No Name Description
N/A
Krustceļi Old-Believers Prayer House was built in 1939.
N/A
Puderova Old-Believers Prayer House. The architectural monument of local importance was built in the beginning of the 20th century.
N/A

Die kleinste und eine der reichtesten Kirchen Nordeuropas im Sinne der Zierelemente. Seit dem Bau im 14. Jh ist äußerlich kaum verändert worden.

N/A

Pühtittsa Convent at Kuremäe was established in 1891 and is the only operating Russian Orthodox nunnery in Estonia. Centuries ago there was a sacred grove on Kuremäe hill and a sacrificial spring at its foot, the spring is considered “holy“ for its curative powers. The convent compound is open to visitors; guided tours run by nuns can be booked to learn more about the daily life of convent residents.

N/A

Located on the right bank of the Daugava, the church can be seen from various parts of Piedruja.  The first wooden church was built at the instruction of Prince Jan Stapekha in 1632, and it burned down in 1759.  The Baroque stone church that is there now was built in 1759 with its two towers, and it may have been designed by an Italian architect.  The towers stand 27 m high, and under the church is a cellar.  The towers have three bells – the largest one dates back to 1711, the middle-sized one was manufactured in 1896, and the smallest dates back to 1619.  The largest bell weighs nearly 0.4 tonnes.  Inside the church are many important cultural and historical monuments, including a central wooden altar with a painting of the assumption of Mary, three 18th century altars, a pulpit from the early 19th century, St Anton’s altar, a fresco of the Holy Trinity, church dishes from the 17th century, etc.  The building is surrounded by a large garden with a stone fence and stone repositories at the corners of the garden.  Two priests, Kazimirs Konvalevskis and Broņeslavs Stefanovičs are buried here.  Stefanovičs played a major role in the restoration of the church after World War I.  The Piedruja congregation first emerged during the first half of the 17th century.

N/A

Находится в 2,5 км к северу от Круте. Небольшое здание из деревянных бревен с дощатой обшивкой первоначально было построено в 1642 году, а кирпичная башня восстановлена после Второй мировой войны. Интерьер церкви – алтарь (вторая половина XVII века), алтарная икона неизвестного автора «Иисус у креста» (XVII в.) и богато орнаментированная кафедра (1642 г.) являются важными памятниками времен маньеризма.

N/A

When you travel along the northern shore of Lake Sauka where the road to Klauce crosses your road, you will see the Sauka Lutheran Church among the trees. This is the third church at this location. It was opened in 1827 and can mostly be viewed from the outside. The altar is decorated with sculptures of St Peter and St Paul, as well as the altar painting “Jesus on the Cross with Mary and John,” which is by J. Doering. The organ was built by craftsmen in Jelgava, and the pipes were manufactured in Sauka.

N/A

Celta ~ 1560. g. vietā, kur agrāk atradusies Sakas osta. Dievnamā apskatāms > 170 gadus vecs kuģa modelis. Vietējie ticēja, kas tas aizsargā jūrniekus un bojāejas. Šāda tradīcija Latvijā ir novērojama tikai dažās baznīcās. Baznīcu var apskatīt arī no iekšpuses.

N/A
The Crucifix of Ružina is made of wood according to old Latgalian traditions.
N/A

Atrodas Celtnieku un Z. Mauriņas ielu krustojumā. Dievnams uzcelts 2000. gadā modernās arhitektūras formās (arhitekti Aija un Andris Kokini), kas simbolizē Noasa šķirstu vai zviedru laivas, kas atnesušas kristīgo ticību.

N/A

Atrodas Labraga – Apriķu ceļa malā. Kāds nostāsts vēsta, ka to 1896. gadā cēlis vietējais muižkungs, kurš vēlējies, lai viņa meitas laulības notiktu baznīcā. Dievnamā atrodas altārglezna "Kristus pie krusta un Sv. Marija Magdalēna", kas gleznota 19. gadsimtā (autors T. Šprengels).

N/A

Atrodas t.s. Baznīcu kalnā - Tautas ielā 2. Šo uzskata par vienu no krāšņākajiem Latvijas pareizticīgo dievnamiem, kura ārējo veidolu izrotā daudzo torņu kupoli. Tā celta 1905. g. kā Dinaburgas garnizona baznīca ar daudziem nozīmīgiem mākslas pieminekļiem interjerā, t.sk. 19. gs. ikonām. Dievnams ir ikdienā atvērts un apskatāms no iekšpuses.

N/A

Одна из самых красивых деревянных церквей Южной Латгалии. Построенный из бревен и обшитый досками храм строился в период с 1750 по 1751 гг. Сохранился алтарь работы XVIII века (резьба по дереву, барокко) и проспект органа, а также более 30 предметов, имеющих художественную ценность. Во дворе церкви в XIX веке построена колокольня. В направлении озера Рушонс построен деревянный пасторат.

N/A

Eine der größten Kirchen Osteuropas (bis 16. Jh.) un die einzige mittelalterliche Kirche Estlands mit zwei Türmen. Wurde in 13. – 16. Jh. gebaut, zerstört im Laufe des Livländischen Kriegs. Im Chorteil der Kirche befindet sich das Museum der Universität Taru (früher – eine Bibliothek). Die Türme sind renoviert und in denen sind die Aussichtsplätze eingerichtet.

N/A

This is a simple one-story building with a cross on its roof.  The Pitrags congregation was established in 1890, but the church was built in 1902.  It was restored after a World War I fire in 1925 and 1926, and restored again during the period of Latvia's restored period of independence.

N/A

Храм неоднократно горел и строился снова. Теперешняя церковь построена в 1874 году, а после пожара 1927 года была восстановлена в 1932 году. Можно осмотреть алтарную икону«Иисус со святым причастием», две картины И. Зебериньша «Иисус у креста» и «Иисус благословляет детей» (1957 г.). Проспект органа является первым, построенным в «латышском» вкусе органом (резчик по дереву П. Планкус, 1936 г.), а сам инструмент номинирован как самая красивая и самая объемная работа лиепайского мастера Екаба Яугиеша. Трубы органа сделаны из дерева, что является редким случаем. Церковь можно осмотреть изнутри.

N/A

The church was built in 1868 in the place where a wooden church erected in 1766 had stood before.  The church helped sailors to determine where they were.  The Liv flag was consecrated here on November 18, 1923.  During the 1930s, worship services were held in the Liv language at the initiative of the local Liv organisation, and they were conducted by a pastor from Finland.  The altar painting, "Christ and St Peter on the Sea," is the work of Gunta Liepiņa-Grīva, and she painted it to replace an altar painting that disappeared in 1965.  It was reportedly the work of the daughter of the local nobleman.  During the 1970s, the church was seriously vandalised.  The choir loft and organ were set on fire.  Later, during the early years of Latvia's independence, the church was renovated.  Information about the church has been collected for years by Mazirbe resident Valentīna Dzene.  There is a huge pine tree with a circumference of 3.05 metres to the South of the church.

N/A

The St George Lutheran Church of Subate is on the north-eastern shore of Lesser Lake Subate. The church was built in the Byzantium style in 1685 and 1868 and was commissioned by the owner of the Prode Estate, H.F. Osten-Sacken. This is the only church in Latvia which is reminiscent of the typical appearance of Protestant churches in the late 17th century. The small towers at the corners of the building are of interest. Inside you will find a richly ornamented ensemble of sculptures and wood carvings, including a 17th-century altar, pulpit and pews, as well as artworks from the 17th and 18th century and a bell that was cast in 1682. Some of the interior design was the work of students at the Stelmuže wood carving school.

N/A

In the centre of the Old City, on the corner of Latgales and Baznīcas streets, the church was built in the style of Russian Classicism between 1843 and 1845.  The ceiling and wall paintings were recently restored, and the bell in the steeple weighs 1,667 kg.

N/A

Līdz 18. gs. šajā vietā bija koka baznīca, kamēr 1798. g. uzcēla mūra baznīcu, kas cieta 1. pasaules karā, bet 2. pasaules kara laikā to uzspridzināja. Tikai pusgadsimtu vēlāk - 1991. gadā tika uzsākti atjaunošanas darbi, kas joprojām turpinās. Tagad redzamais dievnams ir iepriekšējā līdzinieks.