No Name Description
N/A

The building was built in 1800 and rebuilt in 1825. Zosna Catholic Church is one of the smallest wooden churches in Latgale and the oldest church of the Rāzna National Park. The building is famous for the altarpiece "Madonna with a child". Noteworthy is also the gate, fence (built from red bricks and boulders) and the bell tower. Not far from the church there lives a manager with whom you can agree on seeing the church from the inside.

N/A

The church was built in 1835, and its greatest treasure is the organ, which was built by Karl Bittner in 1854.  The manse is being restored.  Boats are available for rental.

N/A

The Rēzekne Old Believer Prayer House of St Nicholas is in the southern part of the city, at Siņicina Street 4. The house of worship was built in 1895 and rebuilt in 1906. Its tower has three silver and brass bells (restored), and one of them is thought to be the largest bell in Latvia (4,832 kg with a tongue that weighs 200 kg in and of itself). Alongside is a museum which features the cultural and religious environment of the Old Believers.

N/A

Mūsdienās redzamo (pēc skaita – trešo) baznīcu cēla laikā no 1835. - 1837. g. (ampīra stilā) Mārča Sāruma vadībā. Arī šīs ēkas projektēšanā par paraugu bija ņemts Pievolgas vācu baznīcu veidols, tādēļ tā līdzīga Dzērbenes luterāņu baznīcai. Dievnama altāri rotā Otto Donnera fon Rihtera glezna “Kristus debesbraukšana” (1898. g.). E. Martina firmā būvētās 10 reģistru ērģeles (1901. g.) darbojās arī šodien. Pie Drustu baznīcas atrodas 1932. g. atklātais un formās iespaidīgais (E. Kuraua firmas veidots) granīta piemineklis 1. pasaules karā un Latvijas Brīvības cīņās kritušo piemiņai. Nelielā baznīcas sienas nišā novietota piemiņas plāksne komunisma terora upuriem.

N/A

Work on a new church began in 1574 at the commission of Duke Gotthard Kettler of Courland and Zemgale.  The steeple was installed between 1686 and 1688, and in 1862 its height was increased to 80.5 m.  The church burned down because of Soviet bombardment on July 27, 1944, and in 1954 the Soviet military blew up its ruins.  Reconstruction of the steeple began in 2009, and it now has an outstanding interactive museum that is particularly interesting for children, along with a glassed viewing platform.

N/A

Nelielā izmēra ēka (balts ķieģeļu mūris, ar dēļiem apšūts zems tornis) atrodas Liepājas – Klaipēdas šosejas (A 11) malā. 20. gadsimta sākumā tā kalpojusi kā lūgšanu nams, taču tā paša gadsimta vidū pārbūvēta, uzceļot torni.

N/A

Atrodas Rucavas galvenās ielas malā, netālu no centra.Rucavas draudzi dibināja 1871. gadā, bet izmēros nelielo dievnamu uzcēla 1888. gadā.

N/A
Sts. Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church of Ozolmuiža was built in 1820 by the foundation of counts Plāteri-Zībergi. It is a stone building with a small bell tower. The church has a huge stone altar with four columns and a massive cross. It is a monument of state importance.
N/A

An old legend about this church says that once upon a time, a worship service was being held during a storm, and a ship was sinking near the old cemetery.  The priest picked up a flag and an incense dish and asked congregation members to join him in a rescue effort.  A rowboat was dispatched to the sinking ship, which managed to rescue some of the crew, while the ship with the captain and the other crew members eventually washed up on shore.  In honour of this rescue, the captain dubbed the place Felixberg (or fortunate shore).  Later the territory became known as Pilsberga, and it became Jūrkalne during the first period of Latvian independence.

N/A

There are records to show that there has been a church at this location since the 17th century, and the current one was built between 1792 and 1794 by the chief construction specialist of the city of Rīga, Christopher Haberland.  He designed the cupola-shaped building, with the cupola ensuring good acoustics inside the building.  The altar is opposite the entrance door.  Between the columns of the building is an altar painting showing Christ and St Peter on a storm-ravaged sea.  Other important objects include chalices from the 18th or 19th century, candelabras, etc.  The building was restored in 2014.  To the South from it is the Katlakalns cemetery, which is the final resting place of the distinguished Baltic German writer Garlieb Merkel (1769-1850).  He was of great importance in ensuring the end of indentured servitude in Latvia.

N/A

1744. gadā celtā mūra baznīca gāja bojā 2. pasaules kara laikā – 1941. un 1945. gadā. Šobrīd pēc draudzes vadītāja iniciatīvas noris tās atjaunošanas un konservēšanas darbi. Ēkas (bez jumta) iekšpusē novietoti soli un notiek dievkalpojumi. Vieta interesanta ar faktu, ka šeit par mācītāju strādājis Jukums Baumanis – Joahims Baumans (1712 – 1759), kas izdevis Vecā Stendera darbus.

N/A
Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church of Nautrēni (Rogovka). The construction works of the brick church lasted from 1901 till 1914. It is an example of Romantesque style. The organ was bought in 1939; it is a national cultural monument.
N/A
Roman Catolic Church of Puša was built in 1743. Financed by Count Šadurskis; managed by Jesuits mission. There is on organ and 3 altars in the church.
N/A

 The Orthodox Church and Cloister of the Holy Spirit and the Orthodox Church of St Nicholas the Miracle Maker are found at Brīvības Street 200 in Jēkabpils. The Byzantine Church of the Holy Spirit was built between 1853 and 1886 to replace a wooden church which had been built in the latter half of the 17th century and burned down in 1773. Duke Jacob of the Duchy of Courland supplied the timber for the old church. The cloister was alongside the church. On Second Easter in 1903, the church caught on fire, and the only icon rescued was a painting of the Virgin Mary. The church suffered damage during World War I and was restored in 1933. Alongside the Church of the Holy Spirit is the oldest church in Jēkabpils – the oldest stone church in the city, which is named after St Nicholas the Miracle Maker and was erected in 1774. This is a very small church, just 17 x 19.5 m. The cloister of the Church of the Holy Spirit operates the church today, and it can be viewed from the inside. The stone fence that surrounds the complex is massive, but atypical of urban environments in Latvia.

 

N/A
Īdeņa graveyard chapel has Catholic church services. Īdeņa chapel was built in 1898 by the foundation of dean Smilgevičs. The church is devoted to the honor of the Holy Cross. The chapel has a small bell tower and the weatherboards. You shouldn’t miss the chapel’s special celebration that is the indulgences of St. Francis of Assisi, stigmata day in September 17.
N/A
St. Anthony Roman Catholic Church of Pilcene (Piļcine) is the oldest wooden church in Latgale, built in 1670. It is prominent because of its half columns, hexagonal tower, semicircular windows, and a dome with a cross and antique interior.
N/A
St. Alois Roman Catholic church of Ostrone (Ustroņu) was built in 1935 in the time of dean B. Valpitrs CCM (Congregation Clericorum Marianorum).
N/A

Eine der größten Kirchen Osteuropas (bis 16. Jh.) un die einzige mittelalterliche Kirche Estlands mit zwei Türmen. Wurde in 13. – 16. Jh. gebaut, zerstört im Laufe des Livländischen Kriegs. Im Chorteil der Kirche befindet sich das Museum der Universität Taru (früher – eine Bibliothek). Die Türme sind renoviert und in denen sind die Aussichtsplätze eingerichtet.

N/A

Labi aplūkojama (neliela izmēra vienstāvu ēka) no Klajumu vējdzirnavu puses. Baptistu draudze Jūrmalciemā dibināta 1933. gadā.

N/A
Rimši Old-Believers Prayer House. The church was built in the beginning of the 20th century.