātes skulptūra, trīs biktskrēsli, četras evaņģēlistu sienas freskas un Lurdas Dievmātes glezna. Ikdienā apskatāma no ārpuses.

N/A
Blessed Our Lady’s Birth Roman Catholic Church of Kaunata was rebuilt in 1850 by Zuzanna Druva after the wooden building was burned down. The church has a fabric icon „St. Elizabeth is visited by Mary”.
N/A

The Krāslava Catholic Church was built between 1755 and 1767 after a design by the Italian architect A. Paracco, and it is considered to be Latgale’s most outstanding Baroque monument. The interior can be toured, and you can also visit the restored cemetery where members of the Plater family of noblemen are buried.

N/A

The church was built in the Neoromantic style between 1936 and 1939 on the basis of a design by the architect Pavlov.  It was consecrated before the completion of construction, this happening in 1937.  The church honours the Anguished Mother of God, and the central altar is dedicated to her.  Icons in the building date back to the early 20th century, and a statue of the Fatima Mother of God is in the yard near the entrance.

N/A

The church was built during the rule of Baron Otto Hermann von Fittinghof and built between 1781 and 1788 by the architect Christoph Haberland.  Built in the style of Classicism, the church has elements of the Baroque style and a set of colourful rocks in a mosaic on the façade.  The organ was built in 1855 by August Martin, and the bell was evacuated to Russia during World War I.  The congregation replaced it with a much older bell (1530).  The altar painting, “Baptism of Christ” was pained by an unknown artist and was restored in 2000.  During the mid-19th century, there were many Estonians in the congregation, so worship services were held in Estonian, too.  The church was restored in 1934, and now it dominates the city with its 55.5 m high tower.

N/A
Sts. Simon and Judas Roman Catholic Church of Dricāni was built in 1859 on the top of the hill. There is the wooden altar of the Holy Spirit, decorated with woodcarvings, wooden statuettes and the icon of Simon and Jude.
N/A

The owner of the Stāmeriena Estate was Baron Johann Gottlieb von Wolff, and his wife, Sofia Potyomkina, was a member of the Russian Orthodox faith, so work on the church began in 1902.  It was consecrated two years later.  The crosses on the steeple of the church are known for mountain crystals that were presented by the Wolff dynasty.  Contact the church in advance for a tour of its interior.

N/A

Atrodas Labraga – Apriķu ceļa malā. Kāds nostāsts vēsta, ka to 1896. gadā cēlis vietējais muižkungs, kurš vēlējies, lai viņa meitas laulības notiktu baznīcā. Dievnamā atrodas altārglezna "Kristus pie krusta un Sv. Marija Magdalēna", kas gleznota 19. gadsimtā (autors T. Šprengels).

N/A

Eine einzigartige Kirche mit einem im 17. Jh. beiseite gebauten Glockenturm.

N/A
Tiskādi Old-Believers Prayer House was built in 1886 and reconstructed in 1905. The large church was sanctified 100 years ago. It is situated in the district which is mostly populated by Old Believers. The church stands on the hill.
N/A

The church has a non-traditional design and layout: the altar is in the middle but the pulpit- above the altar. The church has also an original bell tower with a bell casted in 1634. The present wooden interior was created by the students of Riga Crafts High School. Next to the church there are ruins of the old church and the rectory where at the end of the 18th century as a tutor worked Garlieb Merkel who in Liepupe observed events used in his famous book "Latvians".

N/A

When you drive down the Nereta-Ilūkste road, the church, which was built in 1805 and restored in 1888, can be seen from a distance. The altar, pulpit and organ prospectus are all original. German soldiers who fell during World War I are buried outside of the church. Two plaques on the western wall of the building honour residents of the Laši Parish who died during the First World War, as well as those local residents who suffered Soviet repressions.

N/A
From the tower of St Simon’s Lutheran Church, you can see the central part of Valmiera and the banks of the Gauja River. During clear weather, you can see Zilaiskalns Hill. The church contains some cultural and historical treasures, as well as one of Latvia’s most resonant pipe organs.
N/A

Atrodas pilsētas centrā - Tirgus laukuma malā. Dievnams tapis 1495. g., pēc Livonijas ordeņa mestra Valtera fon Pletenberga (~ 1450. – 1535.) pavēles. Gadsimtiem ritot, ēka pārbūvēta un tagad redzamais tornis celts 1907. g. Baznīcā apskatāmi nozīmīgi kultūrvēstures pieminekļi: altārglezna “Golgāta” - H. Kīperta darināta kopija (pēc K. Arnoldi Kandavas luterāņu baznīcas oriģināla (1864. g.)), muižniekam Fīlipam Drahenfelsam veltīta epitāfija (B. Bodekers, 16. un 17. gs. mija), A. D. Tīzenhauzenas kapu plāksne (1648. g.), kristāmtrauka pamatne (18. gs.) un piemiņas plāksne 1. pasaules karā un Latvijas Brīvības cīņās kritušajiem draudzes locekļiem (1925. g.). Ap Tirgus laukumu (atjaunots, jauka strūklaka) izvietojies Dobeles vēsturiskais centrs.

N/A
St. Michael the Archangel Roman Catholic Church of Viļāni. The Church together with the Monastery of Bernardian Order was built in the middle of the 18th century. It is a national cultural monument. Many important paintings, sculptures and objects of applied arts have survived here. The Church has an organ and a fisharmony. The status of national importance was awarded to the architectural monument in 1952.
N/A
Puderova Old-Believers Prayer House. The architectural monument of local importance was built in the beginning of the 20th century.
N/A

The Archangel Michael Catholic Church of Subate is in the historical centre of Subate. The building, which does not have a tower, was built of fieldstones in 1831, with financing from Count Mikhail Sieberg-Plater. An impressive bell tower was built in front of it. The church contains a sculptural group, “Golgotha,” from the late 18th century, along with a crucifix and a major altar relief that is made of carved wood. It is based on the globally famous Leonardo da Vinci fresco “The Holy Supper.”

N/A

The St George Lutheran Church of Subate is on the north-eastern shore of Lesser Lake Subate. The church was built in the Byzantium style in 1685 and 1868 and was commissioned by the owner of the Prode Estate, H.F. Osten-Sacken. This is the only church in Latvia which is reminiscent of the typical appearance of Protestant churches in the late 17th century. The small towers at the corners of the building are of interest. Inside you will find a richly ornamented ensemble of sculptures and wood carvings, including a 17th-century altar, pulpit and pews, as well as artworks from the 17th and 18th century and a bell that was cast in 1682. Some of the interior design was the work of students at the Stelmuže wood carving school.

N/A

Located at 1 Katedrāles Street. The oldest church in Ķemeri was built in 1893 in the style of the wooden churches of the Northern Russia. (Architect V. Lunskis). Near the church, there are buried 97 Russian soldiers killed in World War I for whom in 1925, a monument was unveiled-a black marble cross. Not far from the church you can find the Brethren's Cemetery and a monument to the Soviet soldiers who died from the wounds in World War II and after the war. This is the oldest church in Ķemeri. According to legends, it is built without a single nail. You can see the church during the worship but the visitors must be appropriately dressed! During the rest of the time, the building can be viewed from the outside.

N/A
Rečina Old-Believers Prayer House was built in 1912. It has a rectangular shape with a single-hall, rubble-wall foundation and a small tower on the top of the altar.