No Name Description
N/A

Gebaut am Ende des 13. Jh. als eine dreischiffige Basilika im romanischen Stil mit gotischen Elementen. 1853 wurde der 65 m hohe Turm aufgebaut (Aussichtsplatz). In der Kirche befinden sich die Grabsteine der livonischen Bischöfe, Kanzel (1748), Altar aus Eichenholz (1858), Altarbild (1862), Buntglasfenster und eine der besten Orgeln Lettlands (1907).

N/A

Celta ~ 1560. g. vietā, kur agrāk atradusies Sakas osta. Dievnamā apskatāms > 170 gadus vecs kuģa modelis. Vietējie ticēja, kas tas aizsargā jūrniekus un bojāejas. Šāda tradīcija Latvijā ir novērojama tikai dažās baznīcās. Baznīcu var apskatīt arī no iekšpuses.

N/A
St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church of Ciskādi was built approximately in 1990. The brick building is an example of Romanesque style. The church has a specific icon called „Madonna and the child”, crucifix and the organ.
N/A

Preiļos, blakus viesu namam „Pie Pliča” (Raiņa bulvāris) ikviens var apskatīt un ieiet Latgales un Latvijas mazākajā dievnamā – kapelā.

N/A
Holy Trinity Parish Catholic Church of Strūžāni was renovated and sanctified in 1958. The church has no towers because they were not allowed in the time of the Soviet Union.
N/A

It is said that after a shipwreck near Cape Kolka, a rescued Danish tradesman financed the building of a church in Kolka in thanks for his rescue.  There are several churches in Kolka which have changed their location.  The stone worship house that can be seen today has foundations that were laid by the former owner of the Dundaga Estate, Karl Ludwig Ferdinant von der Osten-Zaken.  The church was built at or near the site of an old wooden church which suffered much damage during the Crimean War.  The work on the church was begun by builder Oto Zīverts in 1885 on the basis of a design by the architect T. Zeiler.  During the Soviet era, the church was vandalised, and a warehouse was installed there.  It is worth looking at the modernist altar painting by Helēna Heinrihsone.  It is said that there is no similar painting in any other church.  Before the painting was hung, a cross hung at its location.

N/A

Atrodas Pļaviņu HES ūdenskrātuves krastā (R. Blaumaņa ielas galā) iepretim salai, uz kuras top Likteņdārzs. Baznīca (celta 1687. g.) ir vairākkārt atjaunota (1731., 1887.). Tagad redzamais tornis tapis par Stukmaņu muižas īpašnieku atvēlētajiem līdzekļiem. Baznīcā par mācītāju kalpojis Ernests Gliks. Padomju laikos ēkā atradies Stučkas vēstures un mākslas muzejs. Apmeklētāji var uzkāpt dievnama tornī (čuguna zvans!), kā arī aplūkot mākslinieka A. Dobenberga gleznas. Baznīca ir atvērta un apskatāma arī no iekšpuses.

N/A
Krupenišku Old-Believer Prayer House was built in 1908. The autor of the design is engineer I. Ivanov. At present the church is in bad tehnical condition.
N/A

The present wooden church on the hill was built in 1947 but today it has been restored. Currently, the deanery of Rezekne is located there. Every day you can see it from the outside. Until 1960, in Dukstigals there were two congregations: White Dukstigals (Šadurska) and Black Dukstigal (Slobodska). In White Dukstigals, the church was built in 1775. In 1960, during the time of the Soviet power, the church was violently demolished, despite the fact that it was an architectural monument and the oldest wooden church in Latgale-367years old! The "excuse" was the explanation that one congregation must not have two churches.

N/A
Tiskādi Orthodox Church is the cultural monument of the local significance. The construction works of the building lasted from 1829 to 1878. The church was reconstructed in 2008. The church has antique icons and the library of sacred literature.
N/A

Atrodas Bauskas vēsturiskajā centrā, Plūdoņa ielā 13 a un ir šīs pilsētas daļas vecākā ēka. Dievnams celts 1591. - 1594. g. vēlās gotikas stilā, bet tornis piebūvēts 1614. g. Baznīcas iekšpusē atrodas nozīmīgi mākslas pieminekļi: altāris (1699. g., pārbūvēts 1861. g., mākslinieks J. Dērings), kancele (1762. g.) un ērģeļu prospekts (1766. g.) – abi Nikolaja fon Korfa dāvinājums, draudzes soli (17. gs. vidus – 18. gs. sāk.), senākais no koka veidotais Bauskas ģerboņa attēlojums (1640. g.), deviņas 16. – 17. gs. kapu plāksnes, epitāfijas u.c. Baznīca, kurā ir vērts ieiet!

N/A

Kolka Evangelical Lutheran Church. A story has survived of one Danish trader saved in a shipwreck at Kolkasrags who in gratitude built a church in Kolka. The church had changed its location for three times in Kolka. The foundation of the church visible nowadays and built of boulders was laid by Karl Ludwig Ferdinand von der Osten-Zaken, the former owner of the Dundaga estate. It was built instead of the wooden church (or close to it) which was heavily damaged during the Crimean War. The first construction works were started in 1885 by the construction foreman Otto Sievert (Architect: T. Zeiler). In the Soviet time, the church was vandalized and it was used as a warehouse. It is worth to see the modern- style altarpiece
(a donation of the artist Helen Heinrihson) which does not have a counterpart in any other church. Before in its place there was placed a cross.
Kolka Orthodox Church. Data on the Liv turning to orthodoxy are provided by a document found in the tower of the Kolka Orthodox Church (see also below) during restoration works (the nineties of the last century) that was placed there during building of the church in 1885. It says that the Liv turning to orthodoxy or the so-called emperor's faith "has nothing to do with the religious belief but it is a means to get the earthly benefits or pleasures." In 1885, the orthodox congregation purchased land from baron Osten-Zaken. In 1890, a church, priest's house and school building were built on it. All the buildings have survived until now. The church has its own congregation and worships are held once a month. Information is found that Kolka is the only Liv coastal village where in the nineties of the 19th century there was built an orthodox church. The church bell is place "occupied" in 1936. In the Soviet time, the Church was used as a chapel but nowadays it performs its original role.

N/A

Iespaidīgais un monumentālais dievnams uzcelts 1816. gadā. No baznīcas nozīmīgākajām interjera detaļām ir saglabājušās ērģeles, altārglezna, lustra un kroņlukturis. Jāpiebilst, ka baznīca savā pastāvēšanas laikā nav pārtraukusi savu darbību.

N/A

The first wooden church was built here in 1252, and the brick church was built in 1665.  It burned down and was restored in 1672, but it was rebuilt in later years.  There are important artistic monuments in the interior of the church – the altar, the pulpit and the painted organ.  Legendary Duke Jacob Kettler of Courland (1610-1682) was baptised in the church and married Princess Charlotte Louise from Brandenburg in it.  During the Soviet era, the church housed a museum and a concert hall.  According to legend, the name of the church is based on a woman called Catherine, who donated funds to build the church, was subjected to lies, tortured and then proclaimed as a saint.  Above the side entrance is a medallion of a woman with a crown of thorns, torture equipment and a sword in her hand.  Elements of this story can also be seen in the herald of Kuldīga.  The steeple of the church offers a good look at the roofs of the ancient part of the city.

N/A

Ein im gotischen Stil gebautes Gotteshaus wurde 1888 eingeweiht. Daneben befindet sich ein etnografischer Friedhoff aus dem 19 – 20 Jh. mit ungewöhnlichen Grabkreuzen aus Holz. In den Formen der Kreuze sind die Motiven von Pflanzen, Vögeln, Tieren zu sehen.

N/A

The Skaistkalne Roman Catholic Church is in the southern part of Skaistkalne and on the right bank of the Mēmele River valley. The Baroque church is known as the most beautiful Catholic church in Zemgale. The ornate interior and the graves of clergymen and noblemen can be toured.

N/A

Eine der schönsten Landkirchen Estlands, wurde ursprünglich als Zufluchtsort verwendet. Wurde im Stil der Frühgotik gebaut. Die Wandmalerei aus dem Jahr 1330.

N/A

Mūsdienās redzamais iespaidīgais dievnams tapis ilgākā laika posmā. Jau 1870. g. latviešu draudze sāka vākt ziedojumus neogotiskās baznīcas celtniecībai, ko pabeidza 1904. gadā (V. Neimaņa projekts). Ēkas iekšpusi rotā dekoratīvi zvaigžņu velvju griesti, bet tās altārdaļā izvietotasmākslinieka J. Šķērstena veidotās vitrāžas (1940. g.) un 17. gs. kristāmtrauks. Baznīcu ieskauj plašs dārzs.

N/A
Guriliški Old-Believers Prayer House was built in the beginning of the 20th century. It has a very old bell that was made in 1939.
N/A

Atrodas Ēdoles centrā. Dievnams tapis 17. gs. vidū, pateicoties Ēdoles pils īpašnieka - Johana Dītriha Bēra iniciatīvai, kas to veltījis sava noslepkavotā tēva piemiņai, domādams, ka tādējādi varēs izpirkt brāļa Filipa - tēva slepkavas grēkus. Lai izpirktu savējos, J. D. Bērs licis sevi paglabāt zem baznīcas durvju sliekšņa. Dievnama iekštelpas rotā sākotnējais baroka interjers, kā arī krāšņs ērģeļu prospekts un luktu apdares elementi.