No Name Description
N/A

Atrodas Bauskas vēsturiskajā centrā, Plūdoņa ielā 13 a un ir šīs pilsētas daļas vecākā ēka. Dievnams celts 1591. - 1594. g. vēlās gotikas stilā, bet tornis piebūvēts 1614. g. Baznīcas iekšpusē atrodas nozīmīgi mākslas pieminekļi: altāris (1699. g., pārbūvēts 1861. g., mākslinieks J. Dērings), kancele (1762. g.) un ērģeļu prospekts (1766. g.) – abi Nikolaja fon Korfa dāvinājums, draudzes soli (17. gs. vidus – 18. gs. sāk.), senākais no koka veidotais Bauskas ģerboņa attēlojums (1640. g.), deviņas 16. – 17. gs. kapu plāksnes, epitāfijas u.c. Baznīca, kurā ir vērts ieiet!

N/A

Atrodas Ēdoles centrā. Dievnams tapis 17. gs. vidū, pateicoties Ēdoles pils īpašnieka - Johana Dītriha Bēra iniciatīvai, kas to veltījis sava noslepkavotā tēva piemiņai, domādams, ka tādējādi varēs izpirkt brāļa Filipa - tēva slepkavas grēkus. Lai izpirktu savējos, J. D. Bērs licis sevi paglabāt zem baznīcas durvju sliekšņa. Dievnama iekštelpas rotā sākotnējais baroka interjers, kā arī krāšņs ērģeļu prospekts un luktu apdares elementi.

N/A

Located in the southern part of Feimaņi, the church was built between 1756 and 1760. The local estate was owned by the Korff dynasty, and the denomination of the congregation changed when the family converted from Lutheranism to Catholicism.  This church has the largest number of artistic monuments among all churches in the Rēzekne Administrative District, including a confessional bench, pews, an organ prospectus, silver cups and three altar wood engravings from the 18th century.  Above the gate is a bell tower with four bells.  During Holy Week, clappers are used instead of bells.  They are about 2 m long and 1 m high and are reminiscent of ancient laundry rolls.  Feimaņi is also home to one of three flag workshops in Latvia, and it has state-of-the-art equipment.  The flag of Latgale was “born” here in ideological and physical terms.

N/A
St. Michael the Archangel Roman Catholic Church of Viļāni. The Church together with the Monastery of Bernardian Order was built in the middle of the 18th century. It is a national cultural monument. Many important paintings, sculptures and objects of applied arts have survived here. The Church has an organ and a fisharmony. The status of national importance was awarded to the architectural monument in 1952.
N/A

The church was built between 1932 and 1938 to replace an old Neo-Gothic wooden church.  It was designed by J. Cīrulis.  Until 1994, the building housed a venue that rented out films.  Today it houses an exhibition, “From Foundations to the Steeple:  Photographs of Ancient Lettigalian Construction Jobs.”  This documents the construction of the church.  The 37 metre steeple offers a good look at Rēzekne.

N/A
Blessed Our Lady’s Birth Roman Catholic Church of Kaunata was rebuilt in 1850 by Zuzanna Druva after the wooden building was burned down. The church has a fabric icon „St. Elizabeth is visited by Mary”.
N/A

Līdz 18. gs. šajā vietā bija koka baznīca, kamēr 1798. g. uzcēla mūra baznīcu, kas cieta 1. pasaules karā, bet 2. pasaules kara laikā to uzspridzināja. Tikai pusgadsimtu vēlāk - 1991. gadā tika uzsākti atjaunošanas darbi, kas joprojām turpinās. Tagad redzamais dievnams ir iepriekšējā līdzinieks.

N/A

Atrodas pilsētas centrā - Tirgus laukuma malā. Dievnams tapis 1495. g., pēc Livonijas ordeņa mestra Valtera fon Pletenberga (~ 1450. – 1535.) pavēles. Gadsimtiem ritot, ēka pārbūvēta un tagad redzamais tornis celts 1907. g. Baznīcā apskatāmi nozīmīgi kultūrvēstures pieminekļi: altārglezna “Golgāta” - H. Kīperta darināta kopija (pēc K. Arnoldi Kandavas luterāņu baznīcas oriģināla (1864. g.)), muižniekam Fīlipam Drahenfelsam veltīta epitāfija (B. Bodekers, 16. un 17. gs. mija), A. D. Tīzenhauzenas kapu plāksne (1648. g.), kristāmtrauka pamatne (18. gs.) un piemiņas plāksne 1. pasaules karā un Latvijas Brīvības cīņās kritušajiem draudzes locekļiem (1925. g.). Ap Tirgus laukumu (atjaunots, jauka strūklaka) izvietojies Dobeles vēsturiskais centrs.

N/A

The first Catholic church in Ludza was built in 1687 and burned down.  A new wooden Baroque church was built in 1738, and because of its colourful interior it became known as the loveliest wooden house of worship in Latvia.  The church burned down during a great conflagration in 1938.  Work on the church that is there began in 1939, but it was only completed in the early 1990s.

N/A

Ein hervorragendes Sakralensemble im Barockstil (17 – 18 Jh.), eine Kirche und ein tätiger Nonnenkloster.

N/A

Gebaut am Ende des 13. Jh. als eine dreischiffige Basilika im romanischen Stil mit gotischen Elementen. 1853 wurde der 65 m hohe Turm aufgebaut (Aussichtsplatz). In der Kirche befinden sich die Grabsteine der livonischen Bischöfe, Kanzel (1748), Altar aus Eichenholz (1858), Altarbild (1862), Buntglasfenster und eine der besten Orgeln Lettlands (1907).

N/A
Notra’s Old-Believers Prayer House. The construction works lasted from 1928 till 1931. The church is situated on the site of the previous church that was originally built in 1853.
N/A

A bit less than one kilometre from the Aizkraukle castle hill, the church can be seen from the Rīga-Daugavpils highway (A6).  The church was built in 1688 on the steep banks of the Daugava River Valley, and old Daugavpils road can still be spotted.  Between 1896 and 1899 the church was rebuilt in Neo-Gothic forms.  Inside is an important altar painting by Augusts Annuss, “Lord Help Us, We are Sinking.” There are memorials to local people such as Col Jorģis Zemitāns and Archbishop Arnolds Lūsis.  A legend says that the steeple of the church is crooked because it was hit by a German military plane during World War II.

 

 

N/A

Atrodas Grobiņas centrā, Dzērves laukuma malā. Pirmā baznīca Grobiņa bija celta jau ap 1560. g., bet nākamā – 1596. g. celtā iznīcināta 1659. g. zviedru iebrukuma laikā. Pēc Kurzemes un Zemgales hercoga Jēkaba Ketlera iniciatīvas 1664. g. tiek uzcelts jauns dievnams, ko atjauno 1892. gadā. Tas dedzis 2. pasaules kara laikā, bet vēlāk atkal atjaunots. Šobrīd notiek altāra restaurācijas darbi.

N/A

Meklējama pilsētas centrā - Tirgus laukumā 11. Dievnams uzcelts 1886. g. Ēkā atrodas vairāki nozīmīgi mākslas pieminekļi – gleznas, krucifikss (18. gs.) u.c. Baznīcas dārzā apskatāma skulptūra “Latgales māte” (tēlnieks B. Buls) un piemineklis politiski represēto piemiņai (tēlniece V. Dzintare). Baznīca ir apskatāma arī no iekšpuses.

N/A

The Skaistkalne Roman Catholic Church is in the southern part of Skaistkalne and on the right bank of the Mēmele River valley. The Baroque church is known as the most beautiful Catholic church in Zemgale. The ornate interior and the graves of clergymen and noblemen can be toured.

N/A

Одна из самых красивых деревянных церквей Южной Латгалии. Построенный из бревен и обшитый досками храм строился в период с 1750 по 1751 гг. Сохранился алтарь работы XVIII века (резьба по дереву, барокко) и проспект органа, а также более 30 предметов, имеющих художественную ценность. Во дворе церкви в XIX веке построена колокольня. В направлении озера Рушонс построен деревянный пасторат.

N/A

The Krāslava Catholic Church was built between 1755 and 1767 after a design by the Italian architect A. Paracco, and it is considered to be Latgale’s most outstanding Baroque monument. The interior can be toured, and you can also visit the restored cemetery where members of the Plater family of noblemen are buried.

N/A

Preiļos, blakus viesu namam „Pie Pliča” (Raiņa bulvāris) ikviens var apskatīt un ieiet Latgales un Latvijas mazākajā dievnamā – kapelā.

N/A

The St George Lutheran Church of Subate is on the north-eastern shore of Lesser Lake Subate. The church was built in the Byzantium style in 1685 and 1868 and was commissioned by the owner of the Prode Estate, H.F. Osten-Sacken. This is the only church in Latvia which is reminiscent of the typical appearance of Protestant churches in the late 17th century. The small towers at the corners of the building are of interest. Inside you will find a richly ornamented ensemble of sculptures and wood carvings, including a 17th-century altar, pulpit and pews, as well as artworks from the 17th and 18th century and a bell that was cast in 1682. Some of the interior design was the work of students at the Stelmuže wood carving school.